Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Palm has added a new accessory to the Pre page. It is a "Side Case", not to be confused with the "Slip Case" already on the site. It is pretty much the same as the "Slip Case" but has a flip cover, as well as a belt clip, magnetic closure, and a ribbon pull. It looks very nice!

Check it out here.

EDIT: Also, they have added more pictures of each accessory. Those may have already been there, but I hadn't noticed them before.
    That's a nice case.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    good catch

can't see the second view down on the right

ok now let's get the hard balckberry like belt clip ... before seido does
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    I'm in for a holster. Too much bulk otherwise. Every time I try a play through case or pouch type case I end up going back to a simple clip in holster. This way I can just angle it up to see who's calling or texting or even rotate it slightly to just do something basic real quick.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    I'm in for a holster. Too much bulk otherwise. Every time I try a play through case or pouch type case I end up going back to a simple clip in holster. This way I can just angle it up to see who's calling or texting or even rotate it slightly to just do something basic real quick.
    yes, yes, and yes. Tired cases, always went back to a side clip or holster.
    da Gimp

I tend to walk to close to walls / doorways and such at times and bang my phone against it. I'd want something to provide a little protection even if it does provide somewhat of a slight inconvenience to being able to view the screen of the phone since you would have to extract it from the case.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    I tend to walk to close to walls / doorways and such at times and bang my phone against it. I'd want something to provide a little protection even if it does provide somewhat of a slight inconvenience to being able to view the screen of the phone since you would have to extract it from the case.
    yeah. that happens to me too. the back of my centro is all scratched. But, you have to give somethign up.

Reallywhat would be nice - and i didn;t find it for the centro - is a thin rubber casing which includes a clip. There was one on treocentral a while ago. gonna go look for it again
    da Gimp

We are really desperate for Pre news.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    DOH !!

I just realize a skin case won;t work ... slider phone !! Geez, i've had a treo / centro for such a long time

here were the cases anyway:
    http://store.treocentral.com/treo-skin-cases.htm
    da Gimp

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    Any top loading cases? Both of these are side loading..
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/ac...ase-650-a.html

This is the case I've had on my 700P for over two years. Good protection plus easy to pop open the front to view the screen. Don't think something similar could be designed for the Pre though.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    they do make clip on hard cases for slider phones. I'm not sure how well they work, but they are out there. I bought one for a buddy with an LG Voyager.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/ac...ase-650-a.html

This is the case I've had on my 700P for over two years. Good protection plus easy to pop open the front to view the screen. Don't think something similar could be designed for the Pre though.
    Did you ever put this on a belt clip ? I see the round hook on the back
    da Gimp

Quote Originally Posted by B-model View Post
    Did you ever put this on a belt clip ? I see the round hook on the back
    Yeah, it has the standard looking Sprint / Nextel clip you click the phone case into, and swivels 360 (have always worn it on my belt or clipped to a pocket if not wearing a belt). About the only damage I've really done to the phone would be nicks to the antenna which is completely exposed

Palm Pre wallpapers
    i'm gonna do exactly what I do with my 755p. Slap a screen protector on that sucker and then put it in my pocket. Yea my 755p is a little scratched up, but it still works like a champ (besides the random resets).
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    i'm gonna do exactly what I do with my 755p. Slap a screen protector on that sucker and then put it in my pocket. Yea my 755p is a little scratched up, but it still works like a champ (besides the random resets).
    Do you get the feeling the Treo design was more durable then the Centro design? It looks like it will be much more durable then the Pre.

my centro is a mess atfter 1 year. i just sold my 700P and it looked awesome. I've treated them both equally well.

maybe becasue it's"pretty" but i don;t get the impression the Pre will be as Durable as the past palm phones
    da Gimp

You mean we have to pay for that? My Sprint Touch came with a similar case included. What i also dont like is that it does not seem to have a hole so you could plug your headphones in and listen to music whil the phone is in the pouch.
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    You mean we have to pay for that? My Sprint Touch came with a similar case included. What i also dont like is that it does not seem to have a hole so you could plug your headphones in and listen to music whil the phone is in the pouch.
    I think the only phone I've purchased that came with a holster or case was my Kyocera 7135 (came with holster).

Didn't even consider the headphone dilemma, uh-oh.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by B-model View Post
    Do you get the feeling the Treo design was more durable then the Centro design? It looks like it will be much more durable then the Pre.

my centro is a mess atfter 1 year. i just sold my 700P and it looked awesome. I've treated them both equally well.

maybe becasue it's"pretty" but i don;t get the impression the Pre will be as Durable as the past palm phones
    Yea, I was thinking the same thing. I've never owned a Centro, but many of my friends have one. My gf has a red one and it's actually pretty solid. She drops it a lot (with no case) and it still looks pretty decent. The soft material on the outside of the 755p is definitely a step above in terms of durability though. I've dropped my phone tons of times, and you can see minor nicks in the material, but its really not very noticeable. My biggest worry about the Pre is that one major drop will either crack the bigger flush screen or break the slider part of the phone. Seems like there are many more potential parts that can break on the Pre. Most likely I'll still chance it though cause I really hate phone cases. The only way I would consider one is if it barely added any size to the phone and there was nothing that you need to unlatch or open to get the phone out and/or see the screen. There are some nice ones for the Centro and iphone, but I don't know how that would work for a slider phone like the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    Ditto!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast