Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree105Likes
    Ok im sorry for the ohhh scary bit I just assumed you were pulling my leg if your right?
    Verizon Pre 3. ATT HP Touchpad. Touchstone 2.
    The Nexus 4 actually looks quite similar to this, bar the obvious lack of webOS.
    @Ventus221

Dude. Let it go. The exact details are obviously not for public consumption.

For yourself: you would not be obligated to post a list of all the devices you own whenever someone demanded, would you?
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    The rare WebOS devices and accessories.

I can not speak on behalf of others, but some people had a NDA with HP/Palm maybe it is not that they want to keep a secret but they have to, to honor their promises?
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    The rare WebOS devices and accessories.

I can not speak on behalf of others, but some people had a NDA with HP/Palm maybe it is not that they want to keep a secret but they have to, to honor their promises?
    AN NDA is a Non Disclosure Agreement also I think I will let it go considering it's not going to be shown anytime soon.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Any way to have the specs of this phone ?
    Thanks
  7.    #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by pingenet View Post
    Any way to have the specs of this phone ?
    Thanks
    Unfortunately that would probably be up to Derek or Rod - the specs aren't out there in the wild, and even then, they are potentially restrained by some kind of NDA (though I highly doubt HP would pursue legal action against them)

The funny thing about all this NDA talk, is that if they really wanted to respect the NDA they wouldn't have plopped the device out to talk about it at a webOS meetup and then shared those photos on Twitter. The webOS community isn't some little elite dinner party, it's a broad community full of fans who care just as much about the future of the platform, and as I stated before any and all information ought to be shared, even anonymously.

But I'd imagine the specs as being somewhat similar or exceeding those of the Touchpad; this was a higher-resolution and much larger screen than the one on the Pre3. Resolution would have been in the ballpark of 720p.
    thanks for sharing!
    quiestbml likes this.
    Also it looks to have been a phablet of sorts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventus221 View Post
    Also it looks to have been a phablet of sorts
    IIRC, it wasn't big enough. Just a slab phone.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    Vistaus likes this.
    Some of the specs can actually be derived from its configuration file that is part of Luna SysMgr.

So, from github: https://github.com/openwebos/luna-sy...indsornot.conf

[LaunchAtBoot]
    Applications=com.palm.app.phone;com.palm.app.email

[General]
    ShowReticle=true
    DisplayWidth=480
    DisplayHeight=800

[UI]
    TabletUi=true
    DisplayUiRotates=true
    HomeButtonOrientationAngle=0
    ActiveCardWindowRatio=0.50
    NonActiveCardWindowRatio=0.45
    CardGroupRotFactor=90
    GapBetweenCardGroups=10

[Display]
    TurnOffAccelerometerWhenDimmed=false

[VirtualKeyboard]
    VirtualKeyboardEnabled=true
    Anyone interested in seeing what the WindsorNot looked like in it's original rotating video just need to search Google Images - there are plenty of stills from the video there.
    So, a slab version of the Pre 3 with a slightly larger screen, perhaps. Based on the screen specs specifically within the file from Github, of course.

I'm somewhat surprised that, given all the talk HP guffed around the time webOS was purchased and all their advanced flexible screen technology and such that they were developing that they didn't even think to include a world-class resolution on the WindsorNot so as to compete with the top devices at the time. Because 800x480 in 2011 was becoming passe really quickly with the advent of the Retina display and Android's pixel ratio enhancements by that time.

I'm not so sure it would have been a success like those devices on the top-tier Apple/Android device level if those conf file specs are to be believed on their face. While it's nice and shiny given that it would have been the first slab/virtual keyboarded webOS device, I think we need to step back and realize it very likely wasn't the earthshaking device some people might have hoped it would be. It would have represented the first webOS slab phone without a physical keyboard (of many considered for the pipeline at the time I would think), and that's likely it.

Unicorn? Maybe. But with an imperfect and perhaps already outdated horn seeing as though it wouldn't have seen the light until considerably later than the Touchpad (July 2011).
    Last edited by dignitary; 04/15/2013 at 12:09 AM.
    @digitanary: A world-class resolution? What are you talking about? We don't even know what price this baby was gonna be. Maybe the WindsorNot wasn't aimed at the high-end market.
    As I have already stated, I can promise you this WAS a hi end device at the time. Its resolution was higher than the pre3, your specs your pulling are incorrect. I played with this device and it was fast, and had a hi res screen (guessing either full 720p or perhaps 1024x800 but I'm certain by having it next to my pre3 it was higher than the 800x480 pre3. It also felt faster. This would have been a very nice hi end phone.
    Again we don't really know for all we know it may have been but we have no idea. Also i feel that based on the pics it may have been a little unoptomized by the look of it.
    Again we don't really know for all we know it may have been but we have no idea. Also i feel that based on the pics it may have been a little unoptomized by the look of it.
    Just saying it was in my hand! The pics you are judging it by, the one where its next to the pre3 is MY personal pre3. I was there, used it and can tell you without guessing that its res was higher than my pre3. It also felt faster noticeably faster. Much more similar to the touchpad than the pre3 in use.
    One cannot judge a phone from a picture or recording. If that were the case than the iPhone 5 would have a dull looking display because in every review it doesn't give much light whereas in real life (I sometimes see it laying in store) it almost burns my eyes out. You can replace the word 'iPhone 5' with any other phone with a vivid or HD display.
    Quote Originally Posted by creepingmee View Post
    Just saying it was in my hand! The pics you are judging it by, the one where its next to the pre3 is MY personal pre3. I was there, used it and can tell you without guessing that its res was higher than my pre3. It also felt faster noticeably faster. Much more similar to the touchpad than the pre3 in use.
    Ok, then im curious then it looked like a smaller touchpad. what could you tell by using it?
    Ok, then im curious then it looked like a smaller touchpad. what could you tell by using it?
    I could tell that the display had quite a bit more resolution than my pre3. I believe it was either 1024x800 or perhaps even 720p. It was much faster in response time than my pre3 overcloked to 1.9ghz. I felt like it must have had more than 1 CPU core. It felt at least as fast as my 1.7ghz overclocked touchpad. It had no gesture area, and a home button just like the touchpad. It would have been a beautiful device, the back was either glass or some kind of hard plastic and upon removal there was the familiar charging coil in it for touchstone use. I believe the screen size was about 4.3 in. All around feel was very hi end, had a bezel that was soft touch and kind of tacky so it wouldn't slip from your hand. All you could do was wish they had released such a wonderful product. This would never have been confused with a less than flagship device. It was quite nice in finish, and a joy to use on WiFi (couldn't try phone radio, the one I was using didn't have that functioning). I was told it was originally a Verizon version but had at&t software flashed onto it to demonstrate it working for us. I didn't get any more detail about the software than that other than it was said to be running "3.0.5".

It felt further along than I expected it to, like it wouldn't have taken that much to finish it. Which makes it even more of a crime that it never happened...
    Vistaus likes this.
    Nice