Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    signed. Palm Pixi, HP Veer, HP Touchpad, 2 LCD LG TV's, 1 LG Blueray
    +1 signature.

I really want to see palm-OS succeed.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedygi View Post
    I think Palm OS is just fine. IIRC there were lots of retail scanners and such using the OS, and devices using it sold well back in the days. Unfortunately, these days it's just too old in comparison to everything else (except maybe Symbian).
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Signing as we speak. I'd drop the iPhone so fast for new webos
    allen832008 likes this.
  6.    #26  
    Well, first 100 signatures down! Thanks guys!
    Just petitioned
    signed. need 1000's of petitions though
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    just 19,893 more to go :-)
    allen832008 likes this.
    All signed up.

I'm a bit pessimistic about the odds, so hopefully something can come about. Normally I'm an Optimist, but when I heard of the sale (and webOS's use for a TV), I figured this was one more nail in the coffin.

Hopefully my intuition is wrong, because I still think webOS is far superior to what's out there - app base notwithstanding. I've helped out friends (who are generally computer illiterate), try to figure out their ipads, and all its' led me to believe how advanced / intuitive webOS is. As for Android, I don't get the fascination - it's mostly baubles - at least that's how I see it.

Let me put it on Weibo... there's a surprising webOS population in China.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    davidtm and hunland like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedygi View Post
    +1 signature.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    Palm OS already did... 20 years ago.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    I signed. While I'm one who thinks the sale to LG is the final nail in the coffin when it comes to webOS as we know it and want it, I'd love to be wrong.
  14.    #34  
    @tonicipriano Go for it!
    I signed, but I can't see how we'll ever get anywhere near 20k. Hope I'm wrong though!
    i still think more work needs to be done to nativly leech apps from another os's eco-systems, new hardware isnt much use if you cant do anything with it and it ends up with considerably less apps than the touchpad originally had.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  17.    #37  
    I agree, but its a chicken/egg scenario. Without hardware, or at least the promise of it, no dev is gonna spend much time on anything other than maybe a patch here and there.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Signed
    LG Q3 2012 financial results: 14 million phones shipped, $20m profit

If this article is to be believed, LG sold about 14 million phones last year, of which approximately half were Android smartphones. That's a lot of phones, but really pretty pathetic compared to the likes of Samsung or HTC. Do you really think this company is going to put in the time and effort to release a WebOS phone, when they barely managed to be an also ran with the most popular OS in the world?
    Meanwhile HP is putting in effort to make Android tablets, while their past tablets (in addition to the TouchPad) weren't all that hot in sales. Your point?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast