webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Upcoming & Rumored webOS Devices > Company Allows You to Build Your Own Hardware Phone!
Company Allows You to Build Your Own Hardware Phone!
Like Tree5Likes

Old 11/21/2012, 11:31 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
[snip]
Anyway, I don't think people want to "hack" into your computer. I do get the odd firewall warning once in a while, but it's not like the entire internet is after you. They're more likely to social engineer you into downloading something.
[/snip]
Yup. More often than not, naked ladies are involved

I'm not too worried about stumbling onto an infected site anymore. It's been three years since i last had a piece of "drive-by download" malware, and nothing else since. A router and an up-to-date copy of Chrome Canary has served me well...

I'd think the paranoia is unwarranted, however i am concerned about what will start happening when webOS devices become an attractive target, with an outdated browser, an outdated copy of Flash, and an email client that automatically displays images. It's not the same as a copy of Windows security-wise, but still, it'd be naive to think that nothing will ever happen.
Remy X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11/22/2012, 12:50 AM   #22 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
...i am concerned about what will start happening when webOS devices become an attractive target, with an outdated browser, an outdated copy of Flash, and an email client that automatically displays images. It's not the same as a copy of Windows security-wise, but still, it'd be naive to think that nothing will ever happen.
I see pop up ads for iPhones
RumoredNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Remy X likes this.
Old 11/24/2012, 12:07 AM   #23 (permalink)

I got two viruses in the past year, but I find it more fun getting them off my computer then anything else. But thats when I decided to dual boot Ubuntu 12.04, no worries there. Also the site seems basic and very general but I hope it is real and they will cost a reasonable price. I dont need a super fast quad core cpu, dual core will do, but atleast want 724 mb of ram. So here is what I want:

1.5ghz dual core
724mb-1gb of ram
8-16 gb storage
4G
5mp camera with flash and auto focus. 720p video
physical keyboard
3.5-4 inch screen with 225+ ppi

no more then $550
mattmers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/24/2012, 12:45 PM   #24 (permalink)

i thought i got a virus, but after cleaning my computer it turns out one of my RAM sticks were failing.
just sent it out for an RMA yesterday.
My OneDrive referral link: OneDrive
xandros9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/30/2012, 11:04 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmers View Post
I got two viruses in the past year, but I find it more fun getting them off my computer then anything else. But thats when I decided to dual boot Ubuntu 12.04, no worries there. Also the site seems basic and very general but I hope it is real and they will cost a reasonable price. I dont need a super fast quad core cpu, dual core will do, but atleast want 724 mb of ram. So here is what I want:

1.5ghz dual core
724mb-1gb of ram
8-16 gb storage
4G
5mp camera with flash and auto focus. 720p video
physical keyboard
3.5-4 inch screen with 225+ ppi

no more then $550
I currently have duel booted Arch Linux and Windows using GRUB, me being a computer geek and have tried to find a simple and good Ububtu/Linux Operating System. I've found that Ububtu is often glitchy and bad. Just put arch linux on your computer, once you use it you will never go back to glitchy Ubuntu. As a reply to your computer specs: That would be even ****tier then my 1998 IBM Thinkpad running Arch Linux, if you think that computer is good then you're crazy, I have around 6gbs of RAM and use about 1 gb of it when I'm not running Steam, Minecraft, Video Editor, e.c.t. When I'm using those all together I use about 4gb of my RAM (Minecraft Taking Up Most Of It.)

Sorry for the nasty language.
-Ean
Eantheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/30/2012, 11:15 AM   #26 (permalink)

there are some other similar vendors like this one though it is way too expensive and more veerish in size.
we could also get something from here but this would be more phxdevice spectrum I assume.

But I assume their pricing is about the same, i.e. out of average Joe's league.
krushaaa is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0