1.    #1  
    OK, I know that TreoCentral has a forum just for this, but I felt that it warranted a thread here. We all know that the previous Palm devices were a bit ... lacking ... in BT capabilities, particularly as they relate to playing music.

Because I've been exclusively a Palm phone user for about 6 years now, I haven't kept up much on the BT headsets that were geared around music. I'm assuming that the BT 2.1 on the Pre is going to get us in "in the game" for a broader range of headsets.

I'm watching a demo of Pandora on the Pre. I have Pandora on my PC, and will definitely have it on my Pre, but I don't want a wired headset tied to the phone.

So, I'm asking for suggestions. What I'd like is a BT headset that's good for music, but will also work for making phone phone calls. Preferably, one of the unobtrusive "behind the neck" type sets.

Any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    OK, I know that TreoCentral has a forum just for this, but I felt that it warranted a thread here. We all know that the previous Palm devices were a bit ... lacking ... in BT capabilities, particularly as they relate to playing music.

Because I've been exclusively a Palm phone user for about 6 years now, I haven't kept up much on the BT headsets that were geared around music. I'm assuming that the BT 2.1 on the Pre is going to get us in "in the game" for a broader range of headsets.

I'm watching a demo of Pandora on the Pre. I have Pandora on my PC, and will definitely have it on my Pre, but I don't want a wired headset tied to the phone.

So, I'm asking for suggestions. What I'd like is a BT headset that's good for music, but will also work for making phone phone calls. Preferably, one of the unobtrusive "behind the neck" type sets.

Any suggestions?
    I'm looking at this one...

Motorola - S9HD Bluetooth Wireless Stereo Headphones - Black - 89307N

I am sure you can find it less expensive somewhere online.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    Treo Central store has some nice ones like: http://store.treocentral.com/motorol...t/9A32A385.htm
    This one probably won't be good for music - single ear. Look for a stereo BT headset and take advantage of the BT that the Pre will have.
    I picked up the cheap set by LG (model HSB200), does it's job very well and was only like $23 shipped. The band feels pretty flimsy, but has held up well even in my backpack. Sound is good, and it folds up nicely for storage. Looks aren't quite as cool as most, but fit is comfortable enough. Bottom line, if your cheap these are the ones for you.

http://www.amazon.com/LG-HBS-200-Blu...bosnation0e-20

But it's cheaper on ebay.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post

Any suggestions?
    That forum is probably more applicable than you'd think because Softick Audio Gateway gives Treo users the ability to enjoy Bluetooth stereo audio, just like the big kids.

So, this thread is probably a good one for you to check out: http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...ions-755p.html

Here's one of my posts from that thread:

"My girlfriend's got the "Jawbone 2" which has noise filtering technology. Good stuff.

I've got the "Jawbone" which has noise filtering tech, the Motorola S9 which is a lightweight, narrow Bluetooth stereo headset (A2DP as someone said), and the Motorola HT820 which is a more cushioned, somewhat larger Bluetooth stereo headset.

I've got one or two others around here somewhere that no one uses. All of the above, though, are recommended.

If you're wondering why you should care about noise filtering or Bluetooth stereo, consider how annoying (and sometimes painful) it is when you're talking to someone who's in a noisy environment. If that person had noise filtering tech, a lot of that background noise wouldn't make it to your end of the call. This is the gift you could provide for *your* callers. Nothing's perfect, but it can be helpful.

Bluetooth stereo is helpful when I want a better listening experience - say in stereo - so that I won't have to crank up the volume and risk my hearing in that ear. Having stereo sound means my music and podcasts can be sent to both ears (without having to be so loud)... *wirelessly* AND I could control the volume, pause, and forward & back controls from the headset! Plus, if you get a call while listening to music, the headset allows you to talk to and hear your caller without changing headgear.

Besides size, the big difference between the S9 and the HT820 is that the former only lets you hear callers through one ear. The HT820, though, has your callers in stereo, just like your music. So, when my mom calls me from work, and she's whispering like a secret agent, I can hear her a bit more easily without blasting the volume up in one ear.

Good luck.
    "
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    The S9-HD are $10 less at buy.com; the original S9s are $39.99 and have free shipping. Not sure what the difference is between the two models is other than the all black on the HD and red inside on the S9. S9 works fine for my needs.
    If you're expecting high quality audio, Bluetooth isn't going to do it. That, and needing to put the headset on a charger all the time are why I decided against it.

Though, I have heard the Jaybird stuff is better than the Motorola S9, for the record. Don't know anyone who has either though.

Personally though, I'm going to stick with my wired Etymotic hf2 stereo headset. I just can't do without the noise isolation. (And they make a Bluetooth stereo headset too, that I'd be eager to try if it wasn't so damn hideous.)
    The Jabra Halo is supposed to be released sometime in May (haven't seen it for sale anywhere yet). This looks very nice, and I may consider it.

Jabra HALO - Stereo Bluetooth headset for music phones and iPod, MP3 players (music on load warning)

Outside of that, I just purchased a Samsung SBH500 behind the neck headset. The headphone sound is decent, but I don't have a means to test the headset functionality of it so far. The real killer is the pinch it puts on your ears; these things get uncomfortable quick. I will be returning these soon.

Other headsets I have been considering are the Motorola S9HDs, Jabra BT3030, BT8010, and the Plantronics Voyager 855. Does anyone have any first hand experience with these and willing to give an overall opinion? I have found various reviews and roundups, however they are all rather dated (and CNet's reviews are all rather "blah"). I am strongly leaning towards the Voyager 855s at this point if I get too impatient to wait for the Halo. Are there any other headsets worth considering that haven't been mentioned yet in this thread?
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    Anyone aware of a wired set that includes phone discussion capability? I tried several wireless headsets with my Treo and finally went back to a good old wired headset.
    1st SFG (A)

if at first you don't succeed - RELOAD!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1SFG View Post
    Anyone aware of a wired set that includes phone discussion capability? I tried several wireless headsets with my Treo and finally went back to a good old wired headset.
    Any iPhone headset will work. As I mentioned, I'm using my wired Etymotic hf2, but there's a ton of others.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Are there any in-ear wireless BT sets out there? I remember seeing one a while back.
    Motorola makes sum good 1s. I luv using my Plantronics Pulsar 590!
    the S9-HDs for a better price

PROVANTAGE: Motorola 89307N S9-HD Bluetooth Stereo Headset - Gloss Black

I bought mine from there when they were first released for $77, now they are $67.
    Always pimpin' PunnyShirts.com
    I just ordered the s-9 HD. I've had the orginal S-9's and love them but the left ear stopped working last week (of course right after i get the Pre they stopped working). I ordered the s-9 HD's on Ebay from one seller that was offering the "buy now" for around $60 i then submitted a request for $45, $50, then $55 and he accepted it at $55. So purchased headset for $55. not a bad price for what you're getting.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I am using the Plantronics Voyager 510 with my pre and it works great.