1.    #1  
    Any chance to get this new great, Open WebOS ported on the Xperia S, I just got one as a gift, but really really DO NOT LIKE ANDROID , so still using my palm pre 2 running webOS 2.2.4

PLEASE someone work on this one..
    I donít know about Sonyís manufacturing skills, but I would also be interested, especially because NXT series also has phones with small screens! Open webOS just started, so I donít expect positive answer on this soon Ö but hopes are high :-)
    webOS is simply fabulous
    ó
    TouchPadís Virtual Keyboard Layouts: http://forums.webosnation.com/member...d-layouts.html
    in isagar2004ís post: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...rrow-keys.html
    Pretty sure Sony locks down their bootloaders (company wide policy), but I could be wrong on that...

We know for certain they are hard core about the Playstation line, can't imagine they would have a different policy for mobile.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    no, sorry. sony is more open than people are talking about.

have a look at
    Unlocking the boot loader | Sony Xperia

the only requirement fo unlock the bootloader is, it must be a unbranded phone.

i hope webos will booting sometimes on my xperia mini pro. my touchpad 4g feels so lonely since my veer pre2 has gone...
    Quote Originally Posted by fibric View Post
    no, sorry. sony is more open than people are talking about.

have a look at
    Unlocking the boot loader | Sony Xperia

the only requirement fo unlock the bootloader is, it must be a unbranded phone.

i hope webos will booting sometimes on my xperia mini pro. my touchpad 4g feels so lonely since my veer pre2 has gone...
    No Sony is horrible. I took a look at your link and their claim to being open. They only allow you to unlock the bootloader on certain phones with no way to revert your phone back to its original state. Meaning it is a one way road full of risk. If you mess something up there is no way to restart from scratch. They do not support openness at all they just sometimes allow it.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    one of the answer is "Pretty sure Sony locks down their bootloaders (company wide policy), but I could be wrong on that.." and i just said no sorry. i dont get it why you try to blame because of sonys general behavior... are you some kind of "open" police officer?
    Having looked at the link, it's certainly possible. May be worth keeping an eye on XDA to see how far they get along with it as then you can gauge when/if it may be possible to go ahead with porting attempts.

As for Drahgon's comments, unlocking of the bootloader tends to void warranty regardless, Sony are just being very honest about what may happen, it just means "You may brick your phone and if we can recover it for you, it may not be cheap". So don't be disheartened just yet.
    Nokia Lumia 920 (daily driver ) - HP TouchPad 32Gb (in daily use) - TouchPad 16Gb (out on loan to a friend) - Pre 3 (AT&T - unlocked) - Pre3 (EU - dev mule) - Veer Panda (AT&T - unlocked, dunno what I'm gonna do with it) - Pre (much abused n stored for sentimental reasons)
    Wasn't Motorola moving forward with a big open initiative lately? That might be good to turn attention towards.
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
    Quote Originally Posted by kevets View Post
    Wasn't Motorola moving forward with a big open initiative lately? That might be good to turn attention towards.
    Yeah, they're following HTC who are providing the bootloader unlock for devices. Should I mention the HTC Sensation runs virtually the same chipset as the TouchPad? (NB: By virtually I mean there are differences so don't get all uppity on me)
    Nokia Lumia 920 (daily driver ) - HP TouchPad 32Gb (in daily use) - TouchPad 16Gb (out on loan to a friend) - Pre 3 (AT&T - unlocked) - Pre3 (EU - dev mule) - Veer Panda (AT&T - unlocked, dunno what I'm gonna do with it) - Pre (much abused n stored for sentimental reasons)
    I wonder if the required drivers for moto stuff are available, and would even be useable for open webos. I think they may just be making binaries available, not the source files.

if only open webos had a hardware manufacturer that could provide drivers for an open source device... ... ... HP, this is where you get a fully open source device ready to release when noones looking.
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html