Like Tree17Likes
  • 7 Post By Fisack23
  • 4 Post By GMMan
  • 3 Post By Rockbeast
  • 1 Post By kataran
  • 2 Post By Fisack23
  1.    #1  
    Okay folks, here's the plan:

We open a class-action lawsuit against Apple for copyright infringement of Universal Search (Just Type), Inductive Charging (Touchstone), and just for all-around childish behavior. We win the lawsuit for $800 billion dollars, and use those resources to renew the WebOS platform and hardware.

What other infringements can we think of? Should we go back and include Xerox with us, since they developed the GUI format and the mouse?

Note: all comments in this section are purely for entertainment purposes and not to be construed as license for Apple, Inc. or its subsidiaries to sue, harass, or otherwise intimidate the participants of this thread in any way, shape or form.
    How about suing them for cluttering up Twitter, various news feeds, and now being the subject of conversation here on webOS Nation with their endless lawsuits, that frankly I couldn't care less about? Some more interesting articles I've been forced to read lately:

Exclusive: Confessions from the Most Corrupt Apple Store in America (Updated)

Apple v. Samsung judge, at wit’s end, asks if lawyers are “smoking crack” | Ars Technica

Two-finger touch tech came before iPhone - Samsung: Apple developed touch tech? Yeah, right (pictures) - CNET News

Apple vs. Samsung patent case jury has reached verdict - Bottom Line <- this one says it's reached a verdict....yet....THERE'S NO VERDICT reported!!!
    I just wasted MORE TIME and didn't find ANYTHING OUT!!!
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    and with all that money we can create a webOS driven skynet and the rest is/will be history.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Let's sue Apple for having a grid-patterned launcher. Palm had it way before them, and even had that little area where the app icons would always be visible. Heck, Apple just made a cheap knockoff, where the icons are only visible when the phone has power and is on the home screen.
    To quote Derek's open source video:
    Palm patent: (paraphrase) "Orientation dependent/changing (?) functionality of an electronic device" (I forgot, but the iOS calculator adds more functions when rotated.)

False advertising, where they label their devices as multitasking, but it is far more handicapped. Most apps I use cannot continue to load stuff in the background. (other than media)
    "Most advanced mobile OS"? That is subjective.
    "Years ahead"? LOLOLOL
    "Even further"? IM DYING!!! XD

Black phone? Treo 650 Black Tie

That's all I have for now
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    and with all that money we can create a webOS driven skynet and the rest is/will be history.
    Hey, that's a good idea. Because in a webOS Skynet, to shut down a terminator, all you have to do is swipe up and toss him away...or her.

the movie versions must have been either Apple iOS (untouchable access to OS) or Android (you don't have to kill Terminators, the OS will shut them down when it thinks you need more resources...these OSs know what's best for you...
    their logic is undeniable...oops, sliding into another techno universe again).
    Last edited by Rockbeast; 08/25/2012 at 03:37 PM.
    k4ever, geekpeter and kataran like this.
  7.    #7  
    I'm trying to figure how Samsung cost Apple over 1 billion dollars - because people bought the Samsung rather than the Apple phone? Do they really think that nobody would have bought a Blackberry, Palm, Nokia, or HTC? Is Apple the only choice?

I know people who would buy anything EXCEPT an iPhone. Are they some of those billion dollars that Apple wants?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisack23 View Post
    Okay folks, here's the plan:

We open a class-action lawsuit against Apple for copyright infringement of Universal Search (Just Type), Inductive Charging (Touchstone), and just for all-around childish behavior. We win the lawsuit for $800 billion dollars, and use those resources to renew the WebOS platform and hardware.

What other infringements can we think of? Should we go back and include Xerox with us, since they developed the GUI format and the mouse?

Note: all comments in this section are purely for entertainment purposes and not to be construed as license for Apple, Inc. or its subsidiaries to sue, harass, or otherwise intimidate the participants of this thread in any way, shape or form.
    SAMSUNG IS THE ONE WHO IS COPYING US!!!!!!!!!!!! How stupid are you? Apple isn't doing anything. THEY copied the design. THEY copied TTS. And They did a lot more
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by boovish View Post
    SAMSUNG IS THE ONE WHO IS COPYING US!!!!!!!!!!!! How stupid are you? Apple isn't doing anything. THEY copied the design. THEY copied TTS. And They did a lot more
    Gee, a little over-reacting there? You don't notice the irony of Apple crying, "Foul!"?
    Quote Originally Posted by boovish View Post
    SAMSUNG IS THE ONE WHO IS COPYING US!!!!!!!!!!!! [...] THEY copied TTS.
    Wrong. Samsung had NFC on their devices a year before HP even announced TTS for webOS. Do your research next time.
    It's actually a viable solution(considering how MENIAL Apple's cases are), but they won't do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    this is the best ever thread on this forum. I'm in, can we hire this guy as our lawyer?

Touchpad 4G, Pre3
    I heard somewhere that apple wanted 40 dollars for every Samsung phone sold or some price in that range ?

I say to apple give internals 2 dollars for every iphone sold and we will forget about all that court mumbo jumbo
    32G Touchpad
    iphone 5 on sprint wouldn't leave a good relationship
    Fisack23 likes this.
  14.    #14  
    So we get a bite out of each Apple?
    xandros9 and tonymac32 like this.