Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By gizmo21
  • 1 Post By Preemptive
  • 3 Post By TJs11thPre
  • 1 Post By p41m3r
  1.    #1  
    https://twitter.com/philmckinney/sta...56639822254080

LG Next-Generation TVs: 4K Ultra HDs, 77-Inch Ultra HD OLED And WebOS TVs To Compete With Samsung

[Update] oops sorry old news - just saw it "on top" of webosinternals twitter, but hey not too many tweeds about webos lately so october is "top news"
    Rnp likes this.
    Hummm... Imagine 4k in LG Optimus G2 & runing webOS... Bye, (C)Retina Display... :P

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Despite the fact that this is "old" news, I still can't wait to see more WebOS-powered devices on the market. It's such a beautiful OS

...still can't afford any of this sh*t
    HP Veer Unlocked Wifi/3G 8GB - WebOS 2.1.1 & Unlocked Samsung Galaxy Nexus (maguro) - CM 10.2.1
    WebOS developers are awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    https://twitter.com/philmckinney/sta...56639822254080

LG Next-Generation TVs: 4K Ultra HDs, 77-Inch Ultra HD OLED And WebOS TVs To Compete With Samsung

[Update] oops sorry old news - just saw it "on top" of webosinternals twitter, but hey not too many tweeds about webos lately so october is "top news"
    8k TVs is where its at now. All the Smart Tv manufacturers won't be able to compete with my 301" 8k Smart TV
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
    Hmmm...

That's a lot of bandwidth!

Has anyone even got 4K yet?

8K is Ok, but the 22.2 surround sound is what sells it. ;-)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_hi_vision
    Buddy1969 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Hmmm...

That's a lot of bandwidth!

Has anyone even got 4K yet?

8K is Ok, but the 22.2 surround sound is what sells it. ;-)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_hi_vision
    hehehe ... yeah, and all of that on a 500" screen, he?

love it
    War doesn't prove who's right, only who's left...
    the press release hack deserves a kick in the

"failed" operating system? what exactly "failed"? it's working just fine on my phone right now, and has been for years.

"abandoned" , "retired", or "sold off" are the only appropriate words in this context.

the only thing that "failed" was HP mgmt.
    LG TVs Phone Home with TV, Browsing & Video Filenames and You Can't Disabl DoctorBeet's Blog: LG Smart TVs logging USB filenames and viewing info to LG servers (http://bit.ly/1fRy20n)

Thought I just leave this here. Somewhat unrelated and it looks like is LG might turn webOS into something security experts will hate, considering it is the future LG Smart TV...
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    LG TVs Phone Home with TV, Browsing & Video Filenames and You Can't Disabl DoctorBeet's Blog: LG Smart TVs logging USB filenames and viewing info to LG servers (http://bit.ly/1fRy20n)

Thought I just leave this here. Somewhat unrelated and it looks like is LG might turn webOS into something security experts will hate, considering it is the future LG Smart TV...
    wow, creepy. I assume apple, amazon, netflix, and roku can track whatever you access via their device, service--but they can't track what you do on other boxes, other services--the LG "smart tv" seems to take this way beyond. Interesting to see if UK privacy act will kick in here.
  10.    #10  
    hhm first updates for vKeyboard in the advent of webOSTV. Seems the old vkeyboard is disabled in favor of "netcast system keyboard":

::: LG Developer :::

For the 2014 model year LG Smart TVs, they are designed to use the System Keyboard not creating the Virtual Keyboard Object (lgKb) even when using the Virtual Keyboard Library. In this regard, please check for sure if the lgKb object has been created first and then use the Keyboard API.
    If you do not update to the latest Virtual Keyboard Library, you may not use a few features such as STT, HID Keyboard and etc. from the LG Smart TVs of 2014 model year or later.

It is strongly recommended that you update to the Virtual Keyboard Library as it just needs update with no code modifications of an app.
    So perhaps webOSTV can use speech to text (STT) and be able to use "our" HP BT Keyboard (HID)

LCD TV LABORATORY, LG ELECTRONICS INC., SEOUL, KOREA
    Copyright(c) 2010 by LG Electronics Inc.

All rights reserved. Only for LG Smart TV Applications, Parts of this work can be reproduced,
    stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted by any means without prior written permission of LG Electronics Inc.
    */

(function(){
    var userAgent = new String(navigator.userAgent);
    var webOSTV = ((userAgent.search(/LG Browser/i) != -1) && (userAgent.search(/webOS.TV/i) != -1))? true : false;

if(webOSTV)
    {
    window.NetCastSystemKeyboardVisible(true);
    }
    else
    {
    window.lgKb = {
    isInitialized :
    function ()
    {
    return false;
    },
    setInitEventHandler : // set initialized event handler
    function(initEventHandler)
    {
    lgKb.onInitialized = initEventHandler;
    }
    };

var head = document.getElementsByTagName('HEAD')[0];
    var mainSrc = document.getElementById("mainVKScript").src.replace("LgVKeyboard.jsjsjs&$quot$;, &$quot$;$LgVKeyboardMain$.$js$&$quot$;);

var script = document.createElement('script');
    script.setAttribute("id", "mainVKScript");
    script.setAttribute("type", "text/javascript");
    script.setAttribute("src", mainSrc);
    head.appendChild(script);
    }
    })();
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    You guys got it wrong about TV.

The future of TV is
    ]
    Let's go LG, be not like HP.

Qualcom 2700 > Touchpoint Dual Band> Samsung n400> Treo 650> Treo 800w> LG Optimus S> Pre > Franken Pre 2 > Moto X
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post

It's pretty much S.O.P. in the digital age...
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Well... Install Preware in TV and Max Block!

#okIstopped

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    Well... Install Preware in TV and Max Block!

#okIstopped

Best Regards...
    The future for homebrew?

Like this?

hummy.tv Wiki
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    It's pretty much S.O.P. in the digital age...
    Maybe, but SOP is often a function of what end users are willing to accept, to which I say, we should append that open letter to LG.
    TJs11thPre likes this.
  16.    #17  
    LG acknowlegdes transfering peronal data unencrypted to lg-servers:

Google ▄bersetzer

A long way to go LG...
    Hopefully fixing their PRPRPR $before$ $the$ $webOS$ $one$'$s$ $are$ $released$ $in$ $2014$...

BBC News - LG promises update for 'spying' smart TV