Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    What screen protection solutions have you guys seen for the Pre?

Even though the Precentral store has a category for screen protectors all that category shows is screen wipes.

Here is an interesting FUTURE product:

Invisible SHIELD for Palm Pre | Palm Pre covers skins & screen protectors

It is a thin skin. Anyone have experience with Invisible Skinz? They make em for lots of phones.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    That is the invisible shield which is now owned by Zagg. I have them on all my electronics and they provide fantastic protection. I am a bit hesitant for the pre through because of touchstone compatibility and gesture compatibility.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    After I know I am getting the device I will probably get some sort of screen protector along with a few other devices including possibly the touchstone.
    I will wait and see if the pre is going to hold up on it's own. Every time I've purchased one of these silly things, I've never end up needing it.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    If the InvisibleShield wraps completely around the device, would it effect the use of the Touchstone charger?
    not to get off the subject..... i want to know if the palm pre will have the same ringers as the palm centro...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike5 View Post
    If the InvisibleShield wraps completely around the device, would it effect the use of the Touchstone charger?
    If it works with the capacitive screen, I don't see why it wouldn't work with Touchstone. I'm hoping that the touchstone can handle a minor separation - I'd like to install one in my car under the dash.

But by the same token, the Touchstone will require a separate soft-touch cover that I don't think would be conducive to sticker application.

Quote Originally Posted by phone queen View Post
    not to get off the subject..... i want to know if the palm pre will have the same ringers as the palm centro...
    Unknown.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike5 View Post
    it might make the magnets that hold it on a little less sticky, but I couldn't see it effecting the charging significantly, the tuchstone works bt creating a magnetic field that interacts like a transformer with a coil in the phone, the microscopic amound of distance it will add shouldn't effect it (an educated guess)
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    I've heard that BestSkinsEver is better than the Invisible Shield and it's much cheaper too.
    Quote Originally Posted by jewel View Post
    I've heard that BestSkinsEver is better than the Invisible Shield and it's much cheaper too.
    BestSkinsEver vs invisibleSHIELD DS Lite Skin Review - ( Review, Preview, Article, Interview, Q&A ) - GamersHell.com

For the DS it seems to hold true,

7$ vs 25$

BSE: » Best Skins Ever for iPod touch - review » Silver Mac

This site has a bit on the BSE as well: http://twimn.wordpress.com/
    IS: Invisible Shield - review

I think I would go with IS just for the fact that it has a life time guarantee for replacements and from the pictures it looks to be more see through, but that could just be the reviewers fault.
    Last edited by Banger; 04/24/2009 at 03:11 PM.
    How would one of those thingies work with a slider phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    How would one of those thingies work with a slider phone?
    As it would with a flip phone - two or more pieces.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    I made the mistake of putting the invisibleSHIELD on my HTC Touch. It works great for the sides and back of the device but it is terrible on the screen. I have been using screen protectors on all my devices for the past 10 years. This is the worst one I have ever used.

Number one, The material has a rubbery feel to it which is great for the back but terrible on the screen. It gives you traction when holding it but try slidding your finger across it? Your finger sticks and bounces across the screen. You cannot do smooth screen swipes with your finger. Number two, it is not transparent. Maybe I am a little picky on this one but I like a perfectly transparent screen saver. I dont want it to affect my view in any way. I dont like anti-glare either.

I really like Boxwave screen savers. They are really smooth on the finger and totally transparent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolhandace View Post
    I really like Boxwave screen savers. They are really smooth on the finger and totally transparent.
    As do I, I've got one on my 755p right now. Only problem is... they're only made for flat screened devices (i.e. everything on the market right now). The Pre, it would seem, is not.
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    I only got a back side invisibleshield for my Centro to make it easier to hold and I have some crappy screen protector on the front and I havent had a scratch in 2 years. On my mp3 player I have a full body shield and I can see right through to the screen even in sunlight... (Granted I don't need to touch the screen)
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.