Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes
    Few signatures so far.
    Seems the community is giving up.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Signed! But indeed it needs more! I guess a lot of people dont have faith in another petition.. But it doesnt hurt to do it, only takes like 3seconds!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    I'm getting an error when I try to sign.

Anybody else?

"There was an error submitting your form. Please try again later."

I've allowed all scripts, ghostery isn't blocking anything and I switched off ABP. Hey maybe I should try the phone browser! ;-)

I'll try again tomorrow. If anyone has any ideas why it isn't working, let me know.

I was considering a petition for HP to at least facilitate webOS on it's new products after Mattmers asked everyone to email Meg Whitman, but events have moved on. Does anyone think this is still worth doing?

Oh, and if Derek Kessler is reading - an article might help publicise the petition...

All the best - it was 136 signatures when I looked.

The link again:
    https://www.change.org/petitions/lg-...-and-tablets-2
    purplepansy likes this.
    195 this morning. I guess my Weibo worked, I see a small surge of Chinese petition signers.

allen, you might want to retweet it once in a while, just so people who missed it would see it, I'll probably do the same on Weibo. Might want to consider an "official" hashtag as well for the petition?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  5.    #45  
    Toni...posted on TechFanatix.com this morning. Happen to work there. Someone should drop a tip to our competitors/friends webOS nations.
    signed. Like that video too
    Signed!
    Handspring Visor -> Palm III -> Palm Tungsten T2 -> Palm Tungsten T5 -> Palm Lifedrive -> Palm Pre -> HP Veer -> HP Touchpad -> HP Pre3
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Allen, I'm glad you started this petition , because I too love WEBOS. I have signed your petition and also sent it to ALL of my Facebook friends. My FRIENDS = OVER 1,450. So, maybe this will get the ball rolling for you??

Good Luck,

Joe
    Last edited by jteply13; 03/03/2013 at 10:48 AM.
    Signed it.
    oh, yeah, now successfully signed! I'm really hoping LG are hoping for differentiation with webOS in the long term. The fact that HP have licensed webOS rather than an outright sale and retained the back end is good sign too. LG will have the carrier relationships, track record & 'clean hands' that could 'reboot' webOS in the consumer market. In the meantime, they could help get OwOS on the Nexus4...
    Last edited by Preemptive; 03/03/2013 at 07:14 PM. Reason: Finger troubles corrected 'owls' to OwOS.
    Signed- maybe its good for something..
    This thread has strayed from its intended purpose.

Moved posts to here:
    Why webOS Can Succeed With LG
    Just call me Berd.
    Er...

So we still post about the petition here and argue the toss over HP / LG etc via the link, right?

Derek Kessler kindly posted an article referring to this thread. Given that HP announced they were ceasing development of hardware and LG just bought webOS to develop hardware (OK, not phones...yet?), he seems to be very negative.

Why, in the coming months, we will no doubt be patching our TV's from Preware and installing the new enjo Netflix app onto Pre3's & Touchpads! ;-)

I commented on the article in the hope people would sign, but I got all long-winded again. Probably bored people and put them off!

Best wishes and thanks again for the petition.

https://www.change.org/petitions/lg-...-and-tablets-2
    500 or so signatures. Great work.

LG: put Glimpse on webOS tv!
    How hard would it be to get the mobile nations to step up and unite. Yeah I get that everyone has their preferred OS, but honestly aren't we all a family? Don't we all benefit from the innovation that each OS brings to the table. Who would android users bash if their was no webOS? I'm sure that if the nations posted a story on each site asking for their loyal members to sign the petition things would look a lot different to LG. Just a thought, not even sure if their is enough webOS users out there to care, but if their was talk of new hardware how many of them might jump back?
    Looking for guidance on developing email me for some good sources of info please, thanks!
    I wrote it on the Verge...

Please help convince LG to release a webOS phone/tablet | The Verge Forums

Hope one of their editiors would notice it and pick it up.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  17.    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    I wrote it on the Verge...

Please help convince LG to release a webOS phone/tablet | The Verge Forums

Hope one of their editiors would notice it and pick it up.
    Thanks man. Was just thinking of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by bradleyculbertson View Post
    How hard would it be to get the mobile nations to step up and unite. Yeah I get that everyone has their preferred OS, but honestly aren't we all a family? Don't we all benefit from the innovation that each OS brings to the table. Who would android users bash if their was no webOS? I'm sure that if the nations posted a story on each site asking for their loyal members to sign the petition things would look a lot different to LG. Just a thought, not even sure if their is enough webOS users out there to care, but if their was talk of new hardware how many of them might jump back?
    They bash iOS. Go to www.androidcentral.com.....there's a ton of those threads.
    +1
    Signed
    Haven't given up!
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Signed.

Thanks for your work Allen.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast