Pardon if already covereded but I haven't seen it on a post or reviews. I know that this is a rhetoric question...

We know the Pre will have bluetooth, but there is no backward compatibility of software. Where does the Palm Bluetooth Keyboard fall? Will it be compatible because it uses bluetooth, or incompatible because the keyboard's software will not work with WebOS?
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mkpt View Post
    Pardon if already covereded but I haven't seen it on a post or reviews. I know that this is a rhetoric question...

We know the Pre will have bluetooth, but there is no backward compatibility of software. Where does the Palm Bluetooth Keyboard fall? Will it be compatible because it uses bluetooth, or incompatible because the keyboard's software will not work with WebOS?
    The Palm Bluetooth Keyboard (ThinkOutside) presents as a HID Compliant Bluetooth Keyboard in the event there is no OS-specific driver loaded on the host device. (For example, on my iPaq, it'll work but the soft-key buttons aren't enabled).

Unfortunately, during a test with a friendly and helpful (no, really!) rep at the Sprint store today, it appears that WebOS only recognizes audio-type (headset, car-kit, a2dp) bluetooth devices. It wouldn't detect my Palm Bluetooth keyboard although I'd set it into pairing mode.

-Rusty
    (That and I can't find a way to get the full version of Docs To Go for the Pre, to upgrade the OEM reader version -- either through the App Store client or the DataViz website. I am... displeased.)
    -Rusty
    Blackjack, Tilt; Treo 90, 270-680; Palm Vx, i705, T|T3, iQue 3200; Nokia N800, E71
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    i bought a key board only because it was 10,
    i wonder if there is a way to get the keyboard to work with webos, it would be really nice to be able to use with the pre, the keyboard is fast, but a real one would super nice for inputting a bunch of info.
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    hopefully this will come soon, i just got a bt palm keyboard on buy.com for $10
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    i received it, and it looks fantastic, its the real deal, i figured it was a knockoff of some sore, but its genuine palm branded, hopefully the driver will show up before too long.
    yeah, I dont think there is a way even with a rooted phone
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    unfortunately no, ive researched this at length, no word on if its even being considered. I hope so, power business users, and students alike, this could be a really nice accessory, i dont know how to get in touch with palm to see if its even going to be done, im sure eventually it will, someone will create an app or whatever. but for the time being my bt keyboard is going to have to be lonely.
    sucks....