Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    I love my pre 3 <3 but is dead, 12% webos doctor :'(
    Here you go:

Duration 23:40

Project ARA Dev conference online, 15/16 April...
    http://www.projectara.com/

They are aiming at $50 for the base device. It'll run Android, but presumably no technical obstacle to webOS. Start designing!
    MAMISHO likes this.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    @Mamisho

I had the same problem (Not pass 12% webos doctor). I could only get it with recovery back up working again with old problems.

What saved my day (after endless tries) was that I used the 2.2.0 doctor instead of the 2.2.4 doctor. This one did the job just fine. Updated OTA to 2.2.4 and ran the 2.2.4 doctor again - and - woah - it got pass 12%!

From there on all updates and patches were a smooth ride as hoped.

So maybe that might help you.

Best Jörg
    MAMISHO likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhurley View Post
    Just curious Nonononoki, but why do you specifically NOT want an SD slot?
    I can't see that it would do any harm and may mean some will be satisfied with even 8G which would otherwise put people off.

I'd be happy for it to go under the battery with the SIM card though, doesn't need to be hot-swappable.
    "Benefits of internal storage

There are three aspects to an internal flash (NAND) memory. First it is costlier than external SD cards, even though manufacturers buy in bulk. This is because it supports much higher read write speeds (the speed at which it stores memory and at which the processor can read what is inside it). Secondly, an internal memory chip is inside the phone, which means defects will cost the company in repairs and this makes them seek better quality chip which increases the cost.

Moreover, internal memory is purchase months in advance so by the time it reaches the consumers, its price falls further leading to bigger difference in internal and external memory."

Which is better: Internal memory or external?
    HP Veer Unlocked Wifi/3G 8GB - WebOS 2.1.1 & Unlocked Samsung Galaxy Nexus (maguro) - CM 10.2.1
    WebOS developers are awesome!
    Form factor and build quality of the Blackberry Q10 / Bold 9900. Love the keyboard and the sturdy construction. A three inch screen is fine.

High end internals. Cameras as good as the iphone 4 or better. 2500 mah battery. Go thicker to achieve two days between charges.

No need to complain about the small screen. It's MY dream phone, not everyone's.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk
    IIIxe | z22 | Pre 3 | Bold 9900 | Q10 | Nexus 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonononoki View Post
    "Benefits of internal storage

There are three aspects to an internal flash (NAND) memory. First it is costlier than external SD cards, even though manufacturers buy in bulk. This is because it supports much higher read write speeds (the speed at which it stores memory and at which the processor can read what is inside it). Secondly, an internal memory chip is inside the phone, which means defects will cost the company in repairs and this makes them seek better quality chip which increases the cost.

Moreover, internal memory is purchase months in advance so by the time it reaches the consumers, its price falls further leading to bigger difference in internal and external memory."

Which is better: Internal memory or external?
    None of which precludes the option of also allowing external storage. Some people have needs for large storage (e.g. video/audio or even just pictures) and will be put off if they can't add cheap mass storage. It doesn't need to be as fast as application memory so long as it can write a modern HD video file in real time which, let's face it, modern SD cards can do with ease. The big issue is cost and the article you quote indicates why internal storage is so much more expensive.

I'm very much in favour of a decent amount of internal storage plus the option of adding external for those that need lots more. It means you don't have to produce multiple models and you can put it inside the battery compartment so you don't have to compromise the body of the phone. Hot swapping should not be an issue as people who really want that can use OTG cables to connect external drives if they need to.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoJoe2 View Post
    @Mamisho

I had the same problem (Not pass 12% webos doctor). I could only get it with recovery back up working again with old problems.

What saved my day (after endless tries) was that I used the 2.2.0 doctor instead of the 2.2.4 doctor. This one did the job just fine. Updated OTA to 2.2.4 and ran the 2.2.4 doctor again - and - woah - it got pass 12%!

From there on all updates and patches were a smooth ride as hoped.

So maybe that might help you.

Best Jörg
    I will try tonight thanks
    Pre3 but slightly bigger, slimmer, faster. better cam; virtual keyboard also; updated OS.. maybe multi-bootable to android, although I've never used an android phone.
    Veer2 with a bit more cpu power, ram, storage and slightly better resolution, (easily) replaceable battery, better camera /w autofocus, but most of all: internal headphone jack. Housing can be a little bigger to fit the headphone jack, but must still be smaller than original Pre.

Yep, I just love my phones tiny.
    boovish likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by DocJones View Post
    Veer2 with a bit more cpu power, ram, storage and slightly better resolution, (easily) replaceable battery, better camera /w autofocus, but most of all: internal headphone jack. Housing can be a little bigger to fit the headphone jack, but must still be smaller than original Pre.

Yep, I just love my phones tiny.
    Yup that would be the best phone ever!
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Saijin_Naib likes this.
  11.    #31  
    I love the Veer's size. And it really attracts attention in my school. One person said, "Is that an egg?" followed by "Are you coming to the musical?" I said no because I have no money. she replied by saying "Thats because you bought a freaking egg"
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
    Global Posts
    2,742 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by boovish View Post
    I love the Veer's size. And it really attracts attention in my school. One person said, "Is that an egg?" followed by "Are you coming to the musical?" I said no because I have no money. she replied by saying "Thats because you bought a freaking egg"
    LOL, i walked into a telecom store with my White Veer and to my surprise he knew about webOS and HP with the Pre2, 3 and Veer and asked if my Veer was unlocked, which it isn't, still locked to AT&T.

I left the store pretty impressed by the fact that people still know about webOS.
    Treo 680 with webOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by LMZR View Post
    LOL, i walked into a telecom store with my White Veer and to my surprise he knew about webOS and HP with the Pre2, 3 and Veer and asked if my Veer was unlocked, which it isn't, still locked to AT&T.

I left the store pretty impressed by the fact that people still know about webOS.
    Use Dogbert's Method to unlock. It's pretty painless, works and is FREE.

Dogbert's Blog: Free Unlocker for Palm/HP Phones
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Body:
    Roughly Pre3 sized, if not slightly longer.
    QWERTY Slider + T9 front pad

Charging:
    microUSB + Inductive (qi? do we have a standard yet?)

Screen:
    OLED, GorillaGlass, 800x480 or more, size not to exceed 4"

Front of device:
    Front facing cam (1.3mp or more), light sensor, prox sensor, earpiece/microphone, gesture area
    T9 Keypad, 5-way D-pad, call function buttons below screen

Back of device:
    5mp or more (large pixel sensor array best), autofocus, LED flash, video capable
    Speakerphone assembly, microphone assembly for noise cancellation

Side of device:
    Micro-SDXC slot
    Dedicated Volume buttons
    Dedicated Camera shutter button

Top of device:
    Ringer/silent switch
    Power switch
    3.5mm headset jack

Bottom of device:
    microUSB port

T9 Pad:
    Standard fare
    Call/End buttons
    5-way D-pad
    Clear/delete
    Button layout as Samsung dumbphone

QWERTY Pad:
    Landscape for extra real-estate
    Full-size layout, same as HP/Palm keys & functions
    Two bindable shortcut keys (as Menu/Option on samsung dumbphones)

Radio:
    Quad-band "World" GSM/ 2g
    USA Banded 3G
    USA Banded 3G+ (HSPDA)
    USA Banded 4G LTE
    BlueTooth 4.0 LE
    GPS (GPS + GloNAS)
    NFC
    WiFi 802.11ac
    iRDA
    (Variants for Europe/ROW for radio bands as well)

Software:
    webOS 2.2.4 or openwebOS
    +
    Android 4.4.2
    (Dual-boot configuration)

That would be my perfect device.
    Last edited by Saijin_Naib; 05/27/2014 at 05:06 PM.
    my dream is to have my hands on a pre3. no matter that this used or not this date. no matter that no application for or hp us back. my dream is to have my hands on a pre3 webos because I love it. Es perfecto en sus imperfecciones.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua764 View Post
    my dream is to have my hands on a pre3. no matter that this used or not this date. no matter that no application for or hp us back. my dream is to have my hands on a pre3 webos because I love it. Es perfecto en sus imperfecciones.

Have you tried eBay? You could even get a new one!
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
    Quote Originally Posted by boovish View Post
    Have you tried eBay? You could even get a new one!
    if. I saw it. and what is needed is money. but once they have bought it.
    Gracias

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    4.7 inch screen
    modern hardware
    and webos on it.

Srsly, that's a dream for me. The kind you wake up from a sleep and you realize it's not true and it hurts. ouch. But if it's gonna have bells and whistles too...

wow, i realize i just really don't care about anything else. Oh, Touchless controls. It's the only thing i would miss about the moto x.

oh yeah (had to look at others' answers, )....ringer switch...64gb....touchstone of course....day long battery...good radio.
    Global Posts
    817 Global Posts
    Just give me a Pre 3 refresh:

Updated functionality on the OS..
    Slightly larger higher resolution display
    Modern radios (LTE/XLTE)
    A more robust construction (I may have to break out my backup soon if the case cracks any more).

The Pre integration with the wireless charging stand is nothing short of brilliant. I turn off the ringer and drop it on the charger and it automatically turns off the vibrator for everything except clock alarms and phone calls. I stll find the keyboard much more convenient that a VKB as it still allows one-handed operation and can be touch-typed when necessary.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast