View Poll Results: Which webOS Devices Do You Own?

Voters
158. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pixi

6 3.80%
  • Pixi +

19 12.03%
  • Pre

48 30.38%
  • Pre +

41 25.95%
  • Pre 2

60 37.97%
  • Pre 3

92 58.23%
  • Veer

48 30.38%
  • TouchPad

121 76.58%
  • Go

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes
    lol I forgot...yep IDEN mike phones are still on. Horrible service, imo...
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2Ē about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  2.    #22  
    79 voters with 217 devices... That's 2.75 per...

@GMMan Telus Canada appears to run UMTS on 850/1900 MHz bands, Veer has GSM and HSDPA capability on those bands... I'm not sure what speed you would get if any. It appears to be shared access for Telus, Bell and SaskTel operating on the MCC 302, MNC 880 codes.

I'd ask a Telus rep before making a move.

Or if anyone here knows more...
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    79 voters with 217 devices... That's 2.75 per...
    It's probably more, I only voted the devices I count as mine and not those I purchased. i.e. buying a TP and a veer for my wife.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    RumoredNow likes this.
    My son has a Pre with a broken screen which I canīt find a replacement for (would need to have it shipped to Mexico) otherwise it was still working fine before the screen broke for the second time ...
    Also got myself a Veer and Touchpad and recently scored a used Pre3 from a fellow webosnation member, which I am saving until sonīs birthday when I will give him the Veer (heīs using a dumbphone for now)... sort of still like the small pocket size of the Veer myself, incredibly enough. Probably havenīt played around with the Pre3 enough yet.
    Handspring Visor -> Palm III -> Palm Tungsten T2 -> Palm Tungsten T5 -> Palm Lifedrive -> Palm Pre -> HP Veer -> HP Touchpad -> HP Pre3
    RumoredNow likes this.
    @GMMan The Veer will work on any carrier in Canada that has a GSM network.... which they all do (Big 3 anyway). I used both Veer and Pre3 on BellMo, and as soon as you leave city limits with BellMo, you piggyback onto Telus networks. Part of the deal that was made when Telus went out east to Ontario/Quebec, and when Bell moved out west here.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2Ē about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    It's probably more, I only voted the devices I count as mine and not those I purchased. i.e. buying a TP and a veer for my wife.
    It's definitely more... The poll limits are beyond my control. It can't count your giveaways or your multiples if you own 3 Veers that you rotate through on a regular basis...

The poll is intended to be a rough guide for any Developers who may be paying attention. To provide a basic reference about which legacy devices are seeing the most current use.

Even if no one votes Go, some developer who owns one might still concentrate efforts on Meta-Doctoring Open Source to their Go...

89 voters with 251 devices... 2.82 per.

Mobile Nations Devotee
    I got 2 Veers myself, a TP. I got a spare TP laying around as well.

G/F got 1 Veer and a TP.

Furthermore we still have a hand full of unused Veers as backups
    RumoredNow and Jozz like this.
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    I got 2 Veers myself, a TP. I got a spare TP laying around as well.

G/F got 1 Veer and a TP.

Furthermore we still have a hand full of unused Veers as backups
    Veer hoarder!!!!

Thanks for the vote.

I'm hoping Veer comes on a bit in the rankings. IMHO it needs a bit of upgrade to make it really sing! It's a fine device and should not be left behind...

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Jozz likes this.
    My wife got my Pre. I have three Pre3 (one for usage, one spare and one with a broken display). And I have also two TouchPads (one for me and one for my family). I don't list my older Palm devices (like T|X and other).

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    RumoredNow and Jozz like this.
  10.    #30  
    95 votes for 267 devices... 2.81 per.

I really want a Pre 3. I guess I gotta buy one just to put my number of devices at 3 and be able to feel above average...

Mobile Nations Devotee
    You're above average to us, RumoredNow!
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    You're above average to us, RumoredNow!
    Thanx

104 respondants with 292 devices... 2.81 per.

No one said Go yet? I know there are a couple out there.

Looks like TP is tops with 81 votes (77.88%) followed by Pre 3 (61 votes) and Pre 2 (40 votes)...

Mobile Nations Devotee
    I have 3) pre 3's (all broken)
    1) pre+
    3) touchpads (1 for each family member)

Been using an iphone for about 3 months, but I still miss my pre.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    A surprisingly big number of Pre3 Users.

I got Pre+, Pre3 and Touchpad, so I am pretty much in the average of 3 devices per person
    War doesn't prove who's right, only who's left...
    RumoredNow likes this.
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    Since the webOS Nation forums are full of the most avid enthusiasts, I wonder if that might bias the numbers a bit. We're a population of people who would do almost anything to get the best webOS devices out there, so the high numbers of Pre3s maybe shouldn't be surprising.

I guess the question is: How many old Pre, Pixi, and Veer users are out there that don't frequent the online forum world?
    People with a Pre or Pixi are probably out of contract and have moved on to something else by now, but there may be some people still on a Veer, right?

16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by jlamb0 View Post
    Since the webOS Nation forums are full of the most avid enthusiasts, I wonder if that might bias the numbers a bit. We're a population of people who would do almost anything to get the best webOS devices out there, so the high numbers of Pre3s maybe shouldn't be surprising.

I guess the question is: How many old Pre, Pixi, and Veer users are out there that don't frequent the online forum world?
    People with a Pre or Pixi are probably out of contract and have moved on to something else by now, but there may be some people still on a Veer, right?

Valid points and I did consider the bias inherent in where I located the topic / poll...

But it is here that the effort to support legacy will most likely begin and it is the user base on this board that will most likely beta test and help spread the word...

112 voters with 321 devices... 2.87 per devices per user...

Mobile Nations Devotee
    I have an array of webOS devices:

- Unlocked GSM Palm Pre 2 ($100)
    - Black HP Veer 4G 2.1.2 ($60)
    - Black HP Veer 4G 2.2.4 ($50)
    - AT&T HP Pre 3 16GB ($200)
    - AT&T HP Pre 3 16GB ($180)
    - AT&T HP Pre 3 16GB (cracked screen, $60)
    - 32GB HP TouchPad ($150 via Best Buy HP computer bundle)

- 16GB HP TouchPad ($180, sold for $200)

I find myself jumping back and forth between webOS devices (a major pain with regards to my webOS account). I'm currently back to using my Pre 2 for whatever reason. Sometimes I much prefer my Veer, other times I want the Pre 3s big screen/keyboard.

I seem to have some kind of compulsion to buy webOS devices and must stop myself; I've been mused lately to try and get a Palm Pixi Plus and collect all of the different Touchstone back covers (a totally pointless idea). We'll see if I go beyond seven webOS devices.

I use all of my devices on StraightTalk's bring your own device plan. Haven't had any issues with speed or MMS yet.

When I'm not using webOS, I'm likely on WP7.5 using a Dell Venue Pro.
    Last edited by SlightlyAmiss; 10/01/2012 at 12:20 AM.
    Palm Pre 2 · HP Veer 4G (2.2.4) · HP Veer 4G · HP Pre 3 · HP Pre 3 · HP Pre 3 (Cracked Display) · HP TouchPad
    RumoredNow likes this.
  18.    #38  
    124 voters with 360 devices... 2.90 per...

TouchPad is way out front and no surprise really. I believe Open will make some headway there. It seems a good fit as OpenwebOS appears to be more akin to 3.x.

Pre 3 with a surprisingly strong showing... I suppose recent price drops are helping that along. Heck, I may have to get one soon if that trend continues.

I'm a bit surprised that Pre 2 is so far past Veer (52:40) as BNIB Veers are quite reasonably priced. I guess the small screen puts people off from upgrading Pre-/+/2 -> Veer. I rely on my Veer over Pre 2. Just love that cute little Panda cub.

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Veers may be quite cheap in the US but in the UK, they aren't much cheaper than a Pre3 so can't say I'm surprised at the difference
    Nokia Lumia 920 (daily driver ) - HP TouchPad 32Gb (in daily use) - TouchPad 16Gb (out on loan to a friend) - Pre 3 (AT&T - unlocked) - Pre3 (EU - dev mule) - Veer Panda (AT&T - unlocked, dunno what I'm gonna do with it) - Pre (much abused n stored for sentimental reasons)
  20.    #40  
    128 voters with 372 devices... 2.91 per...

Should be 373 devices as I technically have a TouchPad. Except FedEx is holding it hostage after failing to deliver it Saturday as promised.

Mobile Nations Devotee
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast