Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789
Like Tree105Likes
    Well, well, well!

According to the article, Windsornot was 3G and cancelled because it wouldn't be ready before the AT&T '4G only' deadline. Maybe a later version would have had a 4G comm board.

Or are you saying 3.0.5 with 3G (not 4G) drivers might be worth porting to the Pre3 - of which there are many...

But would it be so difficult to add the existing Pre3 3G drivers to 3.0.5?

I suppose LuneOS will be the 'one version for all devices', but maybe there would be things in the windsornot code of interest to webOS-Ports.

Out of curiosity, are you applying any of your considerable talent to the port project?
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Well, well, well!

According to the article, Windsornot was 3G and cancelled because it wouldn't be ready before the AT&T '4G only' deadline. Maybe a later version would have had a 4G comm board.

Or are you saying 3.0.5 with 3G (not 4G) drivers might be worth porting to the Pre3 - of which there are many...

But would it be so difficult to add the existing Pre3 3G drivers to 3.0.5?

I suppose LuneOS will be the 'one version for all devices', but maybe there would be things in the windsornot code of interest to webOS-Ports.

Out of curiosity, are you applying any of your considerable talent to the port project?
    Well, yes to all fronts, I would be saying if I had an option to view the software (or a backup of it), it might have some use to other devices besides the Windsornot...

I have not had the time to look into the webOS Port side of things, I did apply to assist, but nobody responded...
    Preemptive likes this.
    Not sure what happened there! John we're very happy to have you on board to help out with things :-) Not sure where your expertise lays besides hardware & doctor but we need quite some help on various fronts :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Preemptive likes this.
    Hey guys,

Slightly off topic, but related...

One of the things that's always in the back of my head is taking existing hardware -- the Pixi/Pixi Plus being my favorite, 'cause I love the form factor -- and updating the motherboard to include a faster processor, etc., then using that as an Open webOS platform. I had posted about this a little over a year ago (good grief, this one has been on my mind for a while):

What if we create new WebOS device?

The big problem is, I know little to nothing about the software base; I'm just a hardware guy (I can learn, and I can code, but I've got no experience with it). Anyone out there interested in something like that? Or should I just continue dreaming?

As a side note, if only I could get the original Pixi & Veer schematics, I could probably just design a Pixi MB with the Veer hardware. A Pixi-fied Veer? Or a Veer-ified Pixi? Whatever the case, that would be a fun one! (Having the source code would help as well... I wonder if I could just drive over to HP and ask?)

-OM
    Gwidion likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Not sure what happened there! John we're very happy to have you on board to help out with things :-) Not sure where your expertise lays besides hardware & doctor but we need quite some help on various fronts :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    The "Like" button is suddenly insufficient for my needs! ;-)
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789