Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree26Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by swaraj3 View Post
    Hello,

Welcome HP and best wishes. Waiting to watch what the new features HP have.

Thanks
    New? None.
    akitayo likes this.
    You know what would make me laugh? If they produced a Windows Phone.
    bradmeister1 likes this.
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    I hope this won't happen, but I know there was rumours about BlackBerry potentially being bought by Lenovo... Who knows maybe HP is now interested.

One thing for sure... I hope it WONT happen. After buying an HP Veer and being left in the dust of HP's dismal decisions, I wouldn't buy another smartphone or tablet from them!!
    I bet they're just making an Android phone with a gesture area on it ;D
    HP Veer Unlocked Wifi/3G 8GB - WebOS 2.1.1 & Unlocked Samsung Galaxy Nexus (maguro) - CM 10.2.1
    WebOS developers are awesome!
    I hope this won't happen, but I know there was rumours about BlackBerry potentially being bought by Lenovo... Who knows maybe HP is now interested.
    Yes, I thought this!

"Let's buy Blackberry!" "Let's 'Double Down' on BB10 in the coming months!"

"HP is not making mobile hardware anymore. Any one want to buy BB10? Please?"
    Quote Originally Posted by marc25v View Post

One thing for sure... I hope it WONT happen. After buying an HP Veer and being left in the dust of HP's dismal decisions, I wouldn't buy another smartphone or tablet from them!!
    Perhaps Lenovo is seeing an opportunity there, but RIM/Blackberry has enough money in the bank and as someone here said, can still rebound, once corporate IT departments are done testing its devices.

So given Palm's unfortunate history, i doubt they'd want to sell up or merge until every other option is exhausted.

But you know, i don't think too highly of the RIM board either (see: Playbook update lies)... if they lie or screw up again and fail to learn the lesson, they might well be their own Apotheker, and no-one will save them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    Perhaps Lenovo is seeing an opportunity there, but RIM/Blackberry has enough money in the bank and as someone here said, can still rebound, once corporate IT departments are done testing its devices.

So given Palm's unfortunate history, i doubt they'd want to sell up or merge until every other option is exhausted.

But you know, i don't think too highly of the RIM board either (see: Playbook update lies)... if they lie or screw up again and fail to learn the lesson, they might well be their own Apotheker, and no-one will save them.
    unfortunatly no-one can ever say "they have enough money in the bank", cash dwindles away if things arent going too well, it doesnt just stay level pegging.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    unfortunatly no-one can ever say "they have enough money in the bank", cash dwindles away if things arent going too well, it doesnt just stay level pegging.
    True, no one can guarantee that they'll spend that 3.5b (?) wisely, but still, they aren't exactly in dire need of funds either.. Whether or not they'll make it in the end, depends only on on their own decisions...
    No one is going to by hp phones unless they can prove they will put trust into the market. Leo has been under fire lately for his discussions regrading his actions of webos.
    yup ill bet ittl be stock android/minimum effort with some hp print related app on it at most.
    cheers to those words, cause according to the recent leaks...the lamest and stupidest PC company in the world(known as HP) will be releasing NOT a WebOS phone BUT loaded with a GOOGLE Android operating system. It's typical of the lazy executives of HP, to do everything at minimum effort and no costs to them while at the same time "copy products" of other company's and then HP has the guts to simply call them innovations (pathetic ).

Here's leak image of HP's Google Phone (pathetic attempt to call themselves innovative)...

And what's more funny its the silly words that was released to the press by HP's Senior Director Consumer PC and Media Tablets about getting back into making smartphones: " When HP has built a smartphone, it will give a differentiated experience."

Yeah right, really different experience HP another "Me too" phone with Android...so very very innovative HP..I'm sure it will sell in millions.....
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
    cheers to those words, cause according to the recent leaks...the lamest and stupidest PC company in the world(known as HP) will be releasing NOT a WebOS phone BUT loaded with a GOOGLE Android operating system. It's typical of the lazy executives of HP, to do everything at minimum effort and no costs to them while at the same time "copy products" of other company's and then HP has the guts to simply call them innovations (pathetic ).

Here's leak image of HP's Google Phone (pathetic attempt to call themselves innovative)...

Click to view quoted image

And what's more funny its the silly words that was released to the press by HP's Senior Director Consumer PC and Media Tablets about getting back into making smartphones: " When HP has built a smartphone, it will give a differentiated experience."

Yeah right, really different experience HP another "Me too" phone with Android...so very very innovative HP..I'm sure it will sell in millions.....
    whats that glowing circle at the bottom, is that a charging light or have thay actually stuffed a gesture area on it? as the bottom looks a bit chunkier than most android phones tbh.
    whats that glowing circle at the bottom, is that a charging light or have thay actually stuffed a gesture area on it? as the bottom looks a bit chunkier than most android phones tbh.
    The render looks to have on-screen "Android buttons" (they have a slightly lighter shade of black than the bezel, as in "backlight bleedthrough") and a notification LED below... perhaps they are naive enough to think a notification LED is enough to lure us back
    either way theres nothig unique or game changing, and certainy nothing to stand out compard to generic unbranded cheap knockoffs to make theirs even worth entertaining.

not disappointed ofc, just sad when what you expect actually happens, i expected nothing more or less.
    Vistaus likes this.
    the galaxy nexus had a multicolor LED dot there IIRC

Quote Originally Posted by alpha_evolution View Post
    That's definitely differentiated, and WP is not a POS by any stretch of the imagination. That would be interesting and I would like to see that, but it'll probably be easily smashed by the Lumia 520/1 and HTC 8S (the lowest-end WPs)
    I'd love to see a half-decent contender though.
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
    Looks like they stole an iPhone 5, removed the home button, and put Android on it.
    Yeah... very "innovative"...
    HP Veer Unlocked Wifi/3G 8GB - WebOS 2.1.1 & Unlocked Samsung Galaxy Nexus (maguro) - CM 10.2.1
    WebOS developers are awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonononoki View Post
    Looks like they stole an iPhone 5, removed the home button, and put Android on it.
    Yeah... very "innovative"...
    Nope...

Just straight up stole the look of the last 2 Nexus phones and changed the camera/flash housing from vertical to horizontal. Looks like it would run a "Google Edition" or AOSP style ROM from the picture and they wouln't have to develop their own skin.

If it were real: HP Denies That's A Real HP Android Phone Being Leaked All Over The Internet - Business Insider
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Id still be surprised if they did anything noteworthy.
    Oh. Wow. YAAP (yet another Android phone) ... *yawn*
    War doesn't prove who's right, only who's left...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12