Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By eblade
  • 1 Post By Preemptive
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    It has been discussed before, in several threads, but it is now also in the media:

A modest proposal for an HP smartwatch | Pocketnow

What do you guys think, would it work and would it sell?
    Personally i dont like the squarish form factor, im saving my money for a round Moto360, which i think is much prettier to look at and more traditional watch-like.

And should it run on an 'oldschool version' of webOS like the render (probably 2.2.4), or should it be a new version like LG's webOS?

Or maybe LuneOS!?
    I'll just strap a veer to my arm.

My question is, could Hp use webOS if they even wanted to? What rights were sold to LG vs what did HP keep a retainer on?

I'd crap my pants if they tried to do a rerelease.
    If someone comes up with a wrist-watch-band for a Veer, I'll buy one off you. I'll pay you to design and make it even.

I think HP is more likely to do something involving Enyo and some other system than to use webOS as a whole. They'd have to hire a whole new webOS team, wouldn't that be funny, though?
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    TJs11thPre likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    If someone comes up with a wrist-watch-band for a Veer, I'll buy one off you. I'll pay you to design and make it even.

I think HP is more likely to do something involving Enyo and some other system than to use webOS as a whole. They'd have to hire a whole new webOS team, wouldn't that be funny, though?
    Actually a veer wristband could be quite easy.

Because the back cover is not intended to come off routinely, you could pop it off once, drill a couple holes through it, then stitch it to a leather band or even better, a typical wrist sweatband. (Black or white!)
    If you stitched it tight it shouldn't wiggle around. It would sacrifice camera. Possibly muffle speaker. But should slide open easy.

I could whip that up in an hour.

I bet you're putting a wristband on and balancing your veer on top of it now for visual...hehe

Update: aw crap....touchstone! Hmmm ill rethink it! I wonder if it would charge through fabric?
    Last edited by TJs11thPre; 08/18/2014 at 04:51 PM. Reason: D'oh!
    HP wearables?
    Yes, entirely possible.
    And yes, very probably entirely ambarassing again...
    Why?
    Because again, they are doing too little, too late. Always behind the trend. Always in the wake of the others.

Such a sorry company.
    War doesn't prove who's right, only who's left...
    Yes, I'd expect Enyo on Android - or maybe they will just do the full Android Wear experience. It would take some bravado for HP to use webOS again. They would get... comments. ;-)

However if there's a reason why it's the best solution for a watch, go ahead and blame Leo for what happened in the past... ;-)
    joshua764 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    Actually a veer wristband could be quite easy.

Because the back cover is not intended to come off routinely, you could pop it off once, drill a couple holes through it, then stitch it to a leather band or even better, a typical wrist sweatband. (Black or white!)
    If you stitched it tight it shouldn't wiggle around. It would sacrifice camera. Possibly muffle speaker. But should slide open easy.

I could whip that up in an hour.

I bet you're putting a wristband on and balancing your veer on top of it now for visual...hehe

Update: aw crap....touchstone! Hmmm ill rethink it! I wonder if it would charge through fabric?
    I would love to see this! I think an on screen keyboard would be better, I can't see typing on the Veer slid open on my arm.
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
    I hope it's a curved veer without the keyboard WP_20140312_21_11_18_Pro.jpg
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
    Wait a minute.

Is the Pebble an Hp product?

If not then this is a somewhat confusing me article.
    The Pebble is made by Pebble.

That new models might run webOS is purely speculation based on the hiring of 2 webOS designers away from LG.
    OK now i see the link in the article which jumps to the story associated with hp, and its round watch rumor. Zzz