Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By eblade
  1.    #2  
    I guess its really, officially, without a doubt, no more hope, no questions asked, over...the fat lady has finished her song.
    I'm not convinced the watch market is all that big of a deal anyway. Maybe in the future, but the current offerings are gimmicks, just not that useful, to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by homer14z View Post
    I guess its really, officially, without a doubt, no more hope, no questions asked, over...the fat lady has finished her song.
    I'm not fat (despite the urbane telling me I'm "obese" screw you watch,I'm only 40 lbs over), I ain't a lady, but I still sing.

Sent from my Touchpad using Tapatalk
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    T4H_KiserSose and petbull like this.
    Will LG abandon the idea of an WebOS based smartwatch since Android Wear will allow cellular connectivity???
  5.    #6  
    I would think so. The 2.0 is now on their web site. The LTE never was and the existing ones don't work in the US. I doubt they would launch another watch with a limited infrastructure so soon after launching the Android version and trying to get market share with that watch.
  6.    #7  
    There may be hope...if this is true android is NOT ready for LTE...maybe they will roll out the webOS version instead. been up and running for a year in Korea.

LG cancels the Watch Urbane 2nd Edition LTE
    Last edited by homer14z; 11/21/2015 at 02:02 PM.
    Yes, I was reading this one: LG cancels smartwatch after just six days on the market | Ars Technica UK

Which has some speculation that it might be to do with the watch being effectively unlocked, which wouldn't go down well with the carriers. However if it's some issue with Android wear, I suppose LG might have the choice of dumping all that product to landfill or... installing webOS!

But I suspect all our experiences with corporate culture suggest this won't happen.
  8.    #9  
    I don't get it. the urbane lte is still available on the Korean website. it must be doing at least ok there? why wouldn't they make a US version? they may have messed up the possibility of it being a success here with the failed launch of the urbane 2.0
    I think someone said something about the carriers didn't want it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10.    #11  
    ah..hadn't heard that one. maybe so. don't know why. Most people don't know/care about OS as long as it works with their phone.