Like Tree8Likes
  • 3 Post By inspire_tek
  • 1 Post By briest
  • 4 Post By fatclue_98
  1.    #1  
    Any news on when we would see new hardware come out for Palm? Did they confirm if the new devices will indeed run webOS?

I saw the announcement during MWC but I haven't been able to find any further news or rumours online.
    [QUOTE=inspire_tek;3436618]Any news on when we would see new hardware come out for Palm? Did they confirm if the new devices will indeed run webOS?

I saw the announcement during MWC but I haven't been able to find any further news or rumours online.[/

searches pivotCe there is the article on palm (Alcatel)
  3.    #4  
    "We are open to all ideas, but probably not webOS," said Guo. "Palm built by Palm fans is the intent."
    I'm pretty sure 99% of Palm fans are fans of webOS........I can't seriously think that anyone is still interested in the Palm OS of the Palm Pilot days!
    boovish, xandros9 and dmlis like this.
    The smart watch on their web site looks interesting. They are definitely producing stuff. It will be interesting to see what else comes out.

But I don't understand why only WE are interested in the pebble shape and webOS. It's not like the Edsel. That car WAS ugly.

I really wish we could buy an LTE module, build an up to date meta doctor and new browser, and then I'd just keep using Pre2s.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inspire_tek View Post
    I can't seriously think that anyone is still interested in the Palm OS of the Palm Pilot days!
    I'm interested in PalmOS of the Treo/Tungsten days Honestly, while I won't replace my Pre with these slightly older marvels, I still long for unrivaled PIM, graffiti input and snappiness.
    T5, CliƩ NZ90, Treo 650, Centro, Pre, Pre+, Pre 2, Pre 2, Pre2, Nexus7@LuneOS
    dmlis likes this.
    I have a Treo 680 I pop a SIM in every once in a while. Works fine. Can't receive picture messages though. That keeps me from using it extensively.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    I read sone where it would be android based.
    Quote Originally Posted by inspire_tek View Post
    I'm pretty sure 99% of Palm fans are fans of webOS........I can't seriously think that anyone is still interested in the Palm OS of the Palm Pilot days!
    I use a T/X on a daily basis. No one has yet to make a calendar half as good as PalmOS. I use my T/X as my note pad since nothing else comes close to Graffiti. I wouldn't mind a Treo 700p with LTE and WiFi.
    Look, things just got interesting again! Nokia buys Alcatel.
    Does that mean we could have a Palm device running Meego? Lol...you can't make this stuff up!

Nokia agrees to buy Alcatel-Lucent for $16.6 billion | The Verge
    Quote Originally Posted by Lispy View Post
    Does that mean we could have a Palm device running Meego? Lol...you can't make this stuff up!

No, because Nokia buys the network equipment part. The mobile phones with an Alcatel brand are actually produced by TCL.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Oh. Yeah, I just read that, too.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I think Swype is better. There is.was a Graffiti for Android and I tried the side by side. I find Swype faster.

Quote Originally Posted by fatclue_98 View Post
    I use a T/X on a daily basis. No one has yet to make a calendar half as good as PalmOS. I use my T/X as my note pad since nothing else comes close to Graffiti. I wouldn't mind a Treo 700p with LTE and WiFi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lispy View Post

As the "IoT" craze develops, I can only hope HP execs are suffering the worst heartburn, for prematurely abandoning one of the best potential platforms for it. They could have been so far ahead of the curve if they were developing the "webOS toasters" we used to joke about.

Burn in hell, fools! Bwahahaha!
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
  14.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    As the "IoT" craze develops, I can only hope HP execs are suffering the worst heartburn, for prematurely abandoning one of the best potential platforms for it. They could have been so far ahead of the curve if they were developing the "webOS toasters" we used to joke about.

Burn in hell, fools! Bwahahaha!
    I second that as a voice that was once part of that organization - couldn't believe the hype going from "we're gonna keep investing because we know we need to be in mobile" to "oh yea, we're out because we need to look good in front of investors".
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Nokia phone running PalmOS? Meego phones running PalmOS apps? Gotta go. My mind is too boggled...
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    Don't know about Meego, but there were attempts to bring PalmOS emulation to Maemo, with POSE and Garnet VM. For what I know both got to "working, but slow and buggy" state.
    T5, CliƩ NZ90, Treo 650, Centro, Pre, Pre+, Pre 2, Pre 2, Pre2, Nexus7@LuneOS
  17.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    I have a Treo 680 I pop a SIM in every once in a while. Works fine. Can't receive picture messages though. That keeps me from using it extensively.
    I loved the 680 form factor! Was my favorite (Palm OS) Treo back in the day!