Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    with reports coming out saying there could be more additions to the touchstone line, i would hold off on buying it and wait for something else. $70 is a pretty steep price for a charger
    That is a dumb price... I'd think more like 19.95... no more than 29.95 at sprint... cheaper other places.

Not new tech and it only charges the phone. It would have to do more than charge the phone for me to buy it at that price. That is crazy.

A charger?

At that price (as I've said before) if it charged the phone from 20 feet away, it would be a deal.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Quote Originally Posted by GregV View Post
    I'd buy it for $30. I'd think about it for $40. $50 or higher, forget it.

$70 conjures up expletives.
    Agreed... 70$ is omg expensive.
    lol

3x more than I'm willing to pay for a non-essential "gee whiz that's neat" device.
    Don't forget its also a dock and automatically converts the Pre to speakerphone mode.

How much did you pay for a speakerphone dock for your last phone?

If you just want a charger you can get those really cheap.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    palm AND sprint need to make money and if this pricing for the touchstone and back is true, it will hurt their bottom line. think of when you go into a store looking for the latest and greatest, you will impulse buy in a heartbeat UNLESS there is one factor to make you really think about it...PRICE!! i was planning on getting 2 for myself and 1 for my fiance (for when she's staying the night at shrute farms) and figured somewhere in the $40 range for the bundles (x2) and a separate touchstone for work which would easily result n 3 touchstones and 2 back covers being sold without ANY hesitation and me spending about $90-$120 and money in their pockets!! Throw in that $70 price and you have people walking away from the table altogether without a single unit sold!! $70 for the bundle=FAIL economics!! Do what you need to so you can MOVE units and not have people rethinking how much it'll cost them in the moment sprint and palm!! The GOAL should be to have each and every person that buys a pre to walk out of the store with the touchstone and back in their hand b/c if they leave the store without the touchstone, then THAT is massive money being left on the table!!
    Sincerely,

Dwight Shrute
    This site also shows a Treo 650 for $499! Seems a bit out of touch with reality
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    oh and that $40 estimate was using sprint's accessory pricing on the high end (which is where most all of their accessories tend to fall).
    Sincerely,

Dwight Shrute
    Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    palm AND sprint need to make money and if this pricing for the touchstone and back is true, it will hurt their bottom line. think of when you go into a store looking for the latest and greatest, you will impulse buy in a heartbeat UNLESS there is one factor to make you really think about it...PRICE!! i was planning on getting 2 for myself and 1 for my fiance (for when she's staying the night at shrute farms) and figured somewhere in the $40 range for the bundles (x2) and a separate touchstone for work which would easily result n 3 touchstones and 2 back covers being sold without ANY hesitation and me spending about $90-$120 and money in their pockets!! Throw in that $70 price and you have people walking away from the table altogether without a single unit sold!! $70 for the bundle=FAIL economics!! Do what you need to so you can MOVE units and not have people rethinking how much it'll cost them in the moment sprint and palm!! The GOAL should be to have each and every person that buys a pre to walk out of the store with the touchstone and back in their hand b/c if they leave the store without the touchstone, then THAT is massive money being left on the table!!
    Right.

This is generally how I see the whole SERO/old plan with Pre argument as well.
    Don't cheat yourself treat yourself. You have to pay to play you guys know that. it going to help, causes hooking that usb cord to your phones all the time will damage it sooner or later. I know I have that problem with my current phone. Is it expensive? yeah, but all Palm products are so what you going to do? Buy it, Buy it, Buy it get everything you can with this Pre.
    i'll get a touchstone. no way am i fussing with that tiny micro USB door every time i want to charge the device.

amortized over the life of the device, the cost is nominal.
    Gekko, you are a marketer's dream.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    i'll get a touchstone. no way am i fussing with that tiny micro USB door every time i want to charge the device.

amortized over the life of the device, the cost is nominal.
    I mean really I been looking @ the touchstone since January. So now I had my money since then its burning a hole in my pocket. Besides you get the burger you want the cheese right. People don't forget the cheese.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    Gekko, you are a marketer's dream.
    i don't know what your finanical situation is right now and i don't want to know.

but i spend more than this for a round of drinks. this is chump change.
    Even though the price is going to be $70, I will still probably get one just for the fact that it's a wireless charger and so easy to use. Plus, I hate phones where you plug the charger in the side vs. the bottom. If it's charging and I want to answer or use the phone, it's a lot easier without the cable in the way on the side
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    i don't know what your finanical situation is right now and i don't want to know.

but i spend more than this for a round of drinks. this is chump change.
    A single round? What on earth are you guys drinking?
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    $12 drinks x 6 = $72 + tip = $80+

martinis in vegas are $16!!! and the high end hookers are $1,000-$2,500!!!!!!!!!! now THAT'S where i draw the line!!!!!
    Gotcha. I'll stick with my $5 beer - gets me drunk just the same!

Which I may have to be when it comes time to truly justify buying a Touchstone.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by Krod301 View Post
    Touchstone dock for Palm Pre to run $69.99?

What a day, what a day. More info please

Looks like it says it'll come with the back cover.

yes it is expensive, but the desktop charger for the bberry 8830 was 99.99....and this one is hella cooler, cept it doesnt charge a 2nd battery which kinda blows...
    Mike (FOOmanJEW) Jaret-Schachter
    Running With Scissors
    Producer
    www.runningwithscissors.com
    www.twitter.com/mikejaret
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hair View Post
    Gotcha. I'll stick with my $5 beer - gets me drunk just the same!

Which I may have to be when it comes time to truly justify buying a Touchstone.
    back in college (early 90s) my beers were 25 cents a draft on tues, thurs, and sun! and the pizza was 25 cents a slice! you could have a hell of a night for $5 - which is about all we had back then!!!
    Last edited by Gekko; 04/13/2009 at 07:59 PM.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast