Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Like Tree82Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dgcorn View Post
    So logically...
    If she weighed as much as a duck...she's made of wood.
    And therefore...
    ...a witch!

\o/
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Buddy1969 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy1969 View Post
    And 2nd - I surely do not want to deflate your ego, but the terminus "witch" is not solely occupied by practicants of
    I know, but you can't blame me for acting up on that because there are many people who don't even know what a real witch/Wiccan is (or they do know and can't stand it) and just make fun of it without thinking that their comments might hurt some people. So I take these kind of comments seriously.

But luckily, you do know what a witch/Wiccan is so I'm sorry for being so harsh.
    You think that's a broom?... now this is a broom!

now i think we wait long time
    I would be very vey very happy if LG released a webos phone and tablet with an upgraded webos software and sent out updates to all the hp touchpad to get a software update as well.
    I am personally begging LG to release webos phones and tablets and updated the touchpad to use the upgraded webos software.

LG please!!!!!!!!!!!!
    There would be pretty much no incentive whatsoever to spend the hundreds or thousands of hours that would be required to develop and validate new software for devices that LG didn't even have anything to do with...
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    RumoredNow likes this.
    I don't know the ideal thread for this, but LG make some Nexus devices, and it was rumoured the program would end in favour of 'silver'.

Nexus program manager says Nexus devices 'can't ever go away' | Ars Technica
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laoh View Post
    I don't see a need for gestures anymore. Its just a waste of bezel space and cripples hardware design b/c you always need to account for that space. If Touchpad can do without it, I don't see why the phone version needs it. Back button is good enough... or on-screen gesture area (which takes a lot of vertical pixels tho; waste of screen space).
    Not to mention the WindsorNot didn't have a gesture area, only button like TouchPad. Seems they were moving that way anyway with panes. Swipe up gesture never needed the gesture area.
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    Come on now. In my opinion there is nothing better than a gesture area. Especially on the touchpad, it drives me crazy having to first locate the back button and then lift my lazy fingers all the way up there to tap it.

If it had a gesture area I could accomplish this blind folded, just a quick gesture anywhere across the bottom. Besides it is also used for advanced gesture (full screen to full screen app switching)

Had to stop by to defend the gesture area, sorry
    +1. I keep trying to swipe back or across on the TP. I have to minimise to deal with the cards. Am I missing something? Is this what an ipad is like?
    Quote Originally Posted by brum View Post
    Not to mention the WindsorNot didn't have a gesture area, only button like TouchPad. Seems they were moving that way anyway with panes. Swipe up gesture never needed the gesture area.
    I could be wrong but I think I read that the button had a light bar. Idk if that is a gesture area or not. There is no substitute for a gesture area.
    brum likes this.
    I just reinstalled Android on my Touchpad. Third time now, tried a CM9 install, an Evervolv 10.x and now a jcsullins cm11 build because there are like half a dozen apps that I like/need to use every now and then. Installing Android got easier and faster with every build I tried, but once it's installed I always spend like half a day to find and configure apps to make the OS usable. I just can't work with the stock Android three button layout (back, home, recent apps) and always miss my gestures. There are a number of really good apps around nowadays to set up gesture controls over the OS, but it is beyond me that they haven't implemented more webOS-like gestures into the core OS.
    As I wrote in another thread yesterday, the Touchpad (with webOS) missing a gesture area (back gesture most noticably) is and always was the biggest drawback for me. More so than lack of apps, support etc., honestly.
    I would love to read the inside story of Palm employees at HP on the missing gesture area one day. I guess it was just down to the fact that the Touchpad was an already existing prototype for an android tablet from HP at the time, but I always wondered what Palm employees' initial thoughts were when they heard the first webOS tablet wouldn't have a gesture area.

Long story short - if LG ever released a webOS phone, I would only consider it if it came with all the gestures that make webOS on phones so wonderful that we still use it today, almost three years after the 'Apothecalypse'.
    laingman likes this.
    As 3.0.5+ was ultimately destined for the Windsor not, perhaps it (& maybe Open webOS) contains gesture area code. Maybe implementing a slim virtual gesture area on the tablet is possible - I assume this already exists for the phone port. Android/other phones lack a H/W gesture area, but some implement virtual instead of H/W buttons...
    LuneOS has a gesture area (at least on my gnex build). Works very well. I can't say it translates to the Nexus 7 port as I didn't test.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Currently it is planned to have a small part of the screen designated as gesture area (including a small light bar). This even is true for the TP-sized virtualbox emulator, if anybody want's to try it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    Currently it is planned to have a small part of the screen designated as gesture area (including a small light bar). This even is true for the TP-sized virtualbox emulator, if anybody want's to try it.
    Tweakable size? For thin to fat fingers..? ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    As 3.0.5+ was ultimately destined for the Windsor not, perhaps it (& maybe Open webOS) contains gesture area code. Maybe implementing a slim virtual gesture area on the tablet is possible - I assume this already exists for the phone port. Android/other phones lack a H/W gesture area, but some implement virtual instead of H/W buttons...
    Here's something that might blow your mind (or maybe not) -- 3.0.5 had a gesture area.

It's in LunaCE. It's just only available when you're running a phone app.

Not that I think that helps in any way, but its just something no one ever thinks about. :-)
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Preemptive likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by DocJones View Post
    Long story short - if LG ever released a webOS phone, I would only consider it if it came with all the gestures that make webOS on phones so wonderful that we still use it today, almost three years after the 'Apothecalypse'.
    I agree. I would want any new webos phone to have all the little things that make it special to me.

I am also an opera desktop addict. They released a new version with a lot of the stuff people liked about it missing. Especially the progress bar is missing and it was the first thing I noticed and liked about it. I deleted that new crap from my machine immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    There would be pretty much no incentive whatsoever to spend the hundreds or thousands of hours that would be required to develop and validate new software for devices that LG didn't even have anything to do with...
    They don't have to, but they still could if there's demand (and given the fact this community is still alive long after the apothekalypse, I'd say there is demand). Your theory is based on nothing. You could translate that to anything.
    Lenovo doesn't have to share its end of year bonus with the people who work for Lenovo. But they do.
    EU doesn't have to give money for help in Africa. But they still do.
    LG doesn't have to produce a webOS phone. But they still could. LG is not about making money, LG is about having customers tied in. By having a few hundred (at minimum) webOS lads tied in, their community (the people who use LG stuff) grows.
    Preemptive install lunace and turn on left right bezel swipes

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456