webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Upcoming & Rumored webOS Devices > PILOT 2.0, Project "Eden" and Open WebOS... The Saga Continues.
PILOT 2.0, Project "Eden" and Open WebOS... The Saga Continues.
  Closed Thread
Like Tree44Likes

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02/17/2013, 05:56 AM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
chris3illiams's Avatar
 
Posts: 138
What's up guys! I'm back and I would like to thank everyone for their contributions to the future that we aimed for. Last time I spoke with you guys we were working on a device that we felt was not only ideal, but the de-facto solution to all of our wireless webOS woes (Say that 3 times fast).

At the end of March/beginning of early April I hope your are pleased with the progress me and my colleagues have made in bringing you the ultimate device. I've been working tirelessly day in and day out on what I believe will shake the entire nerd community up and I'm hoping with a little hope from you we can continue to do what we love. We've spent a lot of time (and money) on ensuring we were making the right moves and I can't wait for your feedback. The future that I envisioned long ago is finally coming to fruition! Hold on to your nuts (or ovaries) cause its about to get a little crazy.

We have some amazing hardware and an incredible, useful set of software features coming to you really soon. Don't count me out quite yet. PILOT will be in your hands sooner than you think. We are the first American company to ever try something so bold, especially at a time like this. We've spent a good amount of time creating a wonderful dynamic checkout process for those who want to purchase a device. We hope to have some videos up soon of our entire journey as well as a Q&A to answer any questions with our product and goals.

I'm fortunate to have my only son born two weeks ago. It put a little dent into my schedule, but I'm back to work full time. See you guys at the finish line
chris3illiams is offline  
Liked by Vistaus and Onanii like this.
Thanked by kataran, Vistaus
Old 02/17/2013, 06:12 AM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
laingman's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,308
Cool
laingman is offline  
Old 02/17/2013, 07:55 AM   #3 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer
 
Posts: 2,187
eerm, what is he talking about?
Saga...continue...eden...company...checkout process...finishing line...and for those who missed it PILOT is longtime released: Palm (PDA) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
__________________
Patch Enhancing vCard Export -|- Your own cloud with Zarafa (EAS sync) -|-
Tasks-app of 2.x on 3.x incl.EAS sync -|- SYM key in Enyo on phones -|- My hidden webOS Tips and Tricks - like it ?
gizmo21 is offline  
Liked by ananimus likes this.
Old 02/17/2013, 09:00 AM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 75
Im afraid desperation got me excited again.. Chris can you tell a bit more about what you are cooking up?

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
g.vos is offline  
Liked by chris3illiams and Onanii like this.
Old 02/17/2013, 09:27 AM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
GMMan's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,136
Well, let's hope you're actually doing something. We'll be expecting lots of photographic evidence, and non of that 10-second dark room stuff.

For those who don't know, chris3illiams is the guy behind "the other" hardware development project (not PIC): We are carrying WebOS into the future.. I'd take everything he says with more than a grain of salt.

The guy's only going to release a video around April, so this thread is a perfect chance to stir up interest before crashing and burning, if it even lasts that long. Does this sound like ACL to you?

BTW, we'd like to be called the tech community, not nerd community. Do you consider consumers nerds?
__________________
Contact: @GMMan_BZFlag (me on Twitter)
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline  
Liked by ShiftyAxel, Garrett92C and Remy X like this.
Old 02/17/2013, 10:05 AM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 364
Preparations for April Fool's Day?
Pilotovef is offline  
Liked by Garrett92C and GMMan like this.
Old 02/17/2013, 01:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer
 
Garrett92C's Avatar
 
Posts: 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
I'd take everything he says with more than a grain of salt.
That's pretty generous. I know that I won't believe a single word out of the guy's mouth until he provides real video proof of what he has. I say "real" video because he already tried passing a fake video before.

Chris has a ton of work to do to get people's trust back.
__________________
Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.

Last edited by Garrett92C; 02/17/2013 at 01:53 PM. Reason: typo
Garrett92C is offline  
Old 02/17/2013, 01:50 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
geekpeter's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
Does this sound like ACL to you?
1 can forever promise the other the hardware/software the other needs for eternity? at least it would increase the news/rumour count, something to read is better than nothing, it might be entertaining if nothing else.
__________________
Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
geekpeter is offline  
Thanked By: Vistaus
Old 02/17/2013, 01:57 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris3illiams View Post
What's up guys! I'm back and I would like to thank everyone for their contributions to the future that we aimed for. Last time I spoke with you guys we were working on a device that we felt was not only ideal, but the de-facto solution to all of our wireless webOS woes (Say that 3 times fast).

At the end of March/beginning of early April I hope your are pleased with the progress me and my colleagues have made in bringing you the ultimate device. I've been working tirelessly day in and day out on what I believe will shake the entire nerd community up and I'm hoping with a little hope from you we can continue to do what we love. We've spent a lot of time (and money) on ensuring we were making the right moves and I can't wait for your feedback. The future that I envisioned long ago is finally coming to fruition! Hold on to your nuts (or ovaries) cause its about to get a little crazy.

We have some amazing hardware and an incredible, useful set of software features coming to you really soon. Don't count me out quite yet. PILOT will be in your hands sooner than you think. We are the first American company to ever try something so bold, especially at a time like this. We've spent a good amount of time creating a wonderful dynamic checkout process for those who want to purchase a device. We hope to have some videos up soon of our entire journey as well as a Q&A to answer any questions with our product and goals.

I'm fortunate to have my only son born two weeks ago. It put a little dent into my schedule, but I'm back to work full time. See you guys at the finish line
k.
__________________
http://www.twitter.com/DeadTechnology - All things geeky (mostly Palm)
http://www.twitter.com/oneminutecubs - All things Cubs
mgbmusic is offline  
Old 02/17/2013, 03:19 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
chris3illiams's Avatar
 
Posts: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by g.vos View Post
Im afraid desperation got me excited again.. Chris can you tell a bit more about what you are cooking up?

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
Sure. We used what we learned from Eden and some help from GitHub, to cook up something we thought felt right. Our #1 goal is making the software useable, with hardware that has already proven itself to be more than a compatible basis for any modern computing. We call our device PILOT, just like the original. It's a throwback to the better days of Palm. Our (old) reference platform is still the most refreshing take on any mobile computing platform. No device looks like PILOT and we hope to keep it that way.
chris3illiams is offline  
Old 02/17/2013, 03:23 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
chris3illiams's Avatar
 
Posts: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
That's pretty generous. I know that I won't believe a single word out of the guy's mouth until he provides real video proof of what he has. I say "real" video because he already tried passing a fake video before.

Chris has a ton of work to do to get people's trust back.
No video is fake. A moving motion picture is based in reality. Like I stated a million times before, that was a prototype to how the device is supposed to function. My wife took that video, who is a real person (and a damn hot one too).

Last edited by chris3illiams; 02/17/2013 at 03:40 PM.
chris3illiams is offline  
Old 02/17/2013, 03:30 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
GMMan's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,136
OK. Speaking about GitHub, do you guys have a repo on there? It'd be good if we can see what actual progress you've made.

Also, what's changed with your hardware design? It's almost a year since we last heard from you, and the mobile industry has been moving forward. How does your device compare to, say, a Nexus 4? Galaxy S3? Lumia phones? Blackberry Z10? You say it's your old reference platform. Has anything changed at all since last year?

BTW, I don't remember what reference designs you guys were working with, but do you have working drivers for all the components of the phone? Also, as everyone knows, Open webOS is missing some core apps and services. What do you guys plan to do about Synergy and cloud services? Are you going to use Open webOS Professional? Where are we going to get apps? Do we have to wait until ACL comes out?
__________________
Contact: @GMMan_BZFlag (me on Twitter)
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline  
Old 02/17/2013, 03:35 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
GMMan's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris3illiams View Post
No video is fake. A moving motion picture is based in reality. Like I stated a million times before, that was a prototype to how the device is supposed to function. My wife took that video, who is a real person (and a damn not one too).
Yeah, sure. A moving motion picture can also be computer generated and processed, just like the CG movies out there. IIRC, the video was too dark to make out the details of the device, and therefore could not be verified whether it's an existing device or something new.
__________________
Contact: @GMMan_BZFlag (me on Twitter)
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline  
Old 02/17/2013, 03:35 PM   #14 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer
 
Garrett92C's Avatar
 
Posts: 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris3illiams View Post
No video is fake. A moving motion picture is based in reality. Like I stated a million times before, that was a prototype to how the device is supposed to function. My wife took that video, who is a real person (and a damn not one too).


Relax buddy. No need to go back to that debate again.

Honestly though, I hope you come up with something this time. It would be nice to have new hardware that people could buy. Good luck...
__________________
Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.

Last edited by Garrett92C; 02/17/2013 at 03:42 PM.
Garrett92C is offline  
Old 02/17/2013, 03:43 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 996
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris3illiams View Post
Our (old) reference platform is still the most refreshing take on any mobile computing platform.
Well I must be late to the party on this one. Do you have a landing page somewhere showing the old reference platform?
ananimus is offline  
Old 02/17/2013, 03:44 PM   #16 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer
 
Garrett92C's Avatar
 
Posts: 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by ananimus View Post
Well I must be late to the party on this one. Do you have a landing page somewhere showing the old reference platform?
Project "Eden" and Development
We are carrying WebOS into the future.
__________________
Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
Garrett92C is offline  
Old 02/17/2013, 03:50 PM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 996
Oh, I know the thread. Just thought that after so many months there might be a page since this project's apparently still been -rolling on.
ananimus is offline  
Old 02/17/2013, 04:13 PM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
chris3illiams's Avatar
 
Posts: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post


Relax buddy. No need to go back to that debate again.

Honestly though, I hope you come up with something this time. It would be nice to have new hardware that people could buy. Good luck...
Thank you.
chris3illiams is offline  
Old 02/17/2013, 04:26 PM   #19 (permalink)
Developer
 
rwhitby's Avatar
 
Posts: 10,568
Here is the most recent exchange that I had with Mr Williams. Draw your own conclusions about his veracity.





[You can examine this thread for yourself at https://twitter.com/webosinternals/s...8572700975104]

-- Rod
__________________
WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
All donations go back into development.
www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals

Last edited by rwhitby; 02/17/2013 at 04:32 PM.
rwhitby is offline  
Liked by HelloNNNewman, Isandunk and Garrett92C like this.
Old 02/17/2013, 04:33 PM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
geekpeter's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,687
sounds classy, think he likes you, hes definatly got a silver tongue, i was honestly expecting some "your mum" type of joke towards the end, shocked there wasnt.
__________________
Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
geekpeter is offline  
Liked by Garrett92C likes this.
Closed Thread

 

Tags
hardware, pilot, webos

Thread Tools
Display Modes



 


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0