Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree25Likes
    Hey, LG, remember WebOS featured a cool inductive charging solution that has the same diameter than a LTE... Its is very 2009, but still cool. We have plenty of touchstones here, so why don't you make a good use of these orphins accessories...

As a cherry on the cake (French image) you could even have a nitty exhibition mode runnin' on it.
    Do we really need tons of apps on a smartwatch with a screen smaller than that of the Veer's?

I think Urbane LTE's advantages include its being easier to use, its appearance--it looks like a real watch--and its more advanced features.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    TJs11thPre and petbull like this.
    Do we really need tons of apps on a smartwatch with a screen smaller than that of the Veer's?

I think Urbane LTE's advantages include its being easier to use, its appearance--it looks like a real watch--and its more advanced features.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using [i]Forums
    I don't care about apps. Even if I'd have them I'd probably use a handful only. I need a Twitter client, something for my forums needs, some IM including WhatsApp and WeChat, a proper browser and something for workout tracking. For other apps I really don't care too much. And that's on a phone or tablet. On a watch I could do with what LG has currently.

-- Sent from my TouchPad Go using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    petbull likes this.
    We all know that the best phone in its time died lacking an ecosystem because a wide array of apps allows high selling volumes...
    I could surely still use my Pres or Veers to place calls, or even my Treos... I kept them as clocks resting on their touchstones at home and use everyday a boring 6 plus that does all well

A smartwatch should ease commuting, helping handful quick glances on the next appointment , warning when you're running late. Without apps, you can have all the sensors and antennas with their basic programs doing what they are supposed to do but not lasting for long on your wrist...

It's not about having 15 or even 10 apps in a tiny device, it's about having the good ones for each use (agenda, evernote, pedestrian gps, fitness exercises tracker) not excel or youtube; the big names working seamlessly with a bigger screen, wheteher ANdroid or iPhone, in light version, simple and written for a round tiny screen.
    Last edited by Wayenberg; 03/15/2015 at 02:06 PM.
    a browser would be nice. But what I really
    need is webos telephony and sms on
    my wrist
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    LG's Watch Urbane LTE will soon be available in South Korea for $590

LG is releasing the Watch Urbane LTE in South Korea within the next few days, which means we now have an idea how much one will cost. Turns out the fancy mobile internet-connected smartwatch is priced at 650,000 won or $590 on LG's home turf. That's comparable to the regular Apple Watch, which will set you back at least $549, though the price could still be different when the device arrives stateside. As you might know, the smartwatch has its own SIM card and can make voice calls even without a phone. It can connect to a smartphone via Bluetooth, though, provided it runs Android KitKat or later.
    They have Chinese watches on fleabay that make calls now for under $100. it's not LTE but come on, it's still a wrist's worth of plastic and micro chips. The hype they trumpet over these top tier watches is all propaganda to justify that price tag in first world markets. Not interested in any >$500 device unless i can sit on it and ride around.

Out of all these teaser headlines we have heard lately, I was hoping that Alcatel mention was going to produce a moderate priced android portrait slider I could use on Sprint LTE. All these mobile comm companies can pound salt. Not one of them is producing a product for ME.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    The LG Watch Urbane LTE can make and receive calls, send and accept text messages, make push-to-talk calls with other phone over the same network and also make mobile payments through near-field communication.

The new smartwatch comes with its own universal SIM card; resultantly phone calls run over a 4G LTE network.

The LG Urbane LTE features include the choice to use it like a walkie-talkie, NFC payment capability, speech translator and GPS location sharing.

Not a word yet about when LG will sell it in other countries.

The Price ot the smartwatch is 650.000 Korean WONS (US$589.-)

Specifications:

Network LTE
    Chipset 400 1.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor
    Display 1.3 inches plastic OLED (320 * 320, 245ppi)
    Memory 1GB LPDDR3 / 4GB eMMC
    Sensors 9-axis (gyro / acceleration / compass), barometric pressure sensor, heart rate sensor, GPS
    Waterproof and dustproof IP67 certified
    Battery 700mAh
    Connectivity Wi-Fi (802.11 b, g, n)
    Bluetooth 4.0LE
    NFC
    Colors Silver
    Guitar Speaker, microphone
    Price ₩ 650,000

The official LG news South Korea launch is on LG Korean site with more information:

LG*„ž, €˜LG ›Œ˜ –*인 LTE€™ *‚ œ‹œ | Social LG*„ž

Note: The Korean mobile govermment board has classified the standalone watches as mobiles in order to help LG and Samsung to be exonerated of custom taxes.

In simple words the Urbane LTE is like any other phone but on your wrist. Maybe that is why the price of $589.- that includes above mentioned features.
    Last edited by akitayo; 05/18/2015 at 03:20 PM.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    They have Chinese watches on fleabay that make calls now for under $100. it's not LTE but come on, it's still a wrist's worth of plastic and micro chips. The hype they trumpet over these top tier watches is all propaganda to justify that price tag in first world markets. Not interested in any >$500 device unless i can sit on it and ride around.

Out of all these teaser headlines we have heard lately, I was hoping that Alcatel mention was going to produce a moderate priced android portrait slider I could use on Sprint LTE. All these mobile comm companies can pound salt. Not one of them is producing a product for ME.
    If LG put out the Urbane regular with the 3 buttons of the LTE, and also put the webos software, i would pay $299/$349 for it, maybe even 399, because i do love my $100 pebble, but to have something so pretty as the regular urbane and so awesome (the great navigation using 3 buttons) and what looks like awesome software, i would happily pay the premium.

But $500, since i don't need a phone watch, wouldn't make sense, i have no need for a phone watch.
    Last edited by paisley99; 03/29/2015 at 03:45 PM.
    Does anyone have an Urbane smartwatch yet? Really tempted to get one but the price point is really driving me away
    haven't been able to find anything about sales or US release date..
    Quote Originally Posted by homer14z View Post
    haven't been able to find anything about sales or US release date..

Same here... Been looking and searching before I head home on vacation from KSA.
    thought I would have a better opportunity here to get one from Korea because some coworkers live there but ... nope.. a little more difficult to acquire :/
    Quote Originally Posted by T4H_KiserSose View Post
    Same here... Been looking and searching before I head home on vacation from KSA.
    thought I would have a better opportunity here to get one from Korea because some coworkers live there but ... nope.. a little more difficult to acquire :/
    No news yet about the LG Urbane LTE webOS based smartwatch availality for the West. The device is expected to be launched or just announced at CES 2016 or early 2016 as it was announced by LG before. That means availability for the America continent inhabitants (North, Center and South) .

The before press release about the device detailed here: LG Newsroom with LG Wearable Platform webOS based.

I don`t know if LG will finally use that name as LG Wearable Platform instead LG WebOS or will keep the WebOS ID at CES 2016.
    Quote Originally Posted by akitayo View Post
    No news yet about the LG Urbane LTE webOS based smartwatch availality for the West. The device is expected to be launched or just announced at CES 2016 or early 2016 as it was announced by LG before. That means availability for the America continent inhabitants (North, Center and South) .

The before press release about the device detailed here: LG Newsroom with LG Wearable Platform webOS based.

I don`t know if LG will finally use that name as LG Wearable Platform instead LG WebOS or will keep the WebOS ID at CES 2016.
    That's surprising considering all the review units have already been put through the paces - you would expect a launch shortly to capture on the noise. At the rate smartwatches are coming, all the buzz will have moved on to a new device before this gets launched!
    Quote Originally Posted by inspire_tek View Post
    That's surprising considering all the review units have already been put through the paces - you would expect a launch shortly to capture on the noise. At the rate smartwatches are coming, all the buzz will have moved on to a new device before this gets launched!
    There are so many possibilties why you said is not happening:

LG had an Urbane Android Wear on the pipeline before the LTE version

LG is waiting to sell the Urbane Android Wear device first keeping it on the market for a while

Maybe the LG Urbane LTE version is not that ready for a prime launch yet

Who knows
    I thought that the LTE was already sold in South Korea without any planned exporting
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayenberg View Post
    I thought that the LTE was already sold in South Korea without any planned exporting
    That is what everyone thought about it but was just presented at MWC 2015

https://translate.google.com.ec/tran...%2F&edit-text=

http://www.lgnewsroom.com/newsroom/contents/65121
    i think it has more to do with LG making the glass for the apple products.. much more money in that than in their own watch being successful..
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234