1.    #1  
    I don't know how I missed this article in Fast Company magazine about wireless electricity. But imagine not even having to set the Pre (or any device for that matter) down on that neat little charging pad that we'll probably have to pay about $39 for.

We're right at the precipice of just that. Check it:

Wireless Electricity Is Here (Seriously) | Fast Company
    Well, I'm not so sanguine about "your body being invisible" to the things. Especially the RF models. RF at certain frequencies may well be a cancer risk, and I'm not sure I want to be walking through an office with 250 of these things transmitting their wireless power for 85 feet. Add them all up, and who knows what the risk will be.

And while the idea of freeing ourselves from wires is nice, the reality is that the wireless charging pad needs to be plugged in. And the probability is that there will be no standardization. Just like today, with each device having it's own particular charger, I expect each manufacturer will have it's own unique wireless charging station, so we'll still have a rats nest of chargers and wires to worry about.

Call me a pessimist...
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    I'm waiting for this company to go public and then I'm buying:
    M2E Power | Power Generation Solutions

I don't think wireless charging is the answer. I think longer-lasting power sources and ways to keep power going between charges are the answer.
  4.    #4  
    Let me re-phrase the title of this thread - "Wireless POWER..." That's what the article has me excited about. Being able to power (not charge) things wirelessly.
    Tesla was brilliant, and far ahead of his time.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    another thread for this? It gets discussed in every touchstone thread of which there are many. The whole point on the grand scheme is taking this tech that's been used by toothbrushes and shavers and apply it to many. Companies will build office furniture with built in charging pad. Cars could have built in cradles with charging pads. Hotels, trains, planes would all have charging pads built in for their travelers to charge up.

Not to come off wrong, but why do you keep creating threads for things that are already being discussed if you'd just do a search? Third point mentioned in the forum guidelines:
    Search! Search! Search! - Your question probably has been answered or discussed. Before posting a new thread, please use the search feature to look for your question first. While we welcome people who are new to Palm OS or the Treo, it can become monotonous for the community to continue answering the same questions repeatedly.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Speaking of which, I can't seem to find (or I'm too lazy), what kind of charging connection it has without this wireless charger? MiniUSB?

BTW I'll definitely be getting the Touchstone.
    Treo 650p --> Treo 755p --> Pre
    microUSB
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Gah! I know it's just become the "standard" in the industry, but I don't have it and I don't know anyone that does! I guess one will come WITH the Pre, but if I'm ever out for a while and want to charge, that sucks. Oh well, hopefully more people will have it soon.
    Treo 650p --> Treo 755p --> Pre
    Motorola make a mini to micro adapter so you can make use of all your existing chargers. I bought a H710 headset and was quite peeved they I couldn't use my Motorola car charger and they sent me one for free. You can buy them for about $7. Check Amazon. I now have a bunch lying around since I lost my H710.