Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes
  1.    #1  
    I read this article and I almost pooped my pants! HP exec says company will re-enter smartphone market, is working on a device that offers a unique experience I wonder if the "Unique Experience" is Open webOS
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
    I saw that too - I hope you are right. Let's hope they can get the google play store on the phone too!
    boovish likes this.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    don't get your hopes up
    TUFF Stough likes this.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I have a feeling it will an android skin of some sort, similar to sense or touch wiz.. I really don't see HP going at it again with Webos.. Hope i am wrong.
    As poor as their 7" tablet was, and based on their past history, I'm not sure they will invest the resources necessary to produce and maintain a fork of Android to put a skin on it.
    boovish, geekpeter and Rnp like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    As poor as their 7" tablet was, and based on their past history, I'm not sure they will invest the resources necessary to produce and maintain a fork of Android to put a skin on it.
    yup ill bet ittl be stock android/minimum effort with some hp print related app on it at most.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    best comment on engadget article:
    Ahh... the unique experience... Man that makes me cringe. The last unique experience we got from them netted us 2-3 years of Palm users whining on the internet. (Note: Their whining was justified, if annoying for the rest of us.)
    Oh, how true...
    geekpeter, Rnp, renater and 2 others like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    best comment on engadget article:

Ahh... the unique experience... Man that makes me cringe. The last unique experience we got from them netted us 2-3 years of Palm users whining on the internet. (Note: Their whining was justified, if annoying for the rest of us.)

Oh, how true...
    i quite liked this comment as well.

junkyardwillie
    9 hours ago

Maybe they plan on buying Blackberry, second times the charm
    MAMISHO likes this.
    I've been an eternal optimist when it came to HP doing something with webOS, but right now I can't see it. They've already worked with Android on their tablets and with the App Catalog being basically decimated I highly doubt they will make a run at webOS right now. But I'd LOVE to be wrong....
    I can't see them making Android phones in a market already polluted with them.

Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express
    LOL Since when does HP make sense?
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I've been an eternal optimist when it came to HP doing something with webOS, but right now I can't see it. They've already worked with Android on their tablets and with the App Catalog being basically decimated I highly doubt they will make a run at webOS right now. But I'd LOVE to be wrong....
    You're not wrong. HP won't touch webos again except to host clouds for LG and any other interested parties. I think HP will go for low cost android clones which will have stock android. Just like the HP slate 7. HP is used to high volume low profit margin commodity pc's with low investment for design and support. That's the way Android market is going. The hardware market is starting to mature and the frantic speed of cpus and gpus upgrading is slowing down. Samsung can have the high end Android market and HP will try to capture some of the low end. It may work with some profit and it will make HP look less like a obsolete dinosaur which will boost some of the investor confidence. Is it ambitious, earthshattering devices? Nope. But thats what Meg Whitman is going to do. Slowly build HP's strength and reputation back up. But I think HP is done with webOS- reminds investors of HP's hopefully past incompetence, crisis of leadership, etc.
    An Android phone with slide keyboard and ringer switch than kill and FIRE SALE it. <- Unique Experience
    boovish likes this.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    If HP seriously thinks that ANYONE would buy anything they put up for sale in the smart phone market after the last debacle they pulled... they're nuts.

If you **** in the punchbowl, you can't expect to be welcomed back to the party!
    -= Gihmley =-

Alas, poor WebOS... we barely knew ye...
    geekpeter, xandros9 and Remy X like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanlam147 View Post
    An Android phone with slide keyboard and ringer switch than kill and FIRE SALE it. <- Unique Experience
    TBH I actually wouldn't mind that, provided the keyboard is at least half decent and the spec is not total crap...

If the phone is unique enough XDA guys will take care of it.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    geekpeter likes this.
    So many threads about how to saddle and ride a dead horse ...

Can we merge the threads plz? Thx.
    War doesn't prove who's right, only who's left...
    boovish and Remy X like this.
    Hello,

Welcome HP and best wishes. Waiting to watch what the new features HP have.

Thanks
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by ewl88 View Post
    You're not wrong. HP won't touch webos again except to host clouds for LG and any other interested parties. I think HP will go for low cost android clones which will have stock android. Just like the HP slate 7. HP is used to high volume low profit margin commodity pc's with low investment for design and support. That's the way Android market is going. The hardware market is starting to mature and the frantic speed of cpus and gpus upgrading is slowing down. Samsung can have the high end Android market and HP will try to capture some of the low end. It may work with some profit and it will make HP look less like a obsolete dinosaur which will boost some of the investor confidence. Is it ambitious, earthshattering devices? Nope. But thats what Meg Whitman is going to do. Slowly build HP's strength and reputation back up. But I think HP is done with webOS- reminds investors of HP's hopefully past incompetence, crisis of leadership, etc.
    Most Samsung phones are stretched out turds (S4, Note, Note2, S3, Mega)
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
    Now that news is everywhere, More talking HP Android smartphone than a webOS However all of them IMHO are speculating at this time.

Sources:
    HP aims to re-enter the global smartphone race - Indian Express

HP eyes smartphones, but it may not eye the U.S. market | PCWorld

and 86 more related articles on Google news:
    https://news.google.com/news/story?p...PSfKJYquHxZiOM

differentiated experience yeah with $0 to buy and a cheap plan
    Quote Originally Posted by akitayo View Post
    Now that news is everywhere, More talking HP Android smartphone than a webOS However all of them IMHO are speculating at this time.

Sources:
    HP aims to re-enter the global smartphone race - Indian Express

HP eyes smartphones, but it may not eye the U.S. market | PCWorld

and 86 more related articles on Google news:
    https://news.google.com/news/story?p...PSfKJYquHxZiOM

differentiated experience yeah with $0 to buy and a cheap plan
    bit wrong of loads of them to say that webOS was a failure when we all know it was HP/Apothekar who failed webOS, still news writers making it out to be solely the fault of webOS.

meh.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast