View Poll Results: Are you willing to help us?

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll
  • WebOS is the future and I can't wait.

137 93.84%
  • I'd rather stick to Android/iOS

9 6.16%
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
Like Tree258Likes
  1.    #101  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylo View Post
    Meanwhile, in some android forum, a 13 yr old kid and friends are laughing at everyone here.
    Don't let the misconceptions of a troublesome internet change our mission, this is for us as much as it is for you. If you know anyone else who would like to add to our project I am also on Google + and linked in.
    <<link removed by staff>>
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 03/18/2012 at 09:39 PM.
    Chris, despite all of the trolls out there who just want to bash everyone who comes up with a new idea, I encourage you to keep working. I prefer WebOS to the other systems that I have seen, and would like to stay with it.

I am a Sprint user and will stay with Sprint, so please don't leave us out! Here are the specs/suggestions that I have:

- Front-facing camera for Skype video calls
    - GPS/Nav
    - Voice dial/control of programs
    - Camera that will read barcodes
    - Tethering ability (wifi, bluetooth, USB)
    - Memory card
    - May be impossible, but Touchstone compatibility
    - Touch To Share?

I am currently on a Frankenpre 2, so I'm okay for a while. But if a viable alternative comes along what will allow me to run WebOS, my family would consider it. We were (before my daughters left for Droid) a 5 WebOS phone family.
    chris3illiams and VasTheGreek like this.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisack23 View Post
    Chris, despite all of the trolls out there who just want to bash everyone who comes up with a new idea, I encourage you to keep working. I prefer WebOS to the other systems that I have seen, and would like to stay with it.

I am a Sprint user and will stay with Sprint, so please don't leave us out! Here are the specs/suggestions that I have:

I am currently on a Frankenpre 2, so I'm okay for a while. But if a viable alternative comes along what will allow me to run WebOS, my family would consider it. We were (before my daughters left for Droid) a 5 WebOS phone family.
    We were also a 5 webOS family, now 3 since two daughters trashed their phones, there was no webOS hardware to go to.

The problem is not if Chris WANTS to make Sprint hardware, its that Sprint must approve it and very likely will not. So to remain on Sprint means Chris can't help you.

That is why I suggested perhaps some way to run hardware approved on Sprint (an ICS droid like the coming Journal) and dual boot it? Is that even possible?

I am not leaving Sprint, for now, so the only option I have is to find a work around.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Yep. If he wants to try let him try. I dont know which is worse this or the guy with the for speed video back in the day. Never seen so much rotten eggs in my life.
    There's no comparison between the open hostility of the "Need for Speed" discussion and the mostly rational justified skepticism of this thread
    Cantaffordit likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    There's no comparison between the open hostility of the "Need for Speed" discussion and the mostly rational justified skepticism of this thread
    i dont know. Its not like Cris came in here asking for money, he only asked for suggestions. Why not just give him the suggestions and wish him good luck, instead of making him out to be some kinda fraud.
    4 1/2 inches & no Sprint, right there makes it not an option for me.

That aside, I am skeptical of the professionalism of any company head that would call any potential partner's core services "terrible." It strikes me as amazingly short sighted, poor business, and a sort of childish comment. Even when Apple chose not to make a CDMA phone for they didn't start do it with insults of other companies. You can choose to not make a CDMA phone for many reasons but yours seem personal rather then sound business reasons which gives me pause. And CDMA carriers/phone users make up well over half the lucrative U.S. market.

I find it equally problematic that someone lacks enough understanding of the U.S. market to know where Sprint stands currently; that it has been adding users in recent quarters not losing them. Again, sounds highly unprofessional.

I do question the wisdom of basing any product on a Samsung design without explicit permission. Not saying you don't have it but it's a concern.

Regardless, I say if you want to make a phone just make a product. Then try to sell it. If you want investment from people you need a well written business plan and a working prototype.

Good Luck to you.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
    Good luck to you we will be cheering for you

Sent from my White Touchpad with Communities
  8.    #108  
    Quote Originally Posted by SnotBoogie View Post
    4 1/2 inches & no Sprint, right there makes it not an option for me.

That aside, I am skeptical of the professionalism of any company head that would call any potential partner's core services "terrible." It strikes me as amazingly short sighted, poor business, and a sort of childish comment. Even when Apple chose not to make a CDMA phone for they didn't start do it with insults of other companies. You can choose to not make a CDMA phone for many reasons but yours seem personal rather then sound business reasons which gives me pause. And CDMA carriers/phone users make up well over half the lucrative U.S. market.

I find it equally problematic that someone lacks enough understanding of the U.S. market to know where Sprint stands currently; that it has been adding users in recent quarters not losing them. Again, sounds highly unprofessional.

I do question the wisdom of basing any product on a Samsung design without explicit permission. Not saying you don't have it but it's a concern.

Regardless, I say if you want to make a phone just make a product. Then try to sell it. If you want investment from people you need a well written business plan and a working prototype.

Good Luck to you.
    If Sprint would only sell one Windows Phone and discontinue it, they are only invested in a numbers game. This is more than units per brand.

There is no way to make a Sprint device that will justify everyone at this time. I understand that At&t and T-Mobile combined, including the many international carriers make up a larger pie than Sprint's. Please remember, Sprint serves no pre-paid GSM offer for users who don't want/use a data plan (I am one of these people).
    i dont know. Its not like Cris came in here asking for money, he only asked for suggestions. Why not just give him the suggestions and wish him good luck, instead of making him out to be some kinda fraud.
    I am not saying fraudulent. I would say more naive and without substance on the evidence presented so far.
    chris3illiams, as I understand the phone will not have a gesture area?
    I need my gesture area, and my touchstone. I saw my gf with her iphone plugged in in her car which I hav not done in years and it looked so strange.
    Quote Originally Posted by chris3illiams View Post
    If Sprint would only sell one Windows Phone and discontinue it, they are only invested in a numbers game. This is more than units per brand.

There is no way to make a Sprint device that will justify everyone at this time. I understand that At&t and T-Mobile combined, including the many international carriers make up a larger pie than Sprint's. Please remember, Sprint serves no pre-paid GSM offer for users who don't want/use a data plan (I am one of these people).
    Of course sprint is in a numbers game. They are trying to make a profit. It's not greenpeace. What do you expect their priorities to be? Philanthropy? It's a utility. No different then a cable company or an electric company. Who cares if they only sell one windows phone? If windows phones don't result in them turning profits well i'm sure they'll stop selling them as soon as whatever agreements they have to sell them would expire. It's sound business. They'll stock that sells.

I don't understand what you mean by "There is no way to make a Sprint device that will justify everyone at this time." Did you mean "satisfy?"

Regardless you said no cdma phone, so you in the U.S. that's means you're not no matter what you make well over half of phone users in the U.S. can't use it. I get it. You're mad at Sprint. That strikes me as an emotional choice not a business choice though. Fact is, with no cdma you can't sell to well over half the cellphone users in the country. Hey it's your product. It's your choice. Do what you want. As for the fact that there are more gsm carriers world wide compared to sprint. Fine but, not to rain on your parade, but it seems a bit crazy considering launching a phone product internationally is a huge prospect that even HP struggled to do. Either way CDMA is not going away in the United States any time soon; even after LTE comes out fully.

I'll be honest your comments don't seem to relate to anything i said. Prepaid? Not sure why that matters. Regardless, Sprint serves no GSM anything as far as I know. Sprints prepaid is Virgin mobile and Boost Mobile. Either way none of that is relevant to anything i said. Not sure why you mentioned but...well...ok.

Either way good luck to ya.

Well i'm surely not calling the guy fraud. I do question some of the choices.

But i think the skepticism by many in this thread and the questioning comes from the first post because there are a couple statements made that are gonna invoke a request for proof. They are:

"I have created a webOS device from the reference design of the Samsung Infuse 4G."
    "This phone would be 4.5" SAMOLED,.."
    "I have made a few prototypes"

He's said he's created a device and prototypes so when you say that you gotta expect request for evidence. Especially on this forum where every body and their mom claims a sprint rep told them something about a new webos phone. Also the term "would be" adds confusion. It makes people wonder if the device is actually created as the first quote says or its something that will be created. It's just sounds confusing. Regardless, i don't think the guy is a fraud but from the OP i would expect questions asking for more info and "proof."
    Who stops this early April fool's joke? It's too long to have this going on till 1 April. Still hope something good and useful comes out of this.....
    Are you considering a Pre-like formfactor? Because that is what makes webOS so fantastic. scalability. I’d love to see a phone with a hardware keyboard an a Pre’s screen size!
    webOS is simply fabulous

TouchPad’s Virtual Keyboard Layouts: http://forums.webosnation.com/member...d-layouts.html
    in isagar2004’s post: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...rrow-keys.html
  16. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisack23 View Post
    Chris, despite all of the trolls out there who just want to bash everyone who comes up with a new idea.
    It's trolling to be skeptical of claims with no evidence?

This place is starting to remind me of a post-apocalyptic film - in the space of a year we have gone from

HP is doubling down because this is a marathon and WebOS will be on every PC

to

It is likely that Sony/HTC/samsung will buy/licence webOS

to

Well we can hack it onto android hardware

to

Some dude with a PC repair business is going to make new webos smartphones

What is the next low going to be? Someone claiming to have carved a working smartphone out of a bar of soap and some string?
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post

This place is starting to remind me of a post-apocalyptic film - in the space of a year we have gone from

<snap>

Some dude with a PC repair business is going to make new webos smartphones

What is the next low going to be? Someone claiming to have carved a working smartphone out of a bar of soap and some string?
    Going where no man has gone before. LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Stop putting up a fight man! Just drink kool-aid it's good for you. lol. Nah, anyone skeptical of anything or that does not have an axe to grind with, companies named after fruit, people named Leo, androids, Microsoft, playbooks, HP, unicorns, or sunny days may be a troll. No matter what is written you are to agree with it without question. Drink up.

Sssssluurp!!! "Ummmm what is this? Grape? OOOOO! I love grape!"
    Global Posts
    498 Global Posts
    Hi everyone,

Lets give the guy a chance. Whether he is going to build a phone or not, we can help him identify our choice, can't we? There's no harm in putting up our preferences and help this guy.

We can always be skeptic but still help him in case he is true to his words.
    If the discussion is about WHAT members want in a phone, that's is one thing. Claiming you've built physical prototypes but showing basic Photoshop pictures of an iPhone with webOS cards layered over the screen image is another. If we look at this thread as tongue-and-cheek banter, we'll all be fine. Otherwise, the sharks will have a feeding frenzy in this thread like chum in the water.