Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
  1.    #1  
    Mine would have a:
    3.5" screen
    Portrait and landscape keyboards (They did something like that once and it was AWESOME!)
    Riverstone Design (SCREW YOU SAMSUNG!)
    Touchstone built in
    non-removable back
    Verizon and Sprint exclusive
    8MP Auto focus camera
    Palm logo
    Dual Beats speakers
    Proximity sensor extremely hidden
    Available in Red (Verizon Only) Yellow (Sprint Only) White and Black
    NO ambient light sensor (They are annoying)
    1 MP front facing camera
    flash ABOVE camera
    High pixel density screen
    Touch gesture area
    3.5 mm headphone jack
    magnetic charger port (Like on the Veer)
    No 4G (Its a waste of money and battery life)
    9 Hours of usage
    3 month standby

And thats it!
    Share your ideas of a perfect webOS smartphone
    shell of iPhone
    hardware of Galaxy S3
    WebOS on it

And a Catalog filled with best apps possible.

You wanted me to describe Limbo, didn't you?
    War doesn't prove who's right, only who's left...
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy1969 View Post
    shell of iPhone
    hardware of Galaxy S3
    WebOS on it

Kinda
    My dream phone: Make one just like a pre2, maybe little bigger screen, touchstone and physical keyboard a must ( I like to see the whole screen when I type emails) but make it more clicky, softer, whatever. Want virtual keyboard also.

A browser with folders and other enhancements of universe browser. Don't need tabs, I like cards and stacks better. Most important it needs to be able to reflow text so I can read any website in portrait mode (don't care for landscape much)

Make it so the email and text notifications cycle through new emails and messages instead of just showing me the last one and how many.

A maps app that doesn't take forever to load.

Autoplay youtube somehow, too many time having to press play before video plays

NanPlayer. Equalizer?

That's it, don't care for camera and all that stuff, and phone needs to be bug free and fast.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Last edited by laingman; 08/09/2012 at 08:29 PM.
    kataran likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by boovish View Post
    Mine would have a:
    3.5" screen
    Portrait and landscape keyboards (They did something like that once and it was AWESOME!)
    Riverstone Design (SCREW YOU SAMSUNG!)
    Touchstone built in
    non-removable back
    Verizon and Sprint exclusive
    8MP Auto focus camera
    Palm logo
    Dual Beats speakers
    Proximity sensor extremely hidden
    Available in Red (Verizon Only) Yellow (Sprint Only) White and Black
    NO ambient light sensor (They are annoying)
    1 MP front facing camera
    flash ABOVE camera
    High pixel density screen
    Touch gesture area
    3.5 mm headphone jack
    magnetic charger port (Like on the Veer)
    No 4G (Its a waste of money and battery life)
    9 Hours of usage
    3 month standby

And thats it!
    Share your ideas of a perfect webOS smartphone
    Verizon and Sprint exclusive? How foolish. Imagine the sales the iPhone could have had when it was first launched had it been on every carrier, just like the SIII. I would NOT leave AT&T, with my grandfathered data plan, for ANY phone. Plus, the coverage in my area is terrible for anything but AT&T.

My dream phone specs? Galaxy SIII, with a gesture area and webOS, and apps galore.
    Current: OnePlus One, Nexus 10
    Retired: Palm Centro, Palm Pre+, HP Veer, HP TouchPad, Samsung Galaxy SIII, Moto X (2013), Nexus 7 (2012)

"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
    My dream: Pre 3 without bugs, 2.800 mAh in same size, with the Nokia N8 cam.

The rest is a rest...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    my pre2 on steroids

32g

zoom camera.....all bugs fixed....

faster chip

nuclear lifetime battery
    32G Touchpad
    iphone 5 on sprint wouldn't leave a good relationship
    purplepansy likes this.
    I've used them all..Android, iPhone, and Blackberry - and I'm still in love with my Palm pre. What I would love to see is, a better screen resolution and a more robust hardware... The Os is what keeps me coming back to WebOs.
    MAMISHO likes this.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Pre2 enhancements suggested by Kataran, plus a magnetometer.
    kataran likes this.
    I would not have a favorite but i do think it most likely will appear on a Nexus tablet maybe a phone
    I would not have a favorite but i do think it most likely will appear on a Nexus tablet maybe a phone.
    Well, for my taste a webOS phone should be like the Palm Pre 3 with a superior built-quality and all the good stuff you see from other phones. I would like an HD resolution screen with 3.7inches, 8MP camera(autofocus, HDR, Face-detection), Good battery life, and NFC capability.

P.S: One more Wish And of course(let's not forget), I would like to see the WebOS team go there own separate way(away from HP grasp).
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    kataran likes this.
    The Preł (aka: Pre4) with 1.4 GHz dual core (uberkernel please!)
    4.0 inch (within the same size of the Preł -it's possible if spaces are well used, with screen right at borders but with no unwanted_finger_touch issue while holding it) with 1024x720 HD Display
    2800mAh yet a bit slimmer that its predecessor
    8mp rear camera (with zoom!) and 3mp front facing camera (able to take photos! Mini flash if possible ;-) )
    White and black (and covers for colors of choice -brown if its necessary-)
    No dimming sensor
    Physical keyboard (either a mechanism to slide_it_rotate_it so one can write in landscape or virtual keyboard at last -but only for landscape-)
    and first of all, open webOS! Oh! And ACL of course!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy1969 View Post
    shell of iPhone
    hardware of Galaxy S3
    WebOS on it

haha i like it!
    A solid build like the iPhone is all that I ask
    I'm starting to think we need a list of links to all the 'Dream phone' threads... ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    I'm starting to think we need a list of links to all the 'Dream phone' threads... ;-)
    I'm pretty happy with the Pre3 so I would say, essentially a Pre3 but slightly bigger screen (say 4"), a working virtual keyboard for those times when you can't be bothered to slide out the qwerty, maybe dual core processor and, maybe 4G support (though that won't be an issue for a couple of years here). Oh, more RAM and, say 32G flash (or 16G with a micro SD slot). The battery still needs to last a day like the current Pre3.

And finally, full support for Android apps, either ACL or the equivalent. Being realistic we are not going to get back to a decent ecosystem from day one so this is needed to make the device viable for most modern users.
    4.5" 720p AMOLED-Display
    1GB RAM
    1GHz Dual Core Processor
    5 MP Autofocus camera with flashlight
    1.3 MP front faceing camera
    3.5mm audio jack
    Removable and 2800 mAh battery
    No micro-SD slot - 8/16GB internal memory
    And naturally WebOS 3.0.X and ACL support
    No physical keyboard
    Micro-USB
    HP Veer Unlocked Wifi/3G 8GB - WebOS 2.1.1 & Unlocked Samsung Galaxy Nexus (maguro) - CM 10.2.1
    WebOS developers are awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonononoki View Post
    No micro-SD slot - 8/16GB internal memory
    Just curious Nonononoki, but why do you specifically NOT want an SD slot?
    I can't see that it would do any harm and may mean some will be satisfied with even 8G which would otherwise put people off.

I'd be happy for it to go under the battery with the SIM card though, doesn't need to be hot-swappable.
    It's because he described his current phone.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast