Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #1  
    New Lg Genuine G Watch Urbane Silver/Black 3/4G LTE - International Model from Korea

As we know the LG Wearable platform is WebOS based.

The description:

Smart watches/watches/WebOS/Android/3.3 c m (1.3
    Mode Smart watch weight (g) 113.9 g 33.02 m m circular display P-OLED Display (320x320, 245PPI) Main specifications CPU Qualcomm® SnapdragonTM400, 1.2GHZ OS LG Wearable Platform Bluetooth BT4.0LE WI-FI 802.11 b/g/n+ Communications standard LTE Battery specification Capacity Long-Lasting Battery 700mAh Memory Memory 4GB RAM 1GB Camera Sensor 9-Axis (Gyoro, Accelerometer, Compass),PPG (Heart rate monitor), Barometer A-GPS/GNSS Add-on NFC support Straps Non-Changeable
    Not only it uses Wi-Fi networks

The price: $987.-

Someone bought one already and put a 5 starts review. Ships from Korea.

http://amzn.to/1FxtoPd

Wow. Really WebOS? I thought this was another Android Wear watch here in Europe ...

EDIT: yep, Android Wear ... http://www.wareable.com/lg/lg-watch-urbane-review

pps: seems, that the LTE version comes with WebOS. If only the LTE version and if there are LTE versions without WebOS, I cannot say...
    Last edited by Buddy1969; 06/23/2015 at 12:58 AM.
    War doesn't prove who's right, only who's left...
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy1969 View Post
    Wow. Really WebOS? I thought this was another Android Wear watch here in Europe ...

EDIT: yep, Android Wear ... LG Watch Urbane review

pps: seems, that the LTE version comes with WebOS. If only the LTE version and if there are LTE versions without WebOS, I cannot say...
    The naming is confusing because the regular LG Watch Urbane = Android Wear. Android Wear doesn't offer cellular connectivity (currently). So the Urbane LTE runs LG's Wearable Platform which is actually Open webOS as shown on the Audi watch at CES they just relabeled it

So the Urbane LTE only exists with LG Wearable platform which is some form of webOS and not with Android Wear
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Rnp likes this.
    Come on korean webOS lovers get one and tell us which big name apps are included or available via webOS app store? (and go into devmode to repackage some.... )

Rnp likes this.
    If you go to LG U+ in Korean website ( which I think is a mobile telecom company provider there) I found it there for the 590 US dollar price. I was so close to getting it. I had a coworker try and locate it for me but the issue was we didn't know exactly where to go until I found an article on where it went on sale first which was this LG U+ store. But then he and his family came back to the states and I missed the opportunity
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    ... Android Wear doesn't offer cellular connectivity (currently). So the Urbane LTE runs LG's Wearable Platform which is actually Open webOS as shown on the Audi watch at CES they just relabeled it

^^This

From what I have read, I take it that the SIM card is fix built into the watch, so you can't change it. Therefore you can't just buy the watch and use it with your mobile Provider. LG has to partner up with a Provider to make the watch available here....
    IMHO not the most wisest move.
    War doesn't prove who's right, only who's left...
    came to mexico?

Enviado desde mi MB860 mediante Tapatalk
  8.    #8  
    the price will drop down sometime on Amazon at least to $499.- or $449.- I hope and when it is ofifcial available in the USA
  9.    #9  
    These guys have made a full review of the watch yesterday: Watch Urbane LTE impressions: LG's little known WebOS experiment
    kayphoonstar likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by akitayo View Post
    These guys have made a full review of the watch yesterday: Watch Urbane LTE impressions: LG's little known WebOS experiment
    hhm seems to have the same probs as every webOS release: too laggy and nearly no app ecosystem (no major app names) and even worse on wearable webOS is that the ui usabilty seems to be bad (that was the main reason to use webos so far).

Let's see what others reviewers will write, as the verge wrote on their old first CES hands-on "It took me a few moments to get my bearings with the unfamiliar interface, but this whirlwind encounter with the world's first webOS smartwatch leads me to want more of them. Many more. ..... One thing's for sure: a few minutes with this watch have made me happier than weeks spent in the company of its Android Wear competitors. " Could that guy be so wrong?
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    $1000 really? No thanks.
    I myself am shocked at the price being that high. 300 dollars for shipping and profits? I couldn't justify that big a mark up to get one. I will take a chance and get it in Korea. Well unless they make an announcement here in the states any time soon
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Even at the local price it's too much. I'd start considering it at about $300. I love WebOS and want to see it come back, but that won't happen at with these kinds of prices. I got a nice Moto 360 for $130. $300 can get you a lot of watch. And yes, Apple is charging too much also, but in their position, that's not going to hurt them. LG/WebOS is not there yet.
    The price at Amazon peaked at 1540.00 ( amazon prime day special I bet ) and now its starting to come down
    whata bargain!
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    Maybe LG will take it as a hint that there is demand outside Korea...
    T5, Clié NZ90, Treo 650, Centro, Pre, Pre+, Pre 2, Pre 2, Nexus7@LuneOS
    Touched one of these at Best Buy yesterday.

Thing was really unresponsive. Idk if it was already broken or not but it turned me off real quick when it didn't seem to respond logically to screen taps.

Meh. Fashion gadget.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    Touched one of these at Best Buy yesterday.

Thing was really unresponsive. Idk if it was already broken or not but it turned me off real quick when it didn't seem to respond logically to screen taps.

Meh. Fashion gadget.
    You are referring to the Urbane model W150 correct?? I didn't think the LTE version was available yet in the US.
    Yes it had a single button, not three. Thanks for clarifying!
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    hey everybody interested in the LG urbane LTE. I am the first one that bought this off the Amazon website. I paid $937 at the time, then it went up to $987 and now $1450

gismo21 was asking to go into dev mode and repackage some apps.

I have downloaded the SDK form LD website but I do not have an emulator or player.
    My PC sees it as an USB device and I can easily drag and drop files.

Please tell me or PM detailed instructions in how to obtain what we need to start building and testing apps on this device.

I dont know about the second buyer from arabia but my device only shows 8 digits for ICCID (SIM card number)
    Pilotovef likes this.
    so I opened the LG urbane LTE looking for SIM slot but no luck. I wrote a couple of number sequences that i saw but probably nothing to activate in the US. I was a little scared that it would not boot up again but it did
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast