Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    I love the thumbpad (have a Treo 600, yes 600) but I can really fly when I touchtype. I haven't had an external keyboard since my ThinkOutside with my Visor (orange, yes orange) and I've been keeping my eye on the bluetooth versions.

I had just assumed that something similar was available for the iPhone but imagine my surprise when a cursory google search brought up only a few posts with frustrated iPhone users (one had misleadingly been named "Bluetooth keyboard for iPhone available!!!") and some news from January 2009 on a successful hack (iYAHM?) to render the iPhone compatible with such an accessory.

From what I've seen of past Palm models, the eventual development of a bluetooth keyboard is pretty much a no-brainer, right?
    Well, Linux supports it, and I can't imagine Palm specifically blocking the feature.
    I think that would be a really cool accessory, but honestly I doubt I'd use it much if any, especially if free tethering becomes available for the pre. I'm really quick on the Treo keyboard and for more serious typing, I'd probably want a full laptop anyways. If they came out with it and it was relatively cheap, I would probably get it though.
    I'm really hoping to use my RedFly with the Pre. Might take some time but that is the ultimate way to experience a smartphone
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    I purchased the Palm BT keyboard about 6 months ago when it was on sale. I use it for longer e-mails and I must say it is VERY handy to use. I made sure I could use it for either POS or WM before I purchased it. I sure hope the make a driver that will allow it to pair with the Pre. I must say that as I hear and read about the Pre, and knowing how great I have my 755 working, I'm not sure about changing.
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by slorandy View Post
    I purchased the Palm BT keyboard about 6 months ago when it was on sale. I use it for longer e-mails and I must say it is VERY handy to use. I made sure I could use it for either POS or WM before I purchased it. I sure hope the make a driver that will allow it to pair with the Pre. I must say that as I hear and read about the Pre, and knowing how great I have my 755 working, I'm not sure about changing.
    The Pre doesn't support the Palm BT keyboard out of the box.
    I do hope they come out with a driver.

Right now, that and (as of 1PM MDT on launch day) no apparent way to upgrade the Docs To Go viewer app to the full version to allow editing is making me reconsider getting one today.

-Rusty
    -Rusty
    Blackjack, Tilt; Treo 90, 270-680; Palm Vx, i705, T|T3, iQue 3200; Nokia N800, E71