Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Since Wi-Fi tends to suck batteries quickly, what we need is a Mophie Juice Pack for the Pre.

The standard Pre battery is 1150 mAh. A step up is the Seido 1350 mAh battery originally developed for the Centro.

What we really need is a 1800 mAh battery that clips on the back of the Pre. So you have the internal battery AND the external Mophie Juice Pack.

Now we're talking!

OK, mStation/Mophie get it in gear and give us a Juice Pack for the Pre!
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Yeah. I am quite worried about the battery life of the Pre. Not only is CDMA inherently more 'thirsty' then GSM/HSPA the webOS looks like it will be doing a whole lot of background syncing and synergising.

1150mAh is a pretty wimpy battery overall. While we dont know how well optimized the software and hardware will be for minimal power consumption more mAh is always better. And 1150 is towards the low end of current smartphones.
    One solution I am willing to go with is actually carry an extra battery in my change pocket. I do that if I am going to have a SUPER intensive day with my Blackberry. (It's hard to kill the Blackberry's battery in a single day, even with heavy use) If moderate use of the Pre can get me through the day I ALWAYS remember to charge at night. So it won't be an issue. If I am facing a day where I'm going to be doing some heavy media usage/lots of streaming... I really don't mind carrying a backup. It's just a pain to charge both when you get home.
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    A convenient way to add battery life to the Pre is what we need. Something like what the Touchstone does for charging.
    Man, I just checked my woeful celly's (Samsung SPH-m300) batt and its rated at 1000mAh. I say woeful cause I never get more than a day out of it, if I decide to talk and text (oh I know, true multitasking)

I hope the Pre's batt life is more optimized than my current phone.
    I have a 2000 mah battery in my Sprint Touch and I can barely make it through the day!
    Hi all.. As the new guy here please be patient with me. Following the posts I totally agree that, from a heavy user prespective, the 1100 mAh battery is probably going to be somewhat of a issue. But I'm sure that the third party vendors will, as history shows with other new Palm devices, develop a extended life battery for the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    I have a 2000 mah battery in my Sprint Touch and I can barely make it through the day!
    it won't matter the size of the battery, its how efficient and optimized the OS on using the juice is. winblow was and is never efficient at battery life or memory, but thats a whole nother other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outrigger View Post
    it won't matter the size of the battery, its how efficient and optimized the OS on using the juice is. winblow was and is never efficient at battery life or memory, but thats a whole nother other.
    Oh trust me, I know... my buddy has a Touch Pro on Sprint and he is singing the battery blues every day.

The stock 1100 that came with my touch needed charging halfway through the day, sometimes earlier. Sometimes I am in roaming areas and that really kills the battery in a hurry.
    Reading this battery talk it made me think. The supposed reason for not having removable storage is because it would ruin the sleek look. If when the device is released they discover poor battery life, and they answer a big battery would make it look ugly, I'm going to be annoyed. And no... the fact that it has a removable battery is not a great excuse. It's nice and all, but who really carries around a spare phone battery?
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    Hmmmm . . . . . I'm seeing Touchstone stations at every Starbuck's, etc.
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    In a way I do care about battery life, on the other hand, I am always on the go, so I will probably keep it plugged into a car charger the whole time. They haven't talked much about battery life officially and I don't know what that really implies, if anything, but I guess we'll know once the device is out there. At least there weren't reports of the battery not making it through a CES demo....now that would be BAD!
    Gee, the phone is not even out yet and it already has bad battery life...