Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes
  1.    #1  
    According to The Verge it's coming!

LG is working on a webOS SmartWatch | The Verge

**Mod edit: Also posted on our sister site: http://www.connectedly.com/lg-report...bos-early-2016
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 01/07/2015 at 03:47 PM.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    ah! you bet me to Herrie
    But will it work with webOS phones or just Android & iOS?
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
    LG took it off. Irony, they will release webOS on everything except phones and tablets.
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    But will it work with webOS phones or just Android & iOS?
    Quote Originally Posted by chalx View Post
    LG took it off. Irony, they will release webOS on everything except phones and tablets.
    IMHO it might work with all mobile OS devices as possible. Sure LG is testing some WebOS smartphones and maybe tablets to sync and connect with the WebOS smartwatch. Ready for CES 2015 ? Will see.

After all everyone have copied already most of WebOS features and services and can at this time be compatible with some kind of kudos twirks made by developers. now as LG say WebOS is a Web-Centric Platform and always was.

I hope, in that way LG might pick more consumer that were WebOS Pre users and now have other brands but miss WebOS (Palm) like everyone here.

Notice:
    LG have pulled out the site LG Developers WebOS Smartwatch after the news went out around the tech bloggers sites on the web. However on the Google cache of the site link bekow , shows a Sept 2, 2014 date and some people are saying LG might pulled it out because there are no WebOS developers on LG anymore and maybe this project is not coming to see the day light. That is a rumor.So take it with a grain of salt.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&hl=en&ct=clnk

Have you developers any news about this issue Thanks?
    Last edited by akitayo; 10/02/2014 at 11:33 AM.
    Hey LG, if you put this out there, I will buy it.

For the past 3 years we've been saying HP, then Gram and now LG should give mobile webOS another chance....and although I'd much rather a phone or a tablet I'm definitely willing to throw $200 to $300 at a webOS smartwatch in the hope it will lead to phones/tablets coming back.

Anybody else thinking the same way?
    When I got the Moto360, my first thought after playing with it was that webOS would flourish on this design too. Android is OK on the watch, but a card interface would work so much better! The current Android Wear OS has you constantly swiping screen to screen to get anywhere. Being able to minimize to cards to move around to the things you want would be awesome!!
    I'd love to see a watch with its own Sim (as Samsung did with the the Gear S under Tizen) running under WebOs - but there's so much development for an Os dead in the water since 4 years that I do not expect more news.

Peeble got the WebOs UI guys lately... Maybe their relooking of this well-selling watch will be inspired by cards, multitasking and so on; but I'm afraid it won't be the real thing neither.

But I still hope I'm wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by akitayo View Post
    After all everyone have copied already most of WebOS features and services and can at this time be compatible with some kind of kudos twirks made by developers. now as LG say WebOS is a Web-Centric Platform and always was.
    WebOS features may have been copied (somewhat), but those "copies" still lack the intuitiveness and simplicity that is webOS. Even with an out-of-date Web Browser, and some lag issues (that could be corrected with a little effort) I still find my Touchpad as my go-to device for email, calendar, synergy, and such.

Personally, I prefer my Touchpad to the ipad - nuts as that may sound. Probably a biased perspective, as I feel Apple has become what Microsoft was in the earlier days - the Bully on the street. Too much hype and bling bling.

frank-barnett and MAMISHO like this.
    LG Smart Watch could also be tv related if you think about it.
    Global Posts
    385 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    It would be pretty neat if you could control things like volume and playback via the watch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Choorp View Post
    It would be pretty neat if you could control things like volume and playback via the watch.
    Voice control ... ala D ick Tracy

>

Ha Ha ... Forum wouldn't let me post D I C K .

I hope that it's compatible with iOS and Android
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
    the LG smartwatch pictures banners that were on the site:

MAMISHO likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Yes, I find that knowing what time it is saves me from having to record/stream/buy/miss my favourite TV shows.

I got this idea from an episode of Dr Who where he used a retro-styled, but futuristic, 'Time Watch' to discover what time it was so he could calculate his travel to that point in time and catch stuff - like that episode of 'Jeopardy!' with Dalek contestants (it didn't end well - "Exterminate!" isn't a question).

Of course, If you are not near a TV, a watch-based, 'record' button might be handy, but until LG can crack the whole, 'telling-the-time' hurdle, it will be useless!

But maybe I've misunderstood LG's 'watch' concept and in the future we will all be wearing 40+" screens so we never have to miss TV in 4K 3D - no recording necessary, but you might still need some kind of time function to reschedule other things like work and family life.

While I'm here, I have an OT, but time-based gripe on other webOS devices: How come my supposedly 'dumb' nokia can boot up and display the correct time and my webOS phone can't? I actually have an app to sync the clock! Why? It's using internet time or something - if a dumb phone can get the time from the mobile network, why not a smartphone?
    Last edited by Preemptive; 10/02/2014 at 11:52 PM.
    I know in the initial generation of digital cell systems, CDMA systems transmit the tower time extremely frequently (possibly even every packet exchange) so a CDMA digital phone is pretty much -always- accurate. TDMA/GSM's first generation, I believe either did not send the clock, or it was sent quite rarely, so depending on the cell system to provide time for non-CDMA systems was a non-starter, at least for the first generation. I have -no- idea what happened to the protocols after that (I fell out of the phone business shortly after 2G digital became a thing), though I expect that everyone finally does actually transmit a time on the network.. now. Like 10 years later.

On the other hand, Nokia's built in clocks could keep accurate time within minutes, even on a phone that hadn't been powered in weeks or months. Until Nokia tried to make their own CDMA chips without paying Qualcomm's license fees, virtually everything they ever shipped hardware wise was absolutely top-notch.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Preemptive and Rnp like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by boovish View Post
    I hope that it's compatible with iOS and Android
    As far as I read it from some german webpages, the thing might be workling on its own, having 3G on board. So you might not need a smartphone for it.

LG arbeitet an einer neuen Smartwatch mit webOS | Mobilegeeks.de | Apps/Software, Wearables

Bei LG läuft was mit Smartwatch und WebOS | heise online

LG arbeitet an einer Smartwatch mit webOS - Engadget Deutschland
    War doesn't prove who's right, only who's left...
    MartinH@webos likes this.
    a watch will continue a telephone ??

Enviado desde mi MB860 usando Tapatalk 2
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua764 View Post
    a watch will continue a telephone ??
    A watch will continue an OS.

IMHO... The more things they use it and work with it on, the more alive it stays and the higher the eventual chance of getting it back onto phones and tablets.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast