1.    #1  
    I was wondering if the new Pre will be FULLY functional with Mercedes COMMAND? I currently have a Treo 700p and it works but I get NO phonebook in my car stereo, or some of the other bluetooth functions that other phones get with Mercedes. If this is fixed with the Pre, I'll wait for it to come out. Otherwise, whats the use of waiting for it, if I can't Fully use it in my car? I'll switch to Att and get an Iphone.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by caliking View Post
    I was wondering if the new Pre will be FULLY functional with Mercedes COMMAND? I currently have a Treo 700p and it works but I get NO phonebook in my car stereo, or some of the other bluetooth functions that other phones get with Mercedes. If this is fixed with the Pre, I'll wait for it to come out. Otherwise, whats the use of waiting for it, if I can't Fully use it in my car? I'll switch to Att and get an Iphone.
    Try this.

Set several phone speed dials on your 700p. On my 700p and my Mini Cooper bluetooth I get the first 10 speed dials transfered to the car.

My Mini Cooper system is made by BMW. You may find something similar on your Mercedes.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Use up all your speed dials (I think there are 100 of them) for your most often used contacts. That way at least all those speed dial contacts get transferred. I tested it with a 2008 C-Class and my aftermarket bluetooth for my 2002 C-Class.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks, I'm loading my "speed dials" now and will see if they load in my car at lunch. I appreciate the quick response and will let you know how I make out!
  5.    #5  
    No cigar! I checked it out at lunch. my "speed dials" didn't load into COMMAND head unit in car. I was able to dial the speed dials from the headset, they then immediately connected call with car. However, when I dial from handset ANY speed dial, COMMAND connects call but says Call Unknown, so it's not listed in Dialed #'s
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by caliking View Post
    No cigar! I checked it out at lunch. my "speed dials" didn't load into COMMAND head unit in car. I was able to dial the speed dials from the headset, they then immediately connected call with car. However, when I dial from handset ANY speed dial, COMMAND connects call but says Call Unknown, so it's not listed in Dialed #'s
    Gee, I thought I had it bad only transferring 10 speed dial numbers.

There are a number of protocols in the bluetooth handsfree connection. Seems like each phone/car combo has at least some that work.

Also check your manual and see if there are settings that you should set.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    To the original question: No, no one knows. No one here has even touched (or admits to having touched) a Pre, much less had the ability to test it with a Mercedes.

Anyone who HAS had the opportunity test the Pre is under an NDA and can't answer anyway.

Face it, we're all just going to have to wait.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Is there any spec on which BT profiles it supports?

I would love phonebook sync!
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    I paired my Pre with my '08 GL. Send/End works on the handset, the steering wheel buttons, and using COMAND, but none of the phonebook loads. Dialing works on both handset and COMAND keypad. Voice/call quality seems just as good as with my old Treo 680.
    Hi - I have a Mercedes ML350 with the Razr bluetooth connector - you can plug your Razr into the bluetooth receptacle to charge the phone and improve the signal. Works nicely with my Razr - uploads the phone book, recent calls, etc.

But I just bought a Palm Pre and I would like to be able to Bluetooth that to my ML350. Can you tell me what I need to buy to get it to work? Is is the Bluetooth Puck?

Thanks,

Lorane
    Did anyone ever figure this out? I have 05 E500 with Command and want to know if this works