Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By boovish
  1.    #1  
    I got bored, so I drew this. It's just an idea if LG wanted to just push out a new webOS device with the current 2.2.4 OS after a little modification so that it could be used on a smart watch. Only now have I realized that I forgot to write a bunch of words in the description. The display is about 1.6 inches, and an A7 like processor licensed from Apple, mainly for the battery saving abilities.

WP_20140312_21_11_18_Pro.jpg
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
    Actually I can really imagine it. Like a closed veer on a wristband. Cute. But definetly won't have that UI when it comes from LG. It would rather feature the new look known from the TVs. Nevertheless I think that having the gesture area on the watch makes a lot of sense and would be fun to use. Hehe, where this would have taken us? We'll never know...
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lispy View Post
    Actually I can really imagine it. Like a closed veer on a wristband. Cute. But definetly won't have that UI when it comes from LG. It would rather feature the new look known from the TVs. Nevertheless I think that having the gesture area on the watch makes a lot of sense and would be fun to use. Hehe, where this would have taken us? We'll never know...
    They probably could have worked over webOS 3.0.5 that was meant for the windsornot. But the TV UI is meant for a MUCH bigger display.
    the specs on the samsung smart watch that i looked at a while back basically looked as if it were a veer in size, just add a wristband.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    I've actually been really really wanting to put Open webOS on this: SmartQ-Z Watch

It is sort of a (hopeful) spare time project. But, I am not sure if there are any needed source files. Need to see if I can get those.

EDIT: And some people on the XDA forums talked about adding a larger bettery. Might be pretty doable. I wonder if it is possible to mod the case, as well!
    Last edited by dkirker; 03/13/2014 at 05:31 PM.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
  6.    #6  
    That's a nice looking watch. I hope Open webOS can be put on it.