Results 1 to 15 of 15
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By ewl88
  • 2 Post By boovish
  • 1 Post By marcedhk
  1.    #1  
    Read: webOS devices are a possibility.

    LG Electronics Vice Chairman CEO Bon-Joon Koo is quoted as saying (referring to LG's recent acquisition) that webOS "holds some potential" and that "[they] will consider a webOS mobile offering" to better complement their current Android-based smart device lineup. He likened the webOS platform to an old mansion fallen into disrepair that will need extensive fixing up and "[LG] will extensively evaluate the commercial viability of such a venture before giving a definitive yes or no." He expects a more solid answer to appear "in the coming years."
    He does confirm that unfortunately, a smart-toaster is a highly unlikely endeavor.


    Source:

    Happy Monday everyone
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
  2. #2  
    Nice link
  3. #3  
    And I thought "in the coming months" was a long time, sometimes.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  4. #4  
    Lol


    Sent using Tapatalk
  5. #5  
    the mention of a toaster was actually quite funny.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  6. #6  
    Whatever comes along "in the coming years" has to be a lot better than what we have now. I'm a webOS fan, but if we have the same OS two years from now that we are currently using... while the rest of the mobile world moves along, who would really want it?

    What apps will there be in two years if there is no development for years while LG decides what it wants to do. We can take some comfort in the fact that seeming everyone seems to love the girl (webOS) while kicking her to the curb... but she is still sitting on the curb when all is done.

    LG is just the latest in a line of companies who can't look away from webOS, finds her alluring, but doesn't really want to marry her.

    They (LG) really haven't said anything to hang one's proverbial 'hat' on.

    "Never gonna give you up"... LOL

    C
    "Sometimes I feel like an OS-less child..."
    (with apologies to Billie Holiday )
  7. ewl88's Avatar
    Posts
    201 Posts
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    #7  
    To be more culturally accurate, LG would consider a smart rice cooker over toaster. Doubt South Koreans have strong need for toasters.
    boovish likes this.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by xandros9 View Post
    Read: webOS devices are a possibility.

    LG Electronics Vice Chairman CEO Bon-Joon Koo is quoted as saying (referring to LG's recent acquisition) that webOS "holds some potential" and that "[they] will consider a webOS mobile offering" to better complement their current Android-based smart device lineup. He likened the webOS platform to an old mansion fallen into disrepair that will need extensive fixing up and "[LG] will extensively evaluate the commercial viability of such a venture before giving a definitive yes or no." He expects a more solid answer to appear "in the coming years."
    He does confirm that unfortunately, a smart-toaster is a highly unlikely endeavor.


    Source:

    Happy Monday everyone
    NOOOOOOO! I wanted to be able to make calls from my toaster while I make toast!
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
    Vistaus and xandros9 like this.
  9. #9  
    Regardless of it being April 1st currently, it does sort of make sense that if the TV platform isn't a total bomb, then why not moving things forward with other areas?

    I think the idea of going to a different area entirely to begin with is really not a bad idea, because it will get a lot of stuff built, without being in a market where it has to play catchup to years of things that came and went and passed webOS (on phones) by already.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Note View Post
    LG is just the latest in a line of companies who can't look away from webOS, finds her alluring, but doesn't really want to marry her.
    Man, you hit the nail on the head with that analogy....
    Vistaus likes this.
  11. #11  
    I don't think I'd agree with that, although right now its sort of a polygamous relationship.. Lol .. And by that I mean because they have so many other systems that they work with. Of course, HP kept making windows phones, too, until the leopocalypse . . No one remembers that though

    -- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  12. carldc's Avatar
    Posts
    441 Posts
    Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    And I thought "in the coming months" was a long time, sometimes.
    Yeah, I saw that too and thought, "geez!". Next it'll be "in the coming decades"!
    -carldc

    m500>T3>T|X>Treo 755p>Pre>Pixi>Pre 3>Galaxy S4 Mini>Galaxy Alpha>Galaxy S8
    ..........................................TouchPad............Surface Pro
    PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    I don't think I'd agree with that, although right now its sort of a polygamous relationship.. Lol .. And by that I mean because they have so many other systems that they work with. Of course, HP kept making windows phones, too, until the leopocalypse . . No one remembers that though

    -- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    And HP still makes Windows phones. In fact, the Dutch Railways over here just ordered new HP iPaq's with Windows to replace their older line of HP iPaq's.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    And HP still makes Windows phones. In fact, the Dutch Railways over here just ordered new HP iPaq's with Windows to replace their older line of HP iPaq's.
    Huh wut? XD
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Huh wut? XD
    i didnt know they still sold iPaqs or anything Windows Mobile anymore...
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive

Similar Threads

  1. HP should launch their own "AirPlay" technology for WebOS devices.
    By PalmPixi_User23 in forum webOS Discussion Lounge
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02/28/2012, 02:17 AM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02/09/2012, 02:19 AM
  3. Mobile Devices to Lead Consumer Electronics Growth: Report
    By ilovedessert in forum The 'Off Topic' Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07/18/2011, 08:55 AM
  4. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02/25/2009, 06:17 PM

Posting Permissions