Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 105
  1. #21  
    My partner has an M45 and we paired the pre right away. They problem is it disconnects almost immediately and the connection is horrible. Anyone who can provide any direction or places to read about this? I have never studied bluetooth pairing as I have always been lucky enough for it to just work
    Larry
  2. ardoreal's Avatar
    Posts
    75 Posts
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    #22  
    Ford Sync '09 here. The Pre supports every feature, signal strength, bluetooth media streaming (even w/Sprint Radio..NIIICE!!), EXCEPT texting.

    What's really nice is that the Telenav app plays through the bluetooth stream as well, with Sprint radio playing as well. In fact the Pre ducks the music audio when the Telenav app speaks turn instructions.
  3. brybry2's Avatar
    Posts
    23 Posts
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    #23  
    paired pre with Infiniti G35. Only problem is Palm failed to give us the feature to transfer contacts by bluetooth. Had it on the 755p. Need that back for sending phonebook to car bluetooth.
  4. hova's Avatar
    Posts
    259 Posts
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardoreal View Post
    Ford Sync '09 here. The Pre supports every feature, signal strength, bluetooth media streaming (even w/Sprint Radio..NIIICE!!), EXCEPT texting.

    What's really nice is that the Telenav app plays through the bluetooth stream as well, with Sprint radio playing as well. In fact the Pre ducks the music audio when the Telenav app speaks turn instructions.
    JINX! loll I posted the below message in another thread


    Palm PRE and Pioneer DEH-P7000BT CD Receiver

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    I have the pioneer DEH-P7000BT installed in my car. pairing with the PRE was a breeze. This phone was the perfect addition to my car. I downloaded my phone book into the car stereo, the phone works perfect. Call comes in, and I can pick up with the phone or just push a button on the stereo to pick up.

    Wireless audio works like a gem too. I was streaming pandora on my way to the gym. You can change the panodra station right from the stereo too.(as well as the standard music player on the PRE)

    But here is the best part of PRE to me(in addition to multitasking...blah, blah, blah lol)
    I was on my way to walmart and I decided to try the sprint navigation on the PRE out. While getting sprint navigation directions to walmart (direction are played over the car stereo speakers) I was streaming panodra. Everytime the navigation would have to give directions to say "Make a right turn on ....." it would'nt completely cut off the pandora music. It simply raises the audio level of the navigation while still playing the pandora music in the background. As soon as the navigation is finished it raises back up the audio level of the panodra music without skipping a beat. This phone is too SWEET!
    "Bite the hand that feeds you,.......They'll always be impressed by the sharpness of your teeth."-Peggy Sellers (Miriam Margolyes)
  5. #25  
    Using Bluetooth on my '08 Audi, I get my ENTIRE PHONEBOOK in the phone interface. In the past my Treo 755p only showed the favorites. Obviously, I'd rather dial through the car interface than fumbling for my Pre and using a speed dial. But scrolling all the way through the list is way slow. In the end, I find myself using the 'Recent Calls' list on the car interface.

    So, I tried adding a digit to the beginning of names to no avail - the Pre's contacts list ignores it and continues to sort alphabetically. Any suggestions to get names to the TOP of the list to act as a sort of 'Favorites'? And would you duplicate the entries or rename the originals???
  6. #26  
    I have a pioneer FH-P8000BT it will pair fine and the the bt audio works for the most part, there is some digital artifact noise that i'm not sure if its because of BT or if its noise on the call coming through BT. my largest problem is that my contact download will only go to 50 and stop. everything worked great on my iphone and a G1.
  7. samhooah's Avatar
    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    #27  
    Installed VW OEM bluetooth kit (Volk-L) today in 07 GTI. Works great. Phone pairs automatically with good call quality. Awesome sound from Pandora over A2DP! Will experiment with touchstone in car to go totally wireless :-)
  8. #28  
    Good bluetooth head units to purchase aftermarket?

    Good bluetooth to AUX IN devices aftermarket? Ebay?
  9.    #29  
    How many contacts do you have ? I thought that Audis had a limit of how many contacts could be transferred into the phonebook ?

    Can't help on the favourites. You could add voice tags (if you have that feature) to the people you call the most. I was impressed with the Micro$oft synch system as I didn't need to add voice tags, could just say a persons name and it recognised them

    Sad state of affairs when Audi is behind Ford in the technology areas !!

    Quote Originally Posted by emair View Post
    Using Bluetooth on my '08 Audi, I get my ENTIRE PHONEBOOK in the phone interface. In the past my Treo 755p only showed the favorites. Obviously, I'd rather dial through the car interface than fumbling for my Pre and using a speed dial. But scrolling all the way through the list is way slow. In the end, I find myself using the 'Recent Calls' list on the car interface.

    So, I tried adding a digit to the beginning of names to no avail - the Pre's contacts list ignores it and continues to sort alphabetically. Any suggestions to get names to the TOP of the list to act as a sort of 'Favorites'? And would you duplicate the entries or rename the originals???
  10. #30  
    I use my Pre with the Microsoft Sync in my Ford Fusion and it works like a charm. The phone book downloaded, the calls get directed to the head unit, the A2DP works great, and it's seamless to hand off calls and A2DP.

    The only problem is that the battery will drain faster then my Palm car Charger will charge the Pre. On a 30 min drive using A2DP and no phone call or GPS i lost 1% of the battery. Kinda strange...

    Tim
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

    Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

    Twittering about
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardoreal View Post
    Ford Sync '09 here. The Pre supports every feature, signal strength, bluetooth media streaming (even w/Sprint Radio..NIIICE!!), EXCEPT texting.

    What's really nice is that the Telenav app plays through the bluetooth stream as well, with Sprint radio playing as well. In fact the Pre ducks the music audio when the Telenav app speaks turn instructions.
    That Sprint Nav with Pandora over A2DP is a great setup. The 09 Ford is my favorite Pre Accessory! lol

    Tim
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

    Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

    Twittering about
  12. #32  
    Wow. I'm looking at the Pioneer 6100BT (too cheap for the 7100 @ $40 bucks more) for $200. That and a sub could make my year.

    What do you use for a microphone with the BT headunit? The phone? The HU?
  13. Septro's Avatar
    Posts
    35 Posts
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    #33  
    Two cars:

    BMW 335 - Bluetooth paired seemlessly. No problems. The phone contacts load directly to the car and are fully available. Call quality is reasonable but other callers can easily tell you are in a moving car.

    Acura MDX - Bluetooth pairing with no problems. Can not load the phonebook into the Acura INFO function. Acuralink can not send data out through the phone as well - but I may need to manually configure the communications. Call quality is great and sounds more like a conference phone situation rather than a wind-tunnel test.

    I don't attribute the call quality difference between the cars exclusively to the Pre but just the fact that one is a crotch-rocket and the other a family SUV.
  14. #34  
    Volvo C30: Connects perfectly and shows the signal. Phone book syncs and I am able to see the contacts in the car. Moments later the phone book in the car is empty.

    Not sure if the problem is my car or the phone.
  15. #35  
    My new Camaro has both the Handsfree and A2DP profiles. Unfortunately, I can't use both at the same time, but they do work great. I can stream Pandora straight to the car. Sound quality isn't as good as XM or straight from the Pre's local music storage, but not bad for streaming radio.
  16. giobatera's Avatar
    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    #36  
    I have a Pioneer Avic D3 and to pair the phone was easy as 1, 2,3, however, I CAN'T figure it out, how to transfer my contacts to the unit. Any help please
  17. #37  
    I have a 2008 Infiniti M35. The pairing with the Pre was simple just like with my previous treo. What I can't figure out is why the quality of the connection is so much worse than it was with the Treo. The Treo was perfect quality. Now it is very staticky(sp?) when I listen to others. It seems I sound fine to them.

    Any suggestions on how I may "tune this up?"
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by giobatera View Post
    I have a Pioneer Avic D3 and to pair the phone was easy as 1, 2,3, however, I CAN'T figure it out, how to transfer my contacts to the unit. Any help please
    If you tell me how to connect it with the D3, I'll help you sync phonebooks. I had my BB paired flawlessly with the D3 and it worked like a dream, but I can't get these two to play along at all. I almost had it at one point, but I think D3 was getting confused as to whether or not the phone was a music/A2DP source or cell phone. Now, all I get is Invalid Device.

    While I can't help you with the Pre until I get the darned things paired, the trick with my BB was to disconnect the two first. Then, just pressing the right sequence of buttons was enough. I had to time it to where the D3 wanted to transfer and initiate the connection from the phone (instead of boot-up auto-pair).

    If you can help me, I will personally call and walk you through it - that's how bad I want this working!!
  19. giobatera's Avatar
    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by eddieroger View Post
    If you tell me how to connect it with the D3, I'll help you sync phonebooks. I had my BB paired flawlessly with the D3 and it worked like a dream, but I can't get these two to play along at all. I almost had it at one point, but I think D3 was getting confused as to whether or not the phone was a music/A2DP source or cell phone. Now, all I get is Invalid Device.

    While I can't help you with the Pre until I get the darned things paired, the trick with my BB was to disconnect the two first. Then, just pressing the right sequence of buttons was enough. I had to time it to where the D3 wanted to transfer and initiate the connection from the phone (instead of boot-up auto-pair).

    If you can help me, I will personally call and walk you through it - that's how bad I want this working!!
    I also had a BB installed previously and it worked great. Now, for the Pre, all I did was turn on my BT on the phone, while inside the car. Serach for devices, it discovered my Pioneer BT, I hit connect, phone will ask you to enter the passcode, which should be 0000 (4 zeros). After that, just go to the pioneer setting, and register the phone. Once that's done, it should auto connect, every time you're in the car. Now, just to point it out, I was NOT able to play anything from the phone via A2DP either. I try to use PANDORA and no sound at all, even though it is connected.
    "you might wanna delete the BB from the pioneer registry first though"
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by gigaorg View Post
    I have an 05 bmw. The phonebook does synch.
    I have an 05 BMW as well. What model? I'm considering purchasing the Bluetooth module but as I understand it, there are different variations, some more updated than others.
    Neil
    Handspring Visor Deluxe > Treo 600 > Palm Pre > iPhone 4s & Touchpad 32gb
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions