Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Get BodyGuardz or maybe Best Skins Ever instead of InvsibileShield. Once trying BodyGuardz instead of InvisibleShield, you'll never tell anyone to get InvisbleShield again.

I've used both, won't dare "touch" InvisbleShield ever again. That orange peel (IS) impacts your screen sensitivity, unlike BodyGuardz. Also, InvisibleShield is not as clear as BodyGuardz

BodyGuardz vs. invisibleSHIELD
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Not that I'm going to apply it, but I prefer Case-Mate. I used them for my Google phone for the brief amount of time that I had it.

I'm sure they'll carry Pre products.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Get BodyGuardz or maybe Best Skins Ever instead of InvsibileShield. Once trying BodyGuardz instead of InvisibleShield, you'll never tell anyone to get InvisbleShield again.

I've used both, won't dare "touch" InvisbleShield ever again. That orange peel (IS) impacts your screen sensitivity, unlike BodyGuardz. Also, InvisibleShield is not as clear as BodyGuardz

BodyGuardz vs. invisibleSHIELD
    WOW! Thanks for the link Darnell. I'll definitely look into BodyGuardz and research the original manufacturer for the material. It's always good to have alternatives and choices.
    Quote Originally Posted by cary328is View Post
    I am 100% sure that the capacitive touch surface will not he hindered AT ALL by the invisibleshield (actually manufactured by 3M). I've put this stuff on pretty much every gadget I have from the iPod touch to the glass track pad on the new Macbook Pro. No affect at all on responsiveness.
    I don't actually have an InvisibleShield, but I will say that there are some screen protectors that will not work for the capacitive touch screen on my Dell XT, but some work fine. I'm not entirely sure what the difference is between the ones that work and the ones that don't, but I agree, if you have an InvisibleShield working on the capacitive touch of the iPod Touch it'll work on the Pre as well.
    Do you guys really plan on keeping your phone more than 2 years? I mean...we are all pretty geeky here and this isn't our first dance with a smart phone. Unless you're banking on selling a perfectly preserved phone after 2 years, I wouldn't even consider any of this shield stuff. Just keep your keys out of the pocket you put your phone into if you don't use a pouch.
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Do you guys really plan on keeping your phone more than 2 years? I mean...we are all pretty geeky here and this isn't our first dance with a smart phone. Unless you're banking on selling a perfectly preserved phone after 2 years, I wouldn't even consider any of this shield stuff. Just keep your keys out of the pocket you put your phone into if you don't use a pouch.
    How many full touch screen devices have you had?
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    How many full touch screen devices have you had?
    I am on my second Sprint Touch, ironically, the reason insurance gave me another one is because the screen leaked internally. It started out with a square shaped oil slick in the middle of the phone that progressively got worse. After a while the START button in the top left corner of the screen was very hard to activate, at that point in time I had enough and turned it in to insurance to get another phone which has been fine so far.

I doubt a screen protector would have done very much to save it from getting that oil slick.
    I am on my second Sprint Touch, ironically, the reason insurance gave me another one is because the screen leaked internally. It started out with a square shaped oil slick in the middle of the phone that progressively got worse. After a while the START button in the top left corner of the screen was very hard to activate, at that point in time I had enough and turned it in to insurance to get another phone which has been fine so far.

I doubt a screen protector would have done very much to save it from getting that oil slick.
    But you do know a screen protector can prevent scratches and lower the glare of finger prints, right?

And why not perfectly preserve the full device if one intends to sell it in about a year when upgrading to something else? It could only help during resale to have the device in mint condition.
    I keep my phones for 2 years most of the time and I still have all the phones I have ever owned, just because they are outdated and noone wants them anymore by the time I get a new one.
    All the more reason to use a full body protector. At least from my way of seeing it. If I'm going to keep a device for years I want to make sure it's not getting scratched up. Cool if I can keep it looking like new.

I mean that Camaro in your avatar looks mighty clean .
    In that picture it is...currently....uhm....what can I say, been lazy, it needs some cleaning for sure.

I am very careful with my phones, my Touch pretty much still looks like new, so I am not too concerned with it.

Funny, girls always want to ride in a clean car, but ask them to help clean it.....they want money! lol, wtf?
    Funny, girls always want to ride in a clean car, but ask them to help clean it.....they want money! lol, wtf?
    They like to use and be seen in it, but that does not mean they want to clean it. They see themselves taking time out of their day to sit in the car with you as the privilege .
    Oh...it's one of those stick it all over the phone deals! Yeah..no way I would use that, I'd rather have some every day battle scars on the phone instead of all that sticky stuff that, if not applied correctly, traps air bubbles and may start peeling.

My Pre is going to wear it's birthday suit for as long as I have it.
    That's the cool part of it...no sticky if you want to take it off, and I didn't get any air bubbles. Good stuff.

And you guys are probably right about the touch screen not needing it, but I'll at least apply it to the outside. Wanna keep it in nice shape since I'll likely have it for some time (Especially since Pre will likely cost a pretty penny)!
    It's fun to read about people whining how cool something looks then they go out and buy a case to hide it in.

Never had a case or screen protector (no thanks..its a capacitive touch screen), never will. Own it a year, sell it used, and buy a new one.
    I like the cases, however when I buy one I usually end up taking it off and using it like a couple of times. So I think cases look good until you buy them.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    I think the Pre will be my first ever Palm device in a long time without a screen protector. Since the days of the stylus seem to have passed I don't see the need anymore. I keep my treo in my front pocket with screen against me or on rare occasion in a belt case and will do the same with the Pre. I will most likely put a Best Skin Ever skin over the rest of the device to protect it from scratching.

I just hope the body of the phone is better sealed than the Treo. I have lint between the layers of the screen in my Treo - this aggravates the *&$( out of me! I don't konw how it got in there, but if the Pre release wasn't looming I'd buy a replacement screen for the 755p... I'm going to tough it out and see if the Pre is going to replace the whole darn device anyway.
    I used to (still do?) love accessories, and had fun dumpster diving in Staples, eBay, etc. for Handspring modules, Treo stuff, etc. I tried to make a decision a year or so ago that I'd only go with blue-tooth ones from now on.

I hope the Pre doesn't REQUIRE them. For instance, the Treo's had horrible phone jacks - they broke if you used headphones. So you had to use Bluetooth headphones if you wanted to use them as your MP3 player or phone. But the bluetooth only MOSTLY worked, even with SAG or the firmware update.

I hope their new jacks are robust. I hope their bluetooth really works. I hope the camera is good enough. I hope their screen is scratchproof, or works with screen protectors. Just give me ONE way to make each feature work 100%.

I don't expect perfection in everything, and I can accept a few bad features, but enough of it has to be GOOD ENOUGH for me.

PS-I went without screen covers for years with my Visors. Had my keys in the same pocket, change, etc. But it is playing with the odds, and I did scratch up the writing area of my Prism eventually. Use screen protectors (if you can).
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    It's fun to read about people whining how cool something looks then they go out and buy a case to hide it in.

Never had a case or screen protector (no thanks..its a capacitive touch screen), never will. Own it a year, sell it used, and buy a new one.
    That's cool, if you can afford to do that. I usually update my phone when my contract is up; and even then this phone will most likely cost me quite a bit. So (for me) that means keeping it in as nice of a shape as I can while still keeping is usable. Not meant as "whining."
    life is too short for cases, screen protectors, and belt clips. it's 2009, people. just put the phone in your front pocket and be done with it.
  20.    #40  
    Sir, just step AWAY from the fanny pack...
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast