Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    As before, in response to your claims this community is requesting proof of their veracity. If you can supply that, great. If you can't, my recommendation (and the best course of action for a business standpoint) is to not talk about it in the first place.

That's my two cents on the matter. After the last bout, I can assure you that many who followed your claims before are looking at this with very skeptical eyes, myself included.
    As before, in response to what I initially asked was for ideas about evolving the software. This doesn't mean this is good time to ask me any questions that don't pertain to what I initially asked in the first place. I have welcomed any comments/ questions about the software on Eden. Why? Because I believe people would have a lot of questions about something they may not fully understand.

Its completely unreal that I would ask for help with the software and get anything but help with the software. So let's try this again until we get it right. I don't think anyone needs you to speak for them regarding how they feel about our company or our mission. You may feel obligated to do so, but please don't. It's not fair for the people out there who don't mind thinking for themselves.

I can assure you that the people involved on this project not only have the know how to get this accomplished and any matter regarding the details of the business will be handled by professionals and not part time bloggers.
    Last edited by chris3illiams; 04/20/2012 at 09:55 AM.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by chris3illiams View Post
    As before, in response to what I initially asked was for ideas about evolving the software. This doesn't mean this is good time to ask me any questions that don't pertain to what I initially asked in the first place. I have welcomed any comments/ questions about the software on Eden. Why? Because I believe people would have a lot of questions about something they may not fully understand.

Its completely unreal that I would ask for help with the software and get anything but help with the software. So let's try this again until we get it right. I don't think anyone needs you to speak for them regarding how they feel about our company or our mission. You may feel obligated to do so, but please don't. It's not fair for the people out there who don't mind thinking for themselves.

I can assure you that the people involved on this project not only have the know how to get this accomplished and any matter regarding the details of the business will be handled by professional and not part time bloggers.
    Not that blogging is bad or anything.
    You want help with software... except Open webOS is nowhere near a full release at this point, so we have no idea what it will have and what it may still need.

Software is important, no doubt, but thanks to the plans put forth by HP, the software should be able to be installed on a wide range of devices. People here are very interested right now in hardware, so if you post about hardware, they're going to jump all over it. If you're not ready to discuss hardware or show it off, then don't mention it.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Cantaffordit likes this.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    You want help with software... except Open webOS is nowhere near a full release at this point, so we have no idea what it will have and what it may still need.

Software is important, no doubt, but thanks to the plans put forth by HP, the software should be able to be installed on a wide range of devices. People here are very interested right now in hardware, so if you post about hardware, they're going to jump all over it. If you're not ready to discuss hardware or show it off, then don't mention it.
    I want help with the ideas that could potentially unify the platform. Whatever will be in Open WebOS, I'd like to think I have a pretty good idea of. I was contacted by members of HP shortly after having a meeting and skyping with a few people.

If there is gonna be a wide range of devices that support webOS, than isn't it already obvious that I too will have hardware that webOS can run on. I mean think about it. Eden is just a blend of specs mashed together with cohesion. Eden is already theoretically an Android phone. This leaves only behind the vision of software, wouldn't you agree Derek?

The hardware personally I think is meh, compared to the experience that innovations in software can achieve.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaled93 View Post
    Do you have any job openings?? and can u tell us the names of employees even just the managment team so we can confirm from them.
    We hire based on culture FIRST. You need to be the right for for the vision Alienlab and have ongoing contributions to forward thinking nature of the company. PM me with anything about you and the best way to contact you.

You may also have to relocate.
    I want help with the ideas that could potentially unify the platform. Whatever will be in Open WebOS, I'd like to think I have a pretty good idea of. I was contacted by members of HP shortly after having a meeting and skyping with a few people.

If there is gonna be a wide range of devices that support webOS, than isn't it already obvious that I too will have hardware that webOS can run on. I mean think about it. Eden is just a blend of specs mashed together with cohesion. Eden is already theoretically an Android phone. This leaves only behind the vision of software, wouldn't you agree Derek?

The hardware personally I think is meh, compared to the experience that innovations in software can achieve.
    Ok, I just reread your original post - twice. You start by talking about the hardware. You continue talking about the hardware. You mention webOS and "some ideas" then you bring up the MHL port and continue, again, to talk about the hardware. You do, at the end, mention "needing developers", but much like the hardware, you don't really say why - are you asking for their time? Their money? Do you have some software plan? Because you don't present one...or are you asking them to give you a plan?

Perhaps you should close this thread, start over, and say something like "we're working on some hardware that we're not ready to discuss. But I would like to ask the webOS developer community for: " and then actually ask some concrete questions.

People want to believe...if you want to talk software, stop talking hardware and actually ask something.
    Last edited by alacrify; 04/20/2012 at 10:37 AM.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by alacrify View Post
    Ok, I just reread your original post - twice. You start by talking about the hardware. You continue talking about the hardware. You mention webOS and "some ideas" then you bring up the MHL port and continue, again, to talk about the hardware. You do, at the end, mention "needing developers" much like the hardware, you don't really say why - are you asking for their time? Their money? Do you have some software plan? Because you don't present one...or are you asking them to give you a plan?

Perhaps you should close this thread, start over, and say something like "we're working on some hardware that we're not ready to discuss. But I would like to ask the webOS developer community for: " and then actually ask some concrete questions.

People want to believe...if you want to talk software, stop talking hardware and actually ask something.
    You should read it one more time and see if you can find the bright shinny egg in the middle. I talked about the hardware to give users an update on the specifics of what were doing. Secondly, I brought up the MHL port as a way of coasting the mind into thinking about the software possibilities that would go with a feature that was never on the Pre to begin with. I mentioned needing developers to possibly make new ways of interacting with that hardware/software combination.

The hardware is the gateway to the software. Not only does it offer innovation in its own right, when all devices share around the same neighborhood of specs, the software and practices will be the only differentiator.
    Global Posts
    187 Global Posts
    I Love This Idea When The KickStarter Starts Yes I Will Back 100%
    Last edited by zclash; 04/20/2012 at 11:21 AM.
    Personally I don't like the hardware design you use as a reference. It's going to be another iPhone, Galaxy, HTC whatever clone with a huge screen. It doesn't stand out and doesn't get attention!

I really believe that for business users we should have a phone with a physical keyboard as well like the Veer or Pre3.

It might be a niche market, but has really potential!

Everybody around here is making comments on how small and useable the Veer is for example! It's unique and people appreciate it!
    domicius likes this.
    1. This post, just like the one I created were about the software. So hopefully we can just stay on topic this time.

2. The only thing I need you to do, is help.

3. The videos I recorded were with my own personal camera and still linked to my own personal Dropbox account. Fraudulent is not only incorrect but it doesn't apply here.

4. If you don't run a technology company, its not surprising you don't understand about anything about how it would work. It's a gigantic effort on my behlaf to pull all the small things together that equal to the much larger whole.
    Actually, FYI, I do have considerable management experience at technology companies and do know how these things work. Because of this, I can say without any hesitation that the way you seem to be going about this is simply not the way things work in the technology industry.

I don't know what your management experience is, but based on my experience, this whole thing seems very suspect, and even if you are actually serious about this I don't see how anything can possibly come out of this the way you are going about it.

If you are really serious, and this isn't all a colossal waste of everyone's time, let me offer you a piece of advice. Take a leaf out of Michael Dell's book. Acknowledge your limitations, focus on your strengths, and work with others that actually have the experience and strengths that you lack and let them handle those aspects of the business. That's how you grow a business from a room in a condo to the third largest computer maker in the world - not by the approach you are taking. You are clearly not the right person to interface with the community to get support and cooperation for this venture (again, assuming there really is a venture). Find someone else who is, and appoint them to represent your team.
    i2y4n and domicius like this.
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Personally I don't like the hardware design you use as a reference. It's going to be another iPhone, Galaxy, HTC whatever clone with a huge screen. It doesn't stand out and doesn't get attention!

I really believe that for business users we should have a phone with a physical keyboard as well like the Veer or Pre3.

It might be a niche market, but has really potential!

Everybody around here is making comments on how small and useable the Veer is for example! It's unique and people appreciate it!
    Thank you for your contribution. The hinge on Palm's phones really shot them in the foot. Its mechanical for one (parts) and the screen has a terrible picture etc.. I think 4" is the perfect screen size for everything.

I have hinted in the past at a keyboard accessory add on, that I think would be perfect for those who like physical buttons. Something like... Amazon.com: Ultra-thin Sliding Bluetooth Keyboard for Apple iPhone 4/iPhone 4 CDMA and iPhone 4S: Cell Phones & Accessories
    Thank you for your contribution. The hinge on Palm's phones really shot them in the foot. Its mechanical for one (parts) and the screen has a terrible picture etc.. I think 4" is the perfect screen size for everything.

I have hinted in the past at a keyboard accessory add on, that I think would be perfect for those who like physical buttons. Something like... Amazon.com: Ultra-thin Sliding Bluetooth Keyboard for Apple iPhone 4/iPhone 4 CDMA and iPhone 4S: Cell Phones & Accessories
    I believe the Veer hinge is fine, cannot tell about other devices though. Have been using it daily for the past 6 months and so has my g/f, no issues whatsoever
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by toanedre View Post
    This guy makes Steve Jobs seem humble.

Following this project is kind of fun as long as you don't take it too seriously or literally. Do a twitter search for the same username and you will find more amusing delusions of grandeur. Just look at it as free entertainment. It's not as if there's a lot going on here in webOSLand otherwise.
    Listen to this guy because he represents your ideas, hopes and dreams in an incredibly convincing and well thought out kind of way.

Can't you tell?
    Listen to this guy because he represents your ideas, hopes and dreams in an incredibly convincing and well thought out kind of way.

Can't you tell?
    No?
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    I believe the Veer hinge is fine, cannot tell about other devices though. Have been using it daily for the past 6 months and so has my g/f, no issues whatsoever
    The HP built sliders are "solid as Sears". Pre3 just as solid as the Veer, obviously being much bigger it doesn't feel exactly the same, after 6 months, it still clicks loudly when closing if you let it "snap itself closed".
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Once again, we get to the "show proof show proof" mantra, which at first seems reasonable, but consider this: if Chris is not trolling-- and I'm not going to even make a call on that or not -- then there's likely a whole lot of reasons behind why someone wouldn't be able to show much of anything, if anything at all proof wise.

First, being that it takes some time to move a device from design to actual hardware, even test hardware.

Second, it would be virtually impossible to get the existing webOS implementation up on hardware that doesn't very closely mirror one of our existing devices.

Third, even if he is working closely with HP and has access to the current development tree of Open webOS, Open webOS is not available at the moment, and is therefore not Open and it's pretty likely that anyone without a specific NDA can't see it.

If you feel he's trolling, fine, but let's at least all be nice to each other around here.
    Last edited by eblade; 04/20/2012 at 01:32 PM.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    @chris3illiams

At least you can show ur prototype device (if it is really there) along with the plans you have laid out to make your project become true to the administrators of this community, which is by the way one of the nicest webos community, who then can speak on behalf of you, which creates belief on your project among community members which in turn brings some potential funders to your project. Otherwise people will have their doubts on your project considering what you are saying, like your plan to put openwebos which is very far away to even be completely open OS.
    I would like to add that there are many folks on these forums that have long been under an NDA from HP, these folks are very good about properly sticking to said NDA. So if anyone with a legitimate project/product/etc is/was looking for support this will be one of the great places to find people willing to sign and stick to an NDA to assist with aspects of said project.

With that said, if the Topic of this thread was under NDA, I would say the content of this thread has already broken most (probably any) NDA.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    I would like to add that there are many folks on these forums that have long been under an NDA from HP, these folks are very good about properly sticking to said NDA. So if anyone with a legitimate project/product/etc is/was looking for support this will be one of the great places to find people willing to sign and stick to an NDA to assist with aspects of said project.

With that said, if the Topic of this thread was under NDA, I would say the content of this thread has already broken most (probably any) NDA.
    I really don't think so. When I make my "pitch" video all if not most of that information will be easily view-able and available on the web and in plain sight. It's just specs for a phone, all parts that carry their own manufacturing costs.

Plus there are still things about Eden I have yet to share.

Luckily those who have signed NDA's fully understand what exactly I'm doing. But does anybody have any suggestions about the current state of the software and how we has all been created already can take a fresh step in a new direction. I mean, my software ideas I don't believe are all that radical and if you could take a step back, you would realize this is almost the way it was "meant" to be.

I believe the treasure chest of apps that make up the current ecosystem of webOS, are the greatest fundamental achievements in modern history, and it's my job to prove it. I realize how difficult this is, and the opposition I keep meeting is only delaying my inevitable future. I ask that you please share with me your thoughts and ideas. I am only one person and with my team I believe we can do something pretty amazing. Something larger than just me and what I want to accomplish.

This is my only chance to do something. I can't let this just slip away.
    But does anybody have any suggestions about the current state of the software and how we has all been created already can take a fresh step in a new direction.
    Well since you have met with HP, you have a better idea than any of us posting in this thread as to the current state of the software and what has been created.

None of us have access to webOS OS, I would really suggest you speak with the people that are involved with HP in developing webOS OS and Enyo JSJSJS $2$ $since$ $that$ $is$ $the$ $future$ $of$ $what$ $you$ $are$ $talking$ $about$. $Beyond$ $that$, $anyone$ $that$ $has$ $access$ $to$ $ANY$ $early$ $access$ $information$ $would$ $not$ $be$ $able$ $to$ $speak$ $about$ $that$ $on$ $these$ $forums$.

You are asking for input from people that have zero access to the webOS that will be used on future devices (other then Enyo JSJSJS $which$ $is$ $not$ $webOS$ $anyways$, $but$ $just$ $trying$ $to$ $be$ $clear$ $and$ $consistent$). $Nobody$ $can$ $give$ $you$ $suggestions$ $on$ $software$ $because$ $none$ $of$ $us$ $know$ $what$ $will$ $or$ $won$'$t$ $be$ $there$ $come$ $September$ $when$ $webOS$ $OS$ $is$ $released$.

In summary, you can't give us any real hardware information or a plan. We have zero access to the software that you will be using. So we have no hardware, no software, but you want suggestions. You should be really going to your team for this as they are the only ones that have any remote knowledge of what "now" is and how to improve or change "now".

We will all be happy to give you input when we have something to give input on.
    sledge007 likes this.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast