webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Upcoming & Rumored webOS Devices > PILOT 2.0, Project "Eden" and Open WebOS... The Saga Continues.
PILOT 2.0, Project "Eden" and Open WebOS... The Saga Continues.
  Closed Thread
Like Tree44Likes

Old 02/17/2013, 03:43 PM   #21 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
Here is the most recent exchange that I had with Mr Williams. Draw your own conclusions about his veracity.

[You can examine this thread for yourself at https://twitter.com/webosinternals/s...8572700975104]

-- Rod
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
sounds classy, think he likes you, hes definatly got a silver tongue, i was honestly expecting some "your mum" type of joke towards the end, shocked there wasnt.
I still think the best thing Chris should do first is hire a PR guy to handle ALL interaction with the community. He's obviously not a people person. lol
Old 02/17/2013, 03:47 PM   #22 (permalink)
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
I still think the best thing Chris should do first is hire a PR guy to handle ALL interaction with the community. He's obviously not a people person. lol
He also needs to understand that this community does not forget broken promises, or attempts to fraudulently garner false hope.

It's clear that this is a person who's only purpose for being on this forum is to stir up false hope, and then sit back laughing at those who follow his nonexistent "projects".

-- Rod
www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
Liked by Garrett92C likes this.
Old 02/17/2013, 03:51 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
OK. Speaking about GitHub, do you guys have a repo on there? It'd be good if we can see what actual progress you've made.

Also, what's changed with your hardware design? It's almost a year since we last heard from you, and the mobile industry has been moving forward. How does your device compare to, say, a Nexus 4? Galaxy S3? Lumia phones? Blackberry Z10? You say it's your old reference platform. Has anything changed at all since last year?

BTW, I don't remember what reference designs you guys were working with, but do you have working drivers for all the components of the phone? Also, as everyone knows, Open webOS is missing some core apps and services. What do you guys plan to do about Synergy and cloud services? Are you going to use Open webOS Professional? Where are we going to get apps? Do we have to wait until ACL comes out?
Our old reference platform would be almost 3 years old by now, as you know in technology thats lightyears. We've gone with something very modern, sleek and more importantly quick. We've piggybacked on some work done by PIC and webOSports (Shout out to Steve). Together with Open Mobile, we should have plenty of apps to fill out the platform. We have our own proprietary solution to fill in a few gaps left in the system and we believe its enough to make the platform more than enjoyable.
Old 02/17/2013, 03:55 PM   #24 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
He also needs to understand that this community does not forget broken promises, or attempts to fraudulently garner false hope.

It's clear that this is a person who's only purpose for being on this forum is to stir up false hope, and then sit back laughing at those who follow his nonexistent "projects".

-- Rod
Agreed. He should've brought solid evidence of what he's working on before even coming back to these forums. This is just more of the same.
Old 02/17/2013, 03:59 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:

-- Rod
You need to understand that you don't speak for everyone in this forum. You literally just stirred up a bunch of nonsense, while claiming I'm the one who stirs up the nonsense?
Old 02/17/2013, 03:59 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Nah, that would just suck all the realism out. I'm here for the long haul.
Old 02/17/2013, 04:09 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
To exist is to be something, as distinguished from the nothing of non-existence, it is to be an entity of a specific nature made of specific attributes. Centuries ago, the man who was--no matter what his errors--the greatest of your philosophers, has stated the formula defining the concept of existence and the rule of all knowledge: A is A. A thing is itself. You have never grasped the meaning of his statement. I am here to complete it: Existence is Identity, Consciousness is Identification.
Unfortunately your "Eden" has only demonstrated having half an existence: It's been identified without ever possessing an identity. That's a terrible and insidious thing. Until there's an Engine for the world to see, you are not John Galt, chris3illiams.

And I would thank you to not insult those such as Rod who have not only understood the Engine, but have built it as well.
Old 02/17/2013, 04:28 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris3illiams View Post
Together with Open Mobile, we should have plenty of apps to fill out the platform.
I almost choked when I read this.

Quote:
I think we all know I think you're an *****, get over it. You make it seem like you didn't deserve that?
I highly doubt your familiarity with our community. Even bigger doubt when coupled with the first quoted statement, unless you're working on something similar to ACL on your own.

Since you are basing your work off of webOS Ports and PIC, can we see some source code?
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
Old 02/17/2013, 04:30 PM   #29 (permalink)
Developer

Quote:
Perhaps Mr Williams is "doubling down" on OpenMobile and a release is imminent "in the coming months".

-- Rod
Liked by dkirker, dr3wster, brandongoeszoom and 2 others like this.
Thanked By: dr3wster
Old 02/17/2013, 04:35 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
I think the community, when shown the facts of the matter, are very capable of seeing through the BS, speaking for themselves, and judging others by both their words and inactions.

-- Rod
This is still you talking for the entire community, pay attention.
Old 02/17/2013, 04:37 PM   #31 (permalink)
Developer

You've made the choice to come back to this forum with more unfounded promises. You could have just remained silent until you had a product ready. The onus of proof (especially considering your past behaviour) is on you. You should not be surprised that you are being called to task on this.

-- Rod
Liked by sledge007 likes this.
Old 02/17/2013, 04:38 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
You wouldn't be the first, or the last.
Old 02/17/2013, 04:39 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
This is still you talking for the entire community, pay attention.
not many could do that, but in all fairness, hes way up there any way you look at it.
Thanked by mgbmusic, Vistaus
Old 02/17/2013, 04:41 PM   #34 (permalink)
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
not many could do that, but in all fairness, hes way up there any way you look at it.
Noone does or should represent the whole community, but there are many in the community who are watchful of the snake oil salesmen.

-- Rod
Old 02/17/2013, 04:44 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
It was important to warn people of your previous antics. Especially so, considering you're back again claiming the same thing with no proof.
That was 6 months ago, and specifically for goofy and no one else. So yeah, not only is it foul and unnecessary, but put yourself in my shoes for a second. I have a lot of people's futures I'm gambling with.
Old 02/17/2013, 04:47 PM   #36 (permalink)

WARNING:
OK folks....

We all know there is a 'history' here with these promises. BUT, please do not troll for negative comments. We encourage constructive comments and discussions and not everyone (to say the least) will agree with the OP's claims. But let's be sure to keep thinks civil when posting. Personal insults, and trolling comments will be removed and continued insults will cause member accounts to be infracted.

Please keep the discussion polite. If you see a rude/insulting comment please hit the "report" button.

Thanks!

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules

Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 02/17/2013 at 05:01 PM.
Liked by kataran, geekpeter and chris3illiams like this.
Old 02/17/2013, 05:05 PM   #37 (permalink)
Developer

Quote:
That was 6 months ago
This is the third round in a recurring pattern of behaviour over the last 12 months.

-- Rod
www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
Old 02/17/2013, 05:13 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
This is the third round in a recurring pattern of behaviour over the last 12 months.

-- Rod
Agreed. You lost, so move on. You can b***h on Twitter some more if you want but it's not recommended. I'm here all week old dude.
Old 02/17/2013, 05:14 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
... I'm here all week old dude.
No you're not... we tried.

<thread closed>

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules

Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 02/17/2013 at 05:23 PM.
Liked by berdinkerdickle, bevcraw, gizmo21 and 10 others like this.
Closed Thread

Tags
hardware, pilot, webos

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0