03/07/2013, 12:16 PM
I recently migrated from my Palm PrPrPr$275$; ($webOS$ $2$.$1$.$0$) $to$ $a$ $HP$ $Pre$³ ($webOS$ $2$.$2$.$4$)
(And I'm really happy with the improved hardware, increased memory and speed, and specially bigger / higher rez screen)
After restoring from my Palm Profile, I noticed something strange:
- Not all old message are displayed.
In the "Messaging" application, some threads are showing gaps. For example, in one discussion i see archives from the PrPrPr$275$; $up$ $until$ $March$ $2012$, $and$ $then$ $it$ $jumps$ $to$ $the$ $messages$ $sent$ $with$ $the$ $Pre$³. $But$ $none$ $of$ $the$ $message$ $inbetween$ $are$ $visible$.
Note: the messages ARE in the database.
- They were correctly backup from the PrPrPr$275$; $to$ $the$ $Palm$ $Profile$ $before$ $migrating$,
- They were correctly restored to the Pre³.
- If I dump the messages using export-messages, the messages ARE THERE
- They just didn't show up inside the messaging app.
Note: Back when I upgraded the PrPrPr$275$; $from$ $1$.$4$.$5$ $to$ $2$.$2$.$4$, $I$ $used$ this tool by rcmarvin, so the SMS archive contains SMS dating back from 2010 when my Palm PrPrPr$275$; $still$ $had$ $1$.$3$
This might bring some confusion to the Pre³'s messaging app, although the PrPrPr$275$; $handled$ $it$ $without$ $any$ $problem$, $even$ $after$ $a$ $full$ $erase$/$restore$.
So has anyone seen such "SMS not displayed" problems ? Thank you very much.