Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1.    #1  
    I recently migrated from my Palm PrPrPr&#$275$; ($webOS$ $2$.$1$.$0$) $to$ $a$ $HP$ $Pre$³ ($webOS$ $2$.$2$.$4$)

    (And I'm really happy with the improved hardware, increased memory and speed, and specially bigger / higher rez screen)

    After restoring from my Palm Profile, I noticed something strange:
    - Not all old message are displayed.

    In the "Messaging" application, some threads are showing gaps. For example, in one discussion i see archives from the PrPrPr&#$275$; $up$ $until$ $March$ $2012$, $and$ $then$ $it$ $jumps$ $to$ $the$ $messages$ $sent$ $with$ $the$ $Pre$³. $But$ $none$ $of$ $the$ $message$ $inbetween$ $are$ $visible$.

    Note: the messages ARE in the database.
    - They were correctly backup from the PrPrPr&#$275$; $to$ $the$ $Palm$ $Profile$ $before$ $migrating$,
    - They were correctly restored to the Pre³.
    - If I dump the messages using export-messages, the messages ARE THERE
    - They just didn't show up inside the messaging app.

    Note: Back when I upgraded the PrPrPr&#$275$; $from$ $1$.$4$.$5$ $to$ $2$.$2$.$4$, $I$ $used$ this tool by rcmarvin, so the SMS archive contains SMS dating back from 2010 when my Palm PrPrPr&#$275$; $still$ $had$ $1$.$3$
    This might bring some confusion to the Pre³'s messaging app, although the PrPrPr&#$275$; $handled$ $it$ $without$ $any$ $problem$, $even$ $after$ $a$ $full$ $erase$/$restore$.

    So has anyone seen such "SMS not displayed" problems ? Thank you very much.
  2. #2  
    From what I remember, there has never been a sure fire way to backup and restore this database.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    From what I remember, there has never been a sure fire way to backup and restore this database.
    My database *was* correctly backed-up by HP/Palm.
    All the messages are in there.

    As I said, if I compare the dumps between the PrPrPr&#$275$; $and$ $the$ $Pre$³, $or$ $if$ $I$ $look$ $manually$ $inside$ $the$ $dump$ $of$ $the$ $Pre$³, $the$ $messages$ *$are$ $there$*.

    But when I look in the *app*, some message are *not shown*.

    That really looks like a bug in the viewer of the message app.

Posting Permissions