1.    #1  
    Does anybody know if the Pre will have a speaker independent voice dial program (I hope it's by Voice Signal if they do) or the ability to launch said program via bluetooth headset tap??? I had that on an old Samsung phone and LOVED it. I have the Centro currently and I really miss it.
    I'd hate to see the Pre get all stupid about headset-initiated speaker-independent voicedial like the iPhone apparently still is, even in version 3.0.
    My Motorola E815 "Flintstones Era" cell phone does a great job of this and it's powered by a small dinosaur on a treadmill.

EDIT: Looks like now the iPhone has killer voice dial.
    Last edited by kenc3dan; 06/09/2009 at 11:10 AM. Reason: IPhone 3.0 release
    has anyone cinfirmed that voice dial over BT works?
    No, there is no voice dial period.
    Looks like there is voice dial through a Bluetooth headset. Gotta check my facts though.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenc3dan View Post
    Looks like there is voice dial through a Bluetooth headset. Gotta check my facts though.
    No, there's not. The fact sheet says it, but whoever made the fact sheet was wrong on many things that don't agree with the user manual and the actual device.
    jhoff80: Man, that's too bad. I didn't find it in the manual either but never got a chance to try it for real in the Sprint store.
    Have you tried it with the actual device?
    I'm going down to the Sprint store and will bring my BT headset with me just for fun.
    I have the actual device, but no Bluetooth, only a wired headset, but I'll guarantee it's not possible. There's just no application that has the capability to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenc3dan View Post
    I'd hate to see the Pre get all stupid about headset-initiated speaker-independent voicedial like the iPhone apparently still is, even in version 3.0.
    My Motorola E815 "Flintstones Era" cell phone does a great job of this and it's powered by a small dinosaur on a treadmill.

EDIT: Looks like now the iPhone has killer voice dial.
    It's ALMOST worth switching to AT&T to have a REAL smart phone!!!!

I have another week to decide....

Cmon Pre, get ur **** together!!! I love you except for the idiotic lack of voice commands and real cut and paste.
    I'm tweeting #pre and #palmpre on Twitter with requests for voice dial and real cut and paste. Anyone want to join in. Let them hear democracy in action.
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Glad to see this thread started. Lack of voice dialing on this new "smart phone" is probably the most glaring omission.
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    This is the one thing I miss the most on the Pre. The universal dial is nice, but if I'm on the road, I need to be able to call out the number to be dialed, rather than looking at the phone.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Seriously, what's up with all of these "smartphones" launching without voice dialing? My dinky little LG Chocolate back years ago could do voice dialing for crying out loud. It makes these touchscreen phones nearly unusable for me other than answering an incoming call using my headset.
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by teiresias View Post
    Seriously, what's up with all of these "smartphones" launching without voice dialing? My dinky little LG Chocolate back years ago could do voice dialing for crying out loud. It makes these touchscreen phones nearly unusable for me other than answering an incoming call using my headset.
    If it never gets resolved/added I will be perplexed, confused and peeved. But I have confidence that it will because it really makes no sense at all to not have it on something like this. As for how the phone got released without it, I think it's another thing that just wasn't ready to go (video recording is another) by the deadline.