Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Palm_Inc's Tweet:
    "@NM08SRT8 @park Touchstone and its required back cover will be available as a bundle or separately"
    It just occured to me...

It would be awesome if the Touchstone would serve as a charger for ALL PALM devices from now on...

In this case it would be a great investment!
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    It just occured to me...

It would be awesome if the Touchstone would serve as a charger for ALL PALM devices from now on...

In this case it would be a great investment!
    I imagine that is going to be the case, and why it's Touchstone and not "Palm PrPrPr&#$275$; $Wireless$ $Charger$" $and$ $the$ $reason$ $the$ $special$ $back$ $for$ $the$ $Pre$ $is$ $sold$ $separately$ ($though$ $supposedly$ $will$ $be$ $available$ $as$ $a$ $bundle$ $purchase$).
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    I want to know if you can use the puck thingy with a cigarette lighter so it would dual as a car charger. I remember hearing in one of the videos where the Palm Rep said that you can stick that thing on your dashboard...that would be awesome! Would love to get more details on that.
    I don't think the magnet is anywhere near strong enough to hold the phone while driving. You may be able to create something, even something as simple as converting a cup holder to a charger, but not simply dropping it on the dash. I would think a magnet strong enough to hold the phone on the charger while driving (let alone a Z28 ) would have negative effects on the phones memory.
    The effect of a magnet on a computer is wildly over rated. The Pre would be fine.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12