Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    There has been little to no discussion of the Pre's ability to sync to car bluetooth systems. I really haven't seen too many of the videos but since there has been a major lack of discussion on this I can assume that there really hasn't been any info coming from Palm on this.

I am hoping that they at least provide a way of filtering what contacts get transferred to the car. For the 800w there is not inbuilt way of filtering which contacts make it over to the car phone book, so if you have a lot of contacts you'll quickly run out of space in the car.
  2.    #2  
    Crickey, no one else interested in this phones bluetooth integration with their car ?
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    I sure am. My Car supports AD2P so currently I play all music from my Treo 800w through my cars speakers using Bluetooh and it sounds great. No wires no fuss.
    I am but there is no infromation what-so-ever about the bluetooth profiles on the Pre
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    Are you talking about Ford's Sync system in some '08 and many 2009s?

If yes, I see a Centro does not support Text Alerts or Text Messaging from the Sync system. I hope the Pre will.

On another point, I don't see how you can run out of space on the Ford Sync system, or any other recent one. A smartphone, like a Centro, will run out of capacity itself before a Ford Sync system will , the '09 Sync has 40 Gb hard drives behind the scenes. How many space do your contacts take up?
    Quote Originally Posted by Miner View Post
    Are you talking about Ford's Sync system in some '08 and many 2009s?

If yes, I see a Centro does not support Text Alerts or Text Messaging from the Sync system. I hope the Pre will.

On another point, I don't see how you can run out of space on the Ford Sync system, or any other recent one. A smartphone, like a Centro, will run out of capacity itself before a Ford Sync system will , the '09 Sync has 40 Gb hard drives behind the scenes. How many space do your contacts take up?
    I think he means all car bluetooth systems... Wait.... You can get text messages on the Sync system?!?!?!?! That'd be awesome to have! On another note, I'm deffinately interested in this because I just got a bluetooth headunit for my car and I don't want it to go to waste when I get my Pre... Deffinately something to look into!!
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jknorr View Post
    I think he means all car bluetooth systems... Wait.... You can get text messages on the Sync system?!?!?!?! That'd be awesome to have! On another note, I'm deffinately interested in this because I just got a bluetooth headunit for my car and I don't want it to go to waste when I get my Pre... Deffinately something to look into!!
    www. syncmyride.com > Mobile Phones > Text Messaging and also see "View all tested Mobile Phones"
  8.    #8  
    I was talking in general, but to be more specific for Audi's. I know with Audi's that you can't sync text messages, which might be a good thing. Too many distractions can only lead to more 'head up your arse' driving

The limit (for me specifically) is with the Audi phone book. It can only hold around 140 contacts I think. Might be off a little, but it's something around that number.
    I hope the Pre supports Phonebook sync, I haven't had my phonebook in my handsfree since I used to use Sony Ericssons eons ago. I was uberpissed when I found out Garnet didn't support that profile.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09

Sprint - Palm PreBAHHHH!!!!!!! I feel completley stupid!! On the Sprint web site it says it's supported by bluetooth and it even supports stereo bluetooth so i'm sure that it's safe to assume that you can also export your phonebook onto the car's system (if the system supports this of course), not sure about filtering the contacts though, we might have to wait until release to find that one out.
  11.    #11  
    I am 100% certain that it will synch with the car. My Treo 800w will just not filter contacts though. I've been using the Jetware application which doesn't seem to be in development anymore. I've blown the trial period but it's still limping along. Shame, as this was good software. Tried to contact the creator and no response.

I'm going to say that the Pre won't have a way of filtering contacts to the car
    I say that we throw in bets.... A Pre for Free says it will... Anyone want to make a wager??
    Having AD2P does not mean it will have phonebook sync...

Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Having AD2P does not mean it will have phonebook sync...
    True, I never said it did. I'm saying that this is new technology and since it has AD2P then maybe it might have phonebook sync... Just being hopeful that's all
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    I have an 05 bmw. The phonebook does synch.
    I have a Clarion bluetooth stereo in my car. After pairing, it now automatically:

reconnects when turning the stereo on
    pauses playback when stereo turns off
    resumes playback when reconnecting

I'm impressed.
    I have a 2007 BMW M6. My Centro interfaced seamlessly with the Bluetooth car kit. Now, my new Pre does not upload any of my contacts to the Bluetooth. I called Palm and was advised that they are aware the Pre does not support this function. How stupid of Palm to have not included Bluetooth functionality for BMW. Why would they have it for the Centro but not the Pre? Very frustrating . I am going to return it to Sprint and get the iPhone instead. At least I know that Apple is smart enough to recognize that a significant percentage of people purchasing a high end phone are likely to be driving a high end vehicle, most of which have integrated Bluetooth systems.
    Paired my Pre with my Alpine stereo with BT. Check this out! I can stream Pandora or iTunes playlists (podcasts), sounds great. When a call comes in, music pauses, I press the phone button on my dash, answer the call, talk, hang-up, music resumes. When I exit the vehicle, Pre pauses music. No static or skips! Very impressed!
    Quote Originally Posted by kslmd View Post
    I have a 2007 BMW M6.
    Lucky. Did you find the extra BHP setting in the iDrive?

Thanks for depressing me. Upgrading to an M6 (is there any other direction it could be) within the next 6 weeks when my lease ends...something to look forward to, ugh! Hopefully the basic functions work because the phone is awesome
    Larry
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast