• 2 Post By Herrie
  • 2 Post By HelloNNNewman
  • 2 Post By HelloNNNewman
  • 2 Post By Saijin_Naib
  • 1 Post By HelloNNNewman
  • 1 Post By Saijin_Naib
  • 1 Post By boovish
  1.    #1  
    Saw this on engadget this morning. Take a look at HP's luxury smartwatch hopefully the .001% chance that it will have a webOS based operating system comes true
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
    Rnp likes this.
    Sources said it doesn't run Android Gear, so webOS could be a candidate Just dreaming....
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    boovish and Rnp like this.
    LOL.. I posted it over on Connectedly from a different source too. I don't care how nice it looks, HP would never get my ca$h again.

Wouldn't HP just be better off buying an already established smartwatch company like Pebble... and then shutting them down, crashing them and dumping everything a couple of months after releasing the new watch? Hmmm.... sounds feasible.
    boovish and ananimus like this.
    HP only buys and destroys companies that are innovative and changing the marketplace for the better in drastic ways.

Pebble isn't quite there yet. Soon, maybe.
    I'm pretty sure Pebble counts as that since they are the company who started the whole smartwatch platform. That's innovative enough to make my joke count.
    Rnp and Saijin_Naib like this.
    I always thought it was Fossil & Microsoft
    HelloNNNewman and Rnp like this.
    Hmm... I always thought the whole "modern smartwatch" thing was kicked off with Pebble's Kickstarter campaign. When they got their funding and released the watch - that's when all the other companies jumped into the water and started copying the concept. I wonder who actually does get credit for the whole platform now....<head scratch> I'm not talking about going back to '82 with Seiko's watches... but the "modern" smartwatch that syncs with a phone. I thought Pebble started that market up with their Kickstarter watch.
    didn't someone a few days back post an article about a PalmOS smartwatch?
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    I didn't see that post. Hmm, I didn't realize/remember that the Fossil watch was PalmOS. Now I see why Saijin_Naib was mentioning the Fossil watch

Like someone said on the CY forum... probably better to just wait for the firesale pricing.
    boovish likes this.
    I'm imagining how sneaky Hp would be secretly developing a webOS based smart watch.
    You're absolutely right Nnewman, the Pebble really kicked off this generation of the Smart Watch for sure.

Much like previous generations, I'm not entirely sold on the concept. My principle issue is that there is no standard/open API for the Smart Watch platform to prevent fragmentation or certain phones being left behind, etc.

It just seems silly to me until those issues are sorted. Maybe BlueTooth needs some new profiles for remote device management/display that'll power smartwatches and be a reliable open standard.

I'm probably being naive though :C
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by boovish View Post
    Saw this on engadget this morning. Take a look at HP's luxury smartwatch hopefully the .001% chance that it will have a webOS based operating system comes true
    Article says that it will be Android AND IOS compatible but not be tied to Android Wear?
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by mmgquiet View Post
    Article says that it will be Android AND IOS compatible but not be tied to Android Wear?
    Yes, HP is going for a design focused smart watch, rather than a software based one
    Knowing HP, it will be something like this: (Source Lizenzfrei nutzbare Bilder von der Bildagentur 123RF kaufen)
    War doesn't prove who's right, only who's left...
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I didn't see that post. Hmm, I didn't realize/remember that the Fossil watch was PalmOS. Now I see why Saijin_Naib was mentioning the Fossil watch

Like someone said on the CY forum... probably better to just wait for the firesale pricing.
    I saw one of the fossil watches. WHY ARE THEY SO EXPENSIVE I WANT ONE
    HelloNNNewman likes this.