Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by hypocaffeinemia View Post
    If only they made a touchstone for the car.
    Car charging cable + Touchstone?

They said it can stick almost anywhere lol but most cars have porous surfaces
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    we don't know for sure how much the kit costs. it's all just fun and games until we see the actual price in black and white.

my only point with my previous post was -

1. a guess on touchstone 3 purchase options (Kit, TS only, Back only).
    2. a guess on prices.

i still don't know what your point is.
    So let me get this straight, the person who originally posted this info in the sprintusers forum has a screen shot that we deem to be "real", for the most part, but his statement on the price is not. That doesn't make any sense if we are to believe the screen shot is indeed real then we are to take his or her word for the actual price of the "kit". Furthermore why argue about what you believe the price of the kit to be or not be if you intend to only believe something when it's in black and white. This whole thread is speculation for that matter and there are no points to argue or state as fact.
    Or if you want the Palm Micro USB charger Amazon.com has it for $17
    Amazon.com: PALM 3437WW Vehicle Power Charger: Apparel
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Quote Originally Posted by LightofHonor View Post
    Car charging cable + Touchstone?

They said it can stick almost anywhere lol but most cars have porous surfaces
    Seeing how the Touchstone is going to be a line of accessories I'm sure they'll be one just for Cars down the road. Palm has always sold a Car Kit for the Treo line of phones. I'm sure they'll do it for the webOS phones as well.
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    70 bucks isn't bad for a Touchstone charger when some charging docks for the iPhone cost the same or higher.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by apolloa View Post
    I live in the UK and we don't have Sprint and no network has assisted turn by turn GPS services as far as I know. I also do not like the keyboard, I had a Sony Ericsson P990 with a tiny keyboard and just couldn't get used to it and to me it SHOULD record video out of the box. Yes it's coming, so what, I'm actually sick and tired of Apple and Palm thinking they can launch a PREMIUM phone, charge a premium price for it, and not bother to include video recording capabilities out the box, mobile phones I had 5 years ago could record video out the box!!!
    ehh, I'll give you that on the phones 5 yrs ago having video functions out of the box!! BUT we all have yet to actually hold it in hand personally so it's a bit quick to say the keyboard is too small when we haven't held it yet. Just saying.
    Sincerely,

Dwight Shrute
    you have to pay a premiere price to be cool...

i dont have any problem with this.... Apple's accessories have been overpriced for years and no one has really complained about it... and people still buy it... Rubenstein knows this well.
    Article in the San Francisco Chronicle about the wireless charging:

While Palm plans a return to relevance in the technology world with its upcoming Palm Pre smart phone, the device is not the only hot-shot product the company is launching in the next month.

New Palm Pre phone comes with wireless charger
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Best Buy never has bargains on the accessories so why would anyone expect any different for a Pre accessory? Don't we all shop for prices and more often than not, buy online at a discounted price? If buy.com has it on ebay at list we'll save -10% with MS cashback. I'm sure there will be other online etailers offering it at a discounted price at some point as well.

I could care less about the Touchstone being premium. It shouldn't be a "premium" product. It should be the standard in how things are charged, not the exception. You want the tech in as many people's hands as possible. Once you have the cover you open the door to more types of charging bases than just the touchstone. If more people have it on this product they'll want to see it on their other gear.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    So you expect every company to jump on board at the same time? It has to start somewhere. There are already companies out there like Splashpower, ecoupled and Wildcharge that specialize in it. You already have options to wirelessly charge BB and Motorola phones as well as game controllers. There's furniture companies building the functionality into things like office desks. Ones that can be in your home as well as in hotels you're traveling too. Wall warts are cheaper? How many people lose them and buy another. How many wall warts do you have sitting in a drawer collecting dust? I'm sure many people have quite a few. Think outside the box a little. Apple was even thinking about it with the iphone calling it "Powershare" at the time. Think they've used that term elsewhere now though.
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Does anyone really think that laptop makers are going to build this kind of thing into their devices? That's what I really need charged up when I put it on my desk. Do I need to buy a new desk? Don't I still need a wired charger when I go on the road? How about my bluetooth headset? With that be charged too? Don't I still need a wired charger for that?

How about my wireless mouse? If this technology is so great, why isn't it built into a mousepad or wireless keyboard? Perhaps it's because batteries and wall-warts are cheaper.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    LOL as SOON as I saw that screenshot yesterday with the sku and raced up to the Best Buy store that I work at to see if it was real (it is) and THEN I checked the employee pricing and employee price it's only $34.99!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggi View Post
    LOL as SOON as I saw that screenshot yesterday with the sku and raced up to the Best Buy store that I work at to see if it was real (it is) and THEN I checked the employee pricing and employee price it's only $34.99!!!!
    Siggi, I mean, Ziggi, my good friend. How have things been, you remember me, right?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234