Pre2 size perhaps thinner and same keyboard
    Resolution higher for fotos/videos but UI size the same
    Full blown LTE/4G (worldwide)
    State of the art WIFI dual freq
    State of the art autofocus cam + frontcam
    State of the art processor and ram
    Better battery but still changeable
    nice to have: are microSD and HDMI output

Rest the same like gesture area, inductive charge, ringer switch.
    vgg and TJs11thPre like this.
    Dual booting M8? Any chance that logo area is touch sensitive? It would make a great gesture area...

Hands On with the HTC One M8 for Windows: The first OS-agnostic phone | Ars Technica
    In light of recent events, I would opt for the Nexus 5 or an even stronger device, like the G3...
    War doesn't prove who's right, only who's left...
  4.    #44  
    I think I would prefer a blackberry passport because of that funky screen, or maybe we could use the blackberry classic, and the trackpad could become the new gesture area. If only their boot loaders weren't locked.
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
    Quote Originally Posted by boovish View Post
    I think I would prefer a blackberry passport because of that funky screen, or maybe we could use the blackberry classic, and the trackpad could become the new gesture area. If only their boot loaders weren't locked.
    Although I am eager to pick up the new BB whenever AT&T decides to start selling it, and I hear BB 10 is pretty good with some traces of WebOS, imagine LuneOS on a Passport!
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    An LG G3 + SD slot and removable battery. Why? Great hardware, already exists (mostly) and LG is in a prime spot to port WebOS. How hard can it be? Little to loose; the same HW can support Android. It could be a check box option when ordering your phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by tjgriffin View Post
    ... How hard can it be? ...
    Oh, that question makes me cringe. :/

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    I'm not a big fan of these giant slabs. I was at Best Buy the other day, and every phone was freakin huge. like.. great. wtf?
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by boovish View Post
    Mine would have a:
    3.5" screen
    Portrait and landscape keyboards (They did something like that once and it was AWESOME!)
    Riverstone Design (SCREW YOU SAMSUNG!)
    Touchstone built in
    non-removable back
    Verizon and Sprint exclusive
    8MP Auto focus camera
    Palm logo
    Dual Beats speakers
    Proximity sensor extremely hidden
    Available in Red (Verizon Only) Yellow (Sprint Only) White and Black
    NO ambient light sensor (They are annoying)
    1 MP front facing camera
    flash ABOVE camera
    High pixel density screen
    Touch gesture area
    3.5 mm headphone jack
    magnetic charger port (Like on the Veer)
    No 4G (Its a waste of money and battery life)
    9 Hours of usage
    3 month standby

And thats it!
    Share your ideas of a perfect webOS smartphone
    Better specs (speed, voice quality, battery life, camera quality, app catalog, build quality etc.) than the top of the line Android and iOS phones but with the UI, Gestures, Multi-tasking, Synergy etc. of the WebOS which has kept me using my Pre despite the fancy smancy Android and iPhones. Also a bluetooth keyboard case for keyboard lovers.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    I'm not a big fan of these giant slabs. I was at Best Buy the other day, and every phone was freakin huge. like.. great. wtf?
    Yeah...I love my Note3. Lots of real estate, text I can actually read! and a stylus! that is nicely integrated. The HWR is pretty good. It could definitely be improved. I also love Swype. Plus swap-able battery and an SD card. I'm the only Android in the house. Every time I do something on one of the iPhones, I feel like Movie era Scotty in a ToS Jeffries tube
    Dream phone: very much like a Pre3, with much of what others have mentioned (modern radios, modern processor and RAM, card slot of some sort, better camera(s) ...) plus:
    - Working GPS!
    - detachable keyboard -- magnetic or something -- so it could be used as either a portrait slider or a candybar.

Not that I could see that last item actually working in real life, but we are dreaming here ...
    Quote Originally Posted by tjgriffin View Post
    Yeah...I love my Note3. Lots of real estate, text I can actually read! and a stylus! that is nicely integrated. The HWR is pretty good. It could definitely be improved. I also love Swype. Plus swap-able battery and an SD card. I'm the only Android in the house. Every time I do something on one of the iPhones, I feel like Movie era Scotty in a ToS Jeffries tube
    The GIANT phone is just not it for me. 4" display I'm cool. Pre3 was just about the perfect size for the entire phone dimensions, imo.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  13.    #53  
    You know, I love how this 2 year old thread is still going
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123