Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree38Likes
    I have plenty of ideas that I spring up with on twitter and irc and stuff when I think of them. I should probably write them down somewhere, but it usually involves something that i think when I'm doing something, "wouldn't it be neat if i could .." and then i forget about it. :| Basically, I feel that I'm pretty hampered though on suggestions until we actually see Open webOS. I have a feeling that Open webOS is going to be a pretty significant upgrade compared to the differences between 2 and 3.

In any case, since I'm working in the area of Synergy Connectors at the moment, some things that I'd really like to see ..

Significantly reducing the massive database traffic that a connector such as Skype inflicts. Turning on Skype with hundreds of users in my contacts list takes a Pre2 over 4 hours to sync all it's data, and kills the battery in the process.

Attempting to build a Twitter client that does anything more than outgoing tweets, and possibly pay attention to Mentions, although I haven't done it, I believe would be suicidal for your battery. At least if you have hundreds of people in your timeline.

Making all of the existing Synergy connector types public - at the moment, I know that we can't submit a PHONE connector to the app catalog. I don't know about the other types. I do know we can submit a MESSAGING, CONTACTS, or CALENDAR connector. There are also MAIL, VIDEO, PHOTO, TASKS, and possibly more connector types that I haven't discovered yet.

Add new Synergy connectors- perhaps one called SOCIAL or STATUS, which would have an app that allows you to update your status simultaneously or individually across different social networking sites. Maybe have the SOCIAL have a subtype for "status" and "share", in which case any app that wants to work with statuses or sharing, can get access to do that on any social network.

Perhaps one called NOTIFY or NOTIFICATION, which could be a service that plugs into services designed to deliver notifications - although arguably this could easily be implemented already with a plain app.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Yeah, well I am going with the skeptics here...for obvious reasons. But, you want to know what clinched it for me? Well...not really clinched it, since there were so many other things, but nonetheless it's funny. This statement: "I believe the treasure chest of apps that make up the current ecosystem of webOS, are the greatest fundamental achievements in modern history, and it's my job to prove it"

No way you are serious.

Look at it this way forum admins...at least he may be keeping people on the site. No way I would be here this long without this post. Seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by chris3illiams View Post
    I really don't think so. When I make my "pitch" video all if not most of that information will be easily view-able and available on the web and in plain sight. It's just specs for a phone, all parts that carry their own manufacturing costs.

Plus there are still things about Eden I have yet to share.

Luckily those who have signed NDA's fully understand what exactly I'm doing. But does anybody have any suggestions about the current state of the software and how we has all been created already can take a fresh step in a new direction. I mean, my software ideas I don't believe are all that radical and if you could take a step back, you would realize this is almost the way it was "meant" to be.

I believe the treasure chest of apps that make up the current ecosystem of webOS, are the greatest fundamental achievements in modern history, and it's my job to prove it. I realize how difficult this is, and the opposition I keep meeting is only delaying my inevitable future. I ask that you please share with me your thoughts and ideas. I am only one person and with my team I believe we can do something pretty amazing. Something larger than just me and what I want to accomplish.

This is my only chance to do something. I can't let this just slip away.
    All of this is the problem. You're here and talking, just to be talking. You could meet with any one of a number of people (including at HP if you have the contacts) and any one of them could come forward with a simple statement that what you're saying is true, you're on a path, and we need to be patient and offer support. So far you come off as someone who doesn't seem to know how to talk about a project that could benefit webOS without sounding like someone living a rich fantasy life.

If you really want to carry forward like this, I'm going to take the time this weekend, take every one of your posts, string them together in one document, and then present them for analysis without judgement. You might want to do that first and either back off, get some corroboration for your statements from an independent source, or "softly and silently vanish away".
    Mr Williams,

I still await your serious response to my suggestions on the previous thread.

Until that occurs, I cannot take your new claims here seriously, and I recommend others also to be skeptical.

Regards,

Rod Whitby
    Founder, WebOS Internals
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    xandros9, marcedhk, cgk and 9 others like this.
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again... nothing pertaining to webOS is true until Rod Whitby says it is.
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    Oh this thread is a timewaster, move on.
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Mr Williams,

I still await your serious response to my suggestions on the previous thread.

Until that occurs, I cannot take your new claims here seriously, and I recommend others also to be skeptical.

Regards,

Rod Whitby
    Founder, WebOS Internals
    Rod,

We don't need your help and I won't be contacting you again. We do not need anyone's approval, especially since it won't pertain to how the platform is going to shift anyway, it's basically useless.

If anything, I'm very sorry for contacting you in the first place. It was a gigantic mistake to even ask how you feel about anything.
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again... nothing pertaining to webOS is true until Rod Whitby says it is.
    Exactly my mistake.
    Quote Originally Posted by chris3illiams View Post
    Rod,

We don't need your help and I won't be contacting you again. We do not need anyone's approval, especially since it won't pertain to how the platform is going to shift anyway, it's basically useless.

If anything, I'm very sorry for contacting you in the first place. It was a gigantic mistake to even ask how you feel about anything.
    Yes... his advice and expertise is useless. Nice... I take it you never read (or heard of) this book:

With that last comment, I believe this thread has run it's course and died out of breath and wheezing.

<thread closed>
    If you can't co-operate with webOS Internals, I don't know what you're doing here.

webOS Internals = Trusted, and been around here since the beginning.
    Project Eden = Fly by Night company nobody has ever heard of, with no credentials.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123