Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I'm actually having problems with the Pioneer DEH-P7000BT. My older bluetooth (HTC Wizard) never had this problem, and the headset I use with my Pre doesn't have this problem - periodically during a call, I an increase in static to the point that the call is unlistenable... just garbled. And after a few seconds of this static, the call will eventually fade back in and be quite nice.

It doesn't matter if the phone is charging, where the phone is physically, it just starts to warble and static after use, and fade right back in again.

If I change my output on the Pre during the staticy part of the call (from bluetooth to speakerphone, let's say) the audio goes to the phone as expected, and then when I switch it back to bluetooth audio, the static is gone again. So I can interrupt the static by changing the Pre's output. But that's no good!

In addition, music palaying through the Pre has a bit of static in the high treble ranges. Doesn't matter if I have the Pre's volume high or low.

Any ideas on either of these?
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Can anyone help me with a delayed speaker problem? I have a 2008 Jeep Commander. When I make the first two calls with the Pre, the calls are made, but I cannot hear anything. Neither can the person on the other side of the call. The third call works fine, if the recipient is still willing to talk to me after two "crank" phone calls!
    I must agree with a few others... The Palm Pre, with the exception of text support, work amazingly well with Microsoft Sync in my 2010 Ford Escape. Most people that I talk to through the system have no idea that I am talking to them through my car. The feature that uploads any changes to your contacts immediately as you get in reminds me of something else...oh yeah, it's my Pre!
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    @Joebreeves:

It sounds like you ahve the same issue as me! Finally, someone else! (Not that its a good thing) My phones static in high treble areas with music streaming is so annoying that I dont even bother using it via bluetooth anymore. My pre's volume level doesnt make a difference either. Have you found a fix?
    Hi i have a 2011 kia sorento and the phone syncs awesome as well as the contacts, however it takes like 4 min to load my contact list , where my wifes BB curve takes 5 secs and we have same amount of contacts. anything i can do about this?
    i have a vauxhall vectra 1.9 cdti design 2006 and it wil connect and pair up with my pre, but it disconnects after a few seconds. It wil connect up perfectly with my tatty old nokia, but not this new posh phone.

any ideas why it wont hold connection?
    For those who successfully have transferred contacts to their vehicle, do you just get phone numbers, or do you also get the physical addresses? What I want to know is whether I should expect all the contact fields to transfer (to include physical address) or just to expect phone numbers.

I have a new BMW X5, and unlike BMW owners of slightly older cars, everything seems to be working pretty well, but it sure would be nice to get addresses that are stored in my contacts into my car system so I can navigate to them without re-entering the address.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    andywoodstock: your problem sounds suspiciously like the problem 2008 and earlier BMW owners are having with webOS v1.4. See this thread on the Palm support forums: Bluetooth Related Issues with Car kits regarding w... - Palm Support Community
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    I have a 2010 Tundra platinum with BT. Everything works.
    I can call up anyone in my contacts, BT pandora to it and do what not. So good!
    Calls aswered and prioritized and ..... !
    Not a single prob with the pre and the MM interface. Lovin it. Got radio, CD, Sat and pandora.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator View Post
    I have a 2010 Tundra platinum with BT. Everything works.
    I can call up anyone in my contacts, BT pandora to it and do what not. So good!
    Calls aswered and prioritized and ..... !
    Not a single prob with the pre and the MM interface. Lovin it. Got radio, CD, Sat and pandora.
    Can you navigate to addresses in your contacts?
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    For those who successfully have transferred contacts to their vehicle, do you just get phone numbers, or do you also get the physical addresses? What I want to know is whether I should expect all the contact fields to transfer (to include physical address) or just to expect phone numbers.
    I'd be surprised if the Bluetooth spec even supports this (that goes way beyond it's original mobile phone roots) but can't say for sure. They enhance it with every rev, but this would be a recent enhancement if it is in there and optional behaviour to boot (to avoid obsoleting older devices), so the odds of both ends implementing it are probably pretty low.
    Yeah, uhh... it's Kevin. (KevinT was already taken.)

PalmPilot Professional, Palm V, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Palm Prē & Prē 2, HP TouchPad & Veer
  12. exp
    I have installed a new Mki 9200 in my ruck today and It works great with 1.4. I can use the car kits voice dial. It x-fers contacts, and even speaks through the stereo when using Sprint navigation. I am impressed, saying I did have to get me a new PRE due to bluetooth chip went bad. Now, I can sync up with no problems.

2002 Ford F-150 with stock radio.
    Has anyone figured out how to send only selected contacts to the BT car kit?

My 700p allowed me to add individual contacts to the Car Kit group and I could "send" it using BT to my car.

Now my 578 contacts all load instead of just my 60 in the Car Kit group.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I have a Pioneer FH-8000BT aftermarket receiver installed in my car. The call routing goes through well but I have a strange problem with the stereo audio routing.

When I delete the BT pairing and initiate a connection, my Pre Plus shows a stereo headset connection, then it disconnects by itself and then it never again shows me a way to reconnect/pair with the stereo for listening to music over the car speakers. I am hoping the 1.4.1 update (Verizon) solves this problem. If anyone else has another solution for this, it would be greatly appreciated.
    i have the bluetooth that connects to my pre so i can listen to my music... its awesome... switched from wireless fm to the bluetooth.. better quality
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I tried to get bluetooth A2DP/audo working on my Palm Pre (webOS 1.4.1) to the Pioneer AVIC-X920BT but I couldn't get sound to go through - it pairs, the head unit plays and pauses the Pre, but there's no sound going through at all. I turned bluetooth off and on, re-paired and still got nothing.

Any one have any luck getting their Palm Pre (or Pixi) to stream music over Bluetooth with the Pioneer 2010 models (AVIC-X920BT, AVH-P5200BT or the CD-BTB200 add-on)?
    I drive an 07 Cooper S. Don't currently have bluetooth, but was going to have the dealer add it (at a HEFTY price).

I'm really interested in streaming audio/music. Does anyone drive a Coop and can give me some input before I make the best/worst decision ever? It could go either way depending haha
    I have 2009 Acura TSX and AT&T Palm Pre Plus (1.4.2): paired nicely, all phone functions work good. However, when I play music through Bluetooth, I too hear static noise, "cracking" sounds, and even sometimes stuttering! a bit annoying.

I switched from iPhone 3GS: I didn't have such problems with it.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    I have been running a Parrot RKi8400 Digital Media receiver in my Jeep for about a month now. Contacts synced fast first time I paired, and update each time there after. Can make calls from the stereo, get voiced caller ID on incoming calls, play music, podcasts, SprintNav. calls are crystal clear.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    I really wish they would work on compatibility with Nissan/Infiniti systems other than the 2009 model year vehicles with Navigation -- those are the only vehicles Palm says have been tested compatible.

I have a 2010 Nissan Frontier with the Rockford Fosgate system and bluetooth -- I get no phonebook transfer, and people on the other end complain of static. No such issues with my Blackberry in the same vehicle though.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast