webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Upcoming & Rumored webOS Devices > Company Allows You to Build Your Own Hardware Phone!
Company Allows You to Build Your Own Hardware Phone!
Like Tree5Likes

Old 11/14/2012, 05:33 PM   #1 (permalink)

So apparently there is a company in the UK claiming to make custom phones with internals that you choose (that are compatible). The website has only a few working webpages but the important ones are:

Intro Page
"Ever wanted to build your own customized smartphone by selecting your own internal parts? Now, you can! DylRicho.com is proud to introduce the world's first fully-customizable smartphone, the INFINITUS™; coming soon!"

INFINITUS™ U
Chipset
  • Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Prime MSM8974
  • Quad-core
  • Cortex-A15
  • Qualcomm Krait @ 2.50GHz
  • Qualcomm Adreno 320 graphics
Old 11/14/2012, 05:37 PM   #2 (permalink)

Very interesting...
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/14/2012, 10:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

LOL bet it costs almost as much as these ones, but ain't half as purty.

Pro Tip: click the pic for a story...
RumoredNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/15/2012, 12:23 AM   #4 (permalink)

I remember hearing (or clicking the ad) about a phone that was completely Linux driven and the OS can be used on any hardware combination. It wasn't Linux, and frankly I don't remember what it was called. (I do remember their color scheme was orange.) I wonder if they're still around. This was around 2006 or so.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/15/2012, 09:53 AM   #5 (permalink)

=(

Last edited by TJs10thPre; 11/27/2012 at 11:42 AM. Reason: powertrip mod hurt my feelings
TJs11thPre is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: RumoredNow
Old 11/15/2012, 10:33 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJs10thPre View Post
THIS APPEARS TO BE A PHISHING SITE. my computer is telling me the site tried to install offline content; aka a virus/malware.

I DON'T RECOMMEND GOING THERE, AND WHOEVER CLICKED ON THIS HERE MAY BE DUE FOR A VIRUS SCAN AT THE LEAST POSSIBLY A SMACK IN THE GRILLE AT MOST. Dee, i think you been duped! check your machine asap.
I have not had that problem.
Old 11/15/2012, 01:11 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJs10thPre View Post
THIS APPEARS TO BE A PHISHING SITE. my computer is telling me the site tried to install offline content; aka a virus/malware.

I DON'T RECOMMEND GOING THERE, AND WHOEVER CLICKED ON THIS HERE MAY BE DUE FOR A VIRUS SCAN AT THE LEAST POSSIBLY A SMACK IN THE GRILLE AT MOST. Dee, i think you been duped! check your machine asap.
Nothing blew up on my end and most sites will use offline content (aka cookies)
webos_ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/15/2012, 02:52 PM   #8 (permalink)

when you click on the home page it tells you that the site uses cookies, cant imagine they would advertise it if it i was malicious.
spcecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/15/2012, 02:57 PM   #9 (permalink)

Not sure why a site would be prompting for 'storing data on your computer for off-line use". It could simply be for Flash or HTML5 items... or it could be something bad. Dunno

Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot_4.png (171.0 KB, 214 views) Email Attachment

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules

Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 11/15/2012 at 03:05 PM.
HelloNNNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/15/2012, 03:14 PM   #10 (permalink)

<edited> More than likely it's what the Neumorator said. Can't you do a site search on Symantec's (and others I'm sure) website?
Keyring converters for CSV, eWallet, & CodeWallet
Touchpad patches:Keyring HD,ClassicNote HD, YouTube HD (for 2.1 app), Show email recipient addresses for contacts
Phone patches: Forums fixes and enhancements patch, Weather Channel fix
All-device patches: Update GlobalSign certs, Google Sync https fix, Yahoo contact sync fix

Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 11/23/2012 at 10:44 PM.
Grabber5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/15/2012, 05:38 PM   #11 (permalink)

Seems legit.
/s
My OneDrive referral link: OneDrive
xandros9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/19/2012, 10:10 PM   #12 (permalink)

Is it me or is every major website out there telling you they use cookies? Wasn't it well known at least 10 years ago?
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
Old 11/19/2012, 11:32 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
Is it me or is every major website out there telling you they use cookies? Wasn't it well known at least 10 years ago?
I think that was well known even 15 years ago, but with the Facebook (persistant past logout) tracking cookie freakout, and the time when Google used a 'form submit' to force-set cookies on browsers set to "Do Not Track", some sites try to tread carefully in that regard now and not have some paranoid user come after them
Remy X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11/20/2012, 12:57 AM   #14 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
I think that was well known even 15 years ago, but with the Facebook (persistant past logout) tracking cookie freakout, and the time when Google used a 'form submit' to force-set cookies on browsers set to "Do Not Track", some sites try to tread carefully in that regard now and not have some paranoid user come after them
To the paranoid, they should probably know about this: evercookie - virtually irrevocable persistent cookies

Chances are, most if not all of the paranoid already have cookies of this sort on their system since this technique was published some time back. If someone or some company/organization really wants to track you, they already are and good luck getting rid of it.
dignitary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/20/2012, 01:14 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
- Storing cookies in RGB values of auto-generated, force-cached PNGs using HTML5 Canvas tag to read pixels (cookies) back out
Woah! Good one

Haven't heard of the Evercookie project, but i have come across someone talking about cookies coming back in IE after they have been deleted and the person being told to just download Chrome and go from there... must have been that, or another similar script...

Now back to the topic, that sounds like an electronics prototyping shop type business, trying to diversify their client base a bit. Nice find!
...or maybe a guy who works at one of those places, and trying to find his own clients... in any case he hasn't been paying attention to his half-built site...

Last edited by Remy X; 11/20/2012 at 01:20 AM.
Remy X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11/20/2012, 01:57 AM   #16 (permalink)
cgk

They are telling you they use cookies because a recent change in data handling laws means they must give you the option.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express
cgk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/20/2012, 09:48 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
All I will say, is you would be surprised by what people don't know and think they know, and I get to talk to them every day.
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/20/2012, 12:08 PM   #18 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

RumoredNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/20/2012, 11:11 PM   #19 (permalink)

=(

<staff edit>

Last edited by TJs10thPre; 11/27/2012 at 11:43 AM.
TJs11thPre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/21/2012, 12:15 AM   #20 (permalink)

Meh. Stuff like cookies are common. Some of us don't care to meticulously manage site tracking. Regularly whatever warning shouldn't come up, but since you're using something to one way or another show the site's actions, of course you get the warning and most of us don't.

Anyway, I don't think people want to "hack" into your computer. I do get the odd firewall warning once in a while, but it's not like the entire internet is after you. They're more likely to social engineer you into downloading something.
Liked by Remy X likes this.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0