• 7 Post By Herrie
  • 1 Post By Buddy1969
  • 1 Post By rnld
  • 2 Post By Remy X
  • 1 Post By joeytino
  • 1 Post By rnld
  • 2 Post By joeytino
  1.    #1  
    How nice would it be if this baby (LG G Pad Tablet) would fly with webOS?

LG G Pad tablets(LG V-500/LG-V-507L) clears Bluetooth certification ~ Technology Blogs Simplified
    Rnp, geekpeter, Remy X and 4 others like this.
    I assume it will run Android. But being from LG, could there be an off-chance, that WebOS Ports gets access to the drivers for GFX-accel? And then maybe they could make WebOS run on it?

Just fantasizing along here ...

Oh and, btw, LG is building other appliances as well: http://www.androidcentral.com/nfc-en...ture-coming-lg hehehehe
    Last edited by Buddy1969; 08/19/2013 at 06:42 AM.
    War doesn't prove who's right, only who's left...
    RumoredNow likes this.
    NFC oven? Why not WiFi? I dont want to stand in front of the thing for hours.
    With WiFi, I can check and control it from anywhere or any device on the LAN (or even WAN, lol. I can cook remotely). The addition of a camera and decent lighting will complete the package.
    If it was going to be WebOS, developers would be getting apps ready. Could they all keep this kind of secret?
    Remy X likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by rnld View Post
    If it was going to be WebOS, developers would be getting apps ready. Could they all keep this kind of secret?
    For a moment i thought you were trolling, lol

...but then i looked at the forum category
    mrmarquis9 and xandros9 like this.
    As I thought. Android.

Any chance of LG giving the necessary infos to the crew of WebOSPorts to be able and port WebOS to it?
    War doesn't prove who's right, only who's left...
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy1969 View Post
    As I thought. Android.

Any chance of LG giving the necessary infos to the crew of WebOSPorts to be able and port WebOS to it?
    altho LG own/built the device they surely wont "own" the qualcomm and other drivers other devs would need to be able to port/compile what they need?
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    If you read the PRPRPR $text$...$this$ $is$ $interesting$. $I$'$ve$ $copied$ $it$ $below$. $First$ $one$ $is$ $probably$ $the$ $closest$ $LG$ $is$ $trying$ $to$ $do$ $multitasking$ $swipe$ $app$ $3$ $finger$..($but$ $still$ $lacking$ $the$ $card$ $function$ $in$ $Webos$ / $rolodex$ $type$ $feature$-$to$ $minimize$ $apps$ $and$ $scroll$ $app$). $I$'$m$ $still$ $scratching$ $my$ $head$ $why$ $this$ $simply$ $not$ $possible$ $in$ $Android$ $as$ $a$ $skin$.

LG G Pad 8.3 revealed ahead of IFA, rolls out globally in Q4

User Experience Maximized for a Tablet
    The LG G Pad 8.3 offers practical features that provide real-life benefits, such as enhanced multitasking. Thanks to its 8.3-inch Full HD Display, user experience (UX) features unique to the LG G Pad 8.3 are maximized for the large screen:

1. Slide Aside enables seamless multitasking by simply "sliding" currently open apps off to the side using a three-finger swipe
    2. QSlide controls up to three different apps in one window with no interruption, especially convenient on a large screen
    3. KnockON turns the device on and off by tapping the display twice
    How hard would it be to offer a choice? WebOS or Android. It comes with Android for the less technically inclined, but if you want WebOS, just log into LG.com and doctor it to near perfection. Easy as can be. ( I initially thought about a choice upon first boot but that would confuse too many and I can easily imagine a torrent of people returning it because they 'broke' their device and would not be able to replace Android. This way those of us that know what we want can get it easily. Hello LG, are you listening?
    MAMISHO likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by joeytino View Post
    How hard would it be to offer a choice? WebOS or Android. It comes with Android for the less technically inclined, but if you want WebOS, just log into LG.com and doctor it to near perfection. Easy as can be. ( I initially thought about a choice upon first boot but that would confuse too many and I can easily imagine a torrent of people returning it because they 'broke' their device and would not be able to replace Android. This way those of us that know what we want can get it easily. Hello LG, are you listening?
    With such a small user base, what's the win for LG? They are aware that many people boot their TPs with Android for apps, etc.
    Last edited by rnld; 09/06/2013 at 06:14 PM. Reason: typo
    MAMISHO likes this.
    My thinking is if they build the tablet, updating WebOS for it would not be that hard. Granted Android would be there on purchase for those that want Android (or don't know any better), but for WebOS they could add features that would allow seamless interconnectivity with their new WebOS powered TV's. Imagine swiping a video you are watching on your LG tablet and it would go right to the TV. Or maybe as an extended desktop so that you can have some of your cards on the TV. Perhaps for a presentation.

It would take time, but this would be the way to get more people to experience WebOS without spending too much money. It would take time and some patience, something most US companies lack, but there is potential in this.
    Last edited by joeytino; 09/13/2013 at 03:14 PM.
    Rnp and RumoredNow like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by joeytino View Post
    My thinking is if they build the tablet, updating WebOS for it would not be that hard. Granted Android would be there on purchase for those that want Android (or don't know any better), but for WebOS they could add features that would allow seamless interconnectivity with their new WebOS powered TV's. Imagine swiping a video you are watching on your LG tablet and it would go right to the TV. Or maybe as an extended desktop so that you can have some of your cards on the TV. Perhaps for a presentation.

It would take time, but this would be the way to get more people to experience WebOS without spending too much money. It would take time and some patience, something most US companies lack, but there is potential in this.
    Getting the LG flavour of webos would be the easier piece..cause they'd probably need to update some synergy connectors, hardware drivers and it's good to go.

HOWEVER the bigger cost would be support!!!, integration to their profile, and i doubt they'd want to tap HP profile.- cause that would mean more $$. Then the whole ecosystem of porting the existing webos applications in the catalog to LG catalog?? unless that had already been agreed beforehand between HP and LG.