View Poll Results: Which webOS Devices Do You Own?

Voters
158. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pixi

6 3.80%
  • Pixi +

19 12.03%
  • Pre

48 30.38%
  • Pre +

41 25.95%
  • Pre 2

60 37.97%
  • Pre 3

92 58.23%
  • Veer

48 30.38%
  • TouchPad

121 76.58%
  • Go

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes
  1.    #1  
    Everyone who reads around here knows that Internals promises nothing about OpenSource being ported to legacy phone hardware... Or Touchpad, Go, or anything for that matter be it Android, Amazon or Alien...

But what devices do you have?

Maybe someone (please) will consider trying to port Open Source to legacy devices or developing Meta-Doctor scripts for same...

What sort of numbers are we talking here? I can only allow polling to let you vote for each device, not tally numbers of each if you own 3 Pixi's, 2 Pre 3's and 5 TouchPads or whatever... Your vote would be Pixi/Pre 3/TouchPad...

So vote once for each device you own... You can vote for more than one, but once you finalize your vote you are locked out.

Chime in with a post about which you have, which you use on a regular basis and other hopes for getting some Open Goodness to your legacy devices.

Maybe some Devs will read this.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    I've got a TouchPad. Running LunaCE, and I'm not quite sure wether I like it better than stock. Some features are cool, but there's a couple of really annoying bugs (such as I have got a wTerm I can't close because the wave launcher screwed up and didn't put the app in the cards list). Oh well, that's why it's in beta.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    My battery of devices:

Pre, Pre+, Pre2, Pre3, TouchPad x3, PlayBook, iPad 2, HTC EVO 4G
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    RumoredNow likes this.
  4.    #4  
    For myself I have a Pre 2 and a Veer...

I'm hopeful 2.x devices might get some trickle down benefit... Not holding my breath though. It seems Open Source will draw heavily from 3.x although if I read correctly when LunaCE came out there are phone bits in there.

Mobile Nations Devotee
  5.    #5  
    LOL I see that 10 have voted and that there are 26 devices totaled up.

At 2.6 per user I now know conclusively that I am behind in the arms race.

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    LOL I see that 10 have voted and that there are 26 devices totaled up.

At 2.6 per user I now know conclusively that I am behind in the arms race.
    "race"? more like the arms walk

heck, you're 200% ahead of me
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    RumoredNow likes this.
    Well, if someone were to take each module one by one and cross compile it to armv7 for PrePlus, Pre2, Pre3, Veer, and Touchpad, and armv6 for PixiPlus. Then switch the newly compiled binaries for the old.

I am playing around with this concept, on the Touchpad... Nothing working yet 100%, but the concept...
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    My battery of devices:

Pre, Pre+, Pre2, Pre3, TouchPad x3, PlayBook, iPad 2, HTC EVO 4G
    Yeah... I have an Acer Iconia A200... Ports to non-webOS hardware would be nice too. I obviously can't list all the choices.

I'd like to see a full blown port to my tablet. Not dual boot. Reflash to webOS.

15 votes and 43 devices... that's like 2.87 per. The gap is widening between the haves and the wanna haves.

Mobile Nations Devotee
    xandros9 likes this.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Well technically, I don't own one yet but... I'm getting a Veer very soon
    RumoredNow likes this.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by webos_ftw View Post
    Well technically, I don't own one yet but... I'm getting a Veer very soon
    Here's hoping you like your Veer as much as I like mine... or more!!!

28 votes and 74 devices... that's 2.64 per.

Looks like Pre 3 is edging out Veer by almost 3:1. That surprises me as Veer was the last official release.

Pre 2 and TouchPad are almost neck and neck for the lead...

I'm not sure if these numbers will sway developers or not, but it seems like a good idea (to me at least) that they have an idea to help prioritize where to concentrate efforts. That is, if any efforts are made at all to try and get Open Source onto legacy devices.

I mean, over in the webOS Open Source Devices forum there are people throwing out all kinds of names. That doesn't really help. Some dude wants a port for a Qualimby Whatsis and another for a Squigly Tabthing and one or two others say yeah, me too... That's just sloppy, that is. No accounting accuracy. No show of strength.

It's our OS, were the loyal ones. Our hardware needs a software upgrade. So I thought I'd poll for some numbers and see what legacy devices are getting used most. Provide a place for you to voice your support for legacy hardware.

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Looks like Pre 3 is edging out Veer by almost 3:1. That surprises me as Veer was the last official release.

Pre 2 and TouchPad are almost neck and neck for the lead...
    I'm not surprised since many people were put off by the Veer's size and the Pre3 was pretty much the phone everyone was waiting for.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by xandros9 View Post
    I'm not surprised since many people were put off by the Veer's size and the Pre3 was pretty much the phone everyone was waiting for.
    Right, but as a full production/release device there should be more Veers in the wild than the unfortunately mistreated Pre 3... I know it is the pinnacle of legacy phones and much admired...

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Right, but as a full production/release device there should be more Veers in the wild than the unfortunately mistreated Pre 3... I know it is the pinnacle of legacy phones and much admired...
    Well, there are more Veers in wild, but sadly most are on Amazon... a Veer is about $110 and a Pre 3 is about $300... I want a Pre 3, but I have no money (I'm 14, hurray for labor laws :/), so I'm going to get a Veer... my life goal is to get a Pre Plus, Pixi Plus, Pre 2, Veer, Touchpad, and Pre 3
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    I have a touchpad and a pre3. And have shown the touchpad with LunaCE to a friend with an Ipad 2. Convinced him of selling it and getting a TP with a Synology NAS instead. He also likes the Pre 3.

Have a backup veer as well. And equipped others with pre 2's.
    RumoredNow likes this.
  15.    #15  
    Well, there are more Veers in wild, but sadly most are on Amazon...
    Or Walmart.com...

HP Palm Veer 4G P160 GSM Phone, Black (Unlocked): Cell Phones : Walmart.com

Mobile Nations Devotee
    I'm really contesting on getting a Veer. Just got a Samsung Galaxy SII X, and put Cyanogenmod on it the first day. Not sure if I could return it to factory ROM, and shipping from US to Canada might cost a lot, if they would let me buy it in the first place. Anyone knows if it would work on Telus?
    RumoredNow likes this.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    I'm really contesting on getting a Veer. Just got a Samsung Galaxy SII X, and put Cyanogenmod on it the first day. Not sure if I could return it to factory ROM, and shipping from US to Canada might cost a lot, if they would let me buy it in the first place. Anyone knows if it would work on Telus?
    Amazon will ship to Canada, as long as the item is shipped from their fulfillment centers, and the Veer is , but if I'm understanding Wikipedia (probably not), Telus is a CDMA network, and AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $the$ $Veer$ $is$ $GSM$ $only$
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    I have a Veer, Pre3 and a Touchpad. I bought the Veer for about $255 (€200,-)in August 2011 at Ebay, before all prices went down. Bought the Touchpad in August 2011 for $313 (€244,-) at Ebay. I bought the Pre 3 for 181 (€ 225,-), shipping included from Palm.
    I will keep the Veer as spare. I will never get the amount of money I payd for it.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    Amazon will ship to Canada, as long as the item is shipped from their fulfillment centers, and the Veer is , but if I'm understanding Wikipedia (probably not), Telus is a CDMA network, and AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $the$ $Veer$ $is$ $GSM$ $only$
    Telus runs both CDMA and GSM fyi.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Telus runs both CDMA and GSM fyi.
    add iDEN to have the mega carrier (does anyone use iDEN anymore??)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast