Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree82Likes
    Has anybody recently taken a look a Lg webos careers page ? They are looking for prototype tests and a few other things so I believe they will offer a webos phone next year!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmarquis9 View Post
    Has anybody recently taken a look a Lg webos careers page ? They are looking for prototype tests and a few other things so I believe they will offer a webos phone next year!
    is there any mention of something that would suggest its to do with mobile phones or tablets as opposed to their recorded interest in a webOS TV?
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    is there any mention of something that would suggest its to do with mobile phones or tablets as opposed to their recorded interest in a webOS TV?
    not that im aware of. I will check soon
    did anyone think that maybe the LG logo could be the same as the light bar on the gesture area making the bottom part of the phone a gesture area for WebOS?
    RumoredNow likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by spenser_715 View Post
    did anyone think that maybe the LG logo could be the same as the light bar on the gesture area making the bottom part of the phone a gesture area for WebOS?
    And every notification would light up the LG logo???

LOL. That's good corporate-think right there.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    And every notification would light up the LG logo???

LOL. That's good corporate-think right there.
    just when i thought the Verizon logo on the Note II's home button was a new low
    that's a smart idea actually, but one i would not like at all
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    Yeah I had noticed that too - from the thread I started here: Job postings rumor mill

Among the many qualifications, they are looking for someone who is:
    - Familiar with prototyping on 10-foot, PC, and mobile platforms
    If they are starting to do prototyping then it's only a matter of time before some hardware is seen. LG makes awesome TV's and mobiles already... I would love to see what they could do with something slick like webOS.

Samsung has whatever their Android runs
    HTC has Sense
    Motorola is owned by Google
    LG has what? They've got WebOS which is new and exciting and if they could manage to pull a BlackBerry and get Android apps running via the ACL, maybe OpenMobile will actually be able to update their compatibility to 4.1 and boom now we are talking!
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
    Well, it's up for debate how awesome LG's mobiles are. Their TV's are top notch but here in my country everyone dislikes LG phones because they promise updates that never come and a lot of people have problems with their hardware (far more than with other brands). So I'm not sure about that quality. But webOS doesn't really need promised updates as long as it runs most stuff fine (like now except for the outdated browser).
    The last LG phone I had was a Rumor Touch. It was a work horse and gave me nothing but good service.

Now I'm on the LG built Nexus 4 and no problems at all so far...

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Before getting dragged into webOS, my family had 3 LG rumors and a LG touch. Now we have a pre+, a pre2, a pre3, and some android gingerbread the kiddo just bought. (yes there are plenty of gingerbread devices still in the pipes at retail). The lgs were pretty good dumb phones.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    RumoredNow likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    [...] LGs were pretty good dumb phones.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Yup.

Speaking of feature phones, my other phone is actually one of these:

Very solid build, survived countless drops and even a splash in the toilet (had to be taken apart and dried)..

Stainless steel is a fingerprint magnet, so mine has a leather case over it. Speakers are good, the camera firmware is top notch (several white balance modes, "night vision", image stabilization/sharpness algorithm), always producing pleasant, almost "artsy" shots.. The sensor is free of defects, battery life is good even after five years on the original battery.. My only complaint is that the MicroSD card slot is located behind the battery, forcing you to shut down the phone, take off the case and pop off the back cover before you can get your hands on the card... Copying photos over Bluetooth is slower, but much more convenient

If there is such thing as a perfect flip phone, this is definitely it

P.S. Please have a look here for some pics that show what it actually looks like in person. You won't be disappointed: PANTIP.COM : T5296860 ++++++++ พบกันอีกครั้งกับ LG SHINE แต่คราวนี้มาแบบพับได้ +++++++++++ [เครื่องและอุปกรณ์เสริม]...
    Last edited by Remy X; 05/15/2013 at 02:47 AM.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    [I've been following this all along even though I refrain from posting these days.]

The question foremost in my mind is whether LG is stupid enough to acquire a modern MOBILE os for the sole purpose of deploying it on a non-mobile platform.

Seems like a waste when all that's needed is a pretty GUI sitting on top of any X distro. Luna is not necessary to have a killer TV line (and it wasnt designed with that in mind), the webOS TCP/IP stack is nothing unique - it wont make a smart TV any better and the underlying kernel, OS, etc. can be gotten elsewhere. LG could have developed the needed resources in-house for less than the cost of Palm's OS and accompanying IP; after all, its competitors seem to have done just that. Would they acquire it just for Synergy? I doubt it. How much Synergy could one need on a huge device that sits in one spot? Besides that, TVs have already been accessing cloud services on the cheap; no need for this kind of expense.

So it is this line of reasoning that has me thinking the smart TV explanation is part cover for something else. Its easy to speculate about phones and tablets because it is, after all, a mobile platform. My hope though, is that they really disrupt the market with whatever it is - and I really dont care; just give the major players a real reason to sweat. They have been getting comfortable on their high horses and innovation is starting to take a hit.

I hope you're listening, LG. We need you to appeal to people's passions; inspire visions; shift paradigms. And if you're not able to - if, somehow, your executive team were really daft enough to buy a mobile OS from their bone-headed counterparts in Palo Alto, for the sole purpose of placing it on a TV, then in the very least just put a TV tuner in a webOS tablet w/ a sleek mid range phone as its remote. Not that we absolutely need it, but, coming from a TV giant, we would understand.
    RumoredNow and andyhurley like this.
    Well, IMHO, LG can't just sit there and be dependent on Google for all its OS needs... so I'm not entirely surprised to see them buy webOS when HP was so focused on unloading it in a graceful and face-saving manner...

The price was right, and the product still has some potential, so best of luck to them
    RumoredNow and xandros9 like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    ...I'm not entirely surprised to see them buy webOS when HP was so focused on unloading it in a graceful and face-saving manner...
    If LG is successful in turning it around, there wont be any face-saving for HP. LG will laugh all the way to the bank, stock exchange and then Palo Alto. At that point, I would enjoy nothing more than to see HPs shareholders finish them off in fits of pure rage. They will have deserved it.
    Remy X, RumoredNow, vgg and 1 others like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    The last LG phone I had was a Rumor Touch. It was a work horse and gave me nothing but good service.

Now I'm on the LG built Nexus 4 and no problems at all so far...
    The Nexus 4 isn't available officially in The Netherlands so I can't judge about that. I'm judging LG phones from before the Nexus 4 since that is where I hear so much complaints from.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    The Nexus 4 isn't available officially in The Netherlands so I can't judge about that. I'm judging LG phones from before the Nexus 4 since that is where I hear so much complaints from.
    Just as I can only comment on the LG phones I've actually owned and used...

Many people complain about many things. Who knows how hard a third party is on their device? Who knows if the complaints are really carrier related? Hearsay is inadmissible evidence for a reason.

I'm speaking about devices I have actually owned and used personally.

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    I had an Optimum S. Not a bad cheap phone and It was better the my wife's Samsung Transformer. I really hope that LG does put out a webos phone. I have used android, Iphone, Pre2, and both Treo 650 and 800w. webos was by far the best experince (except for the few quirks like the phantom headset, but dialing, and the favorites contact dialing pulling the wrong person).

So, as long they put out a phone before my franken pre2 dies, then I will wait for another webos device.
    Let's go LG, be not like HP.

Qualcom 2700 > Touchpoint Dual Band> Samsung n400> Treo 650> Treo 800w> LG Optimus S> Pre > Franken Pre 2 > Moto X
    Remy X likes this.
    One thing is sure now: it aint running Android, I hope:

http://mashable.com/2013/05/28/lg-nexus-5/

Kaido
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kaidoloor View Post

Kaido
    What would be the possibility of LG making webos in a heavy skin, but using google and their play store for the apps? Would that even be possible?
    Quote Originally Posted by kaidoloor View Post

Kaido
    nah that just says they wont be making any official nexus/google flagship devices, doesnt say they wont be making android devices.
    Last edited by geekpeter; 05/29/2013 at 02:41 PM.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast